Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Silver

Help: Lactic Acid Peel + Copper Peptide

Hi,

I have been thinking in getting a lactic acid peel from homepeels, but I have some doubts. What should I use before doing the peel? And after doing the peel? I am also thinking on getting a Copper Peptide, but I don’t know wish to choose, also have doubts if I use it only after the peels or if I can use it everyday. I know I should take some time between the peels, so wish daily routine should I use?

If it helps I can post pics. Anything else ask (Sorry for my bad English)

Thx in advance

I have not had a peel done so I can't speak to that, however if you are looking for a good brand of copper peptide then Skin Biology is one to consider.

Before the peel, you would prep your skin with prep solution - this is included when you buy the lactic peels. After the peel, use copper peptides. Get the basic copper peptide serum (move up to a higher strength like Super CP when you are accustomed to it). Use the copper peptides every night and follow with a moisteriser like emu or jojoba oil. Do the peel once a week - they come with instructions, you need to follow them.

Thanks for the help Maya,

But i still have doubts about the results i will get..... i´m 26 y.o. and had acne until the 24, for 2 years now i am free of acne, but i got scars all over.... i have tried other metodhs but they didn´t work (even elicina lol).

I am hopping this will help.. anyone think it will be useful to post some pics ?

One more thing.... how does the peels does with sun ? I´m in Portugal.. and it´s summer... beach time :-/ he he... i allways use sunscream on my face... will it do any harm ?

is it neccesary to use copper peptides? i just oredered the lactc acid peel from homepeels.com as well, but it was like $75, and i don't really want to dish our more money if i don't have to.

The results will vary from one person to another - they will not give you an overnight improvement - once you have done 4-5 peels (over 1 monh) you will find that your skin tone is much improved, pores smaller, red marks fade... can help with very shallow scars, but not deeper ones.

No, the copper peptides are not essential, but help to smooth out the skin a little more and are soothing after a peel.

You need to wear at least an spf15 sunscreen at all times.

Well... i usually use a 8-6 spf (i am quite white, but i´m accustomed

to the sun), i´ll get a 15 just for the face (lol, or my mama 30+spf)

Anyway, i have read the ENTIRE post on the vinegar and Lemon and i will start it too. Let´s see how it goes, i have been already using the lemon for about 2 months, but for other reasons (losing weight), so i just add the vinegar :-

silver - if you want to losse weight, try drinking 3 times a day:

In hot water, 1 teaspoon of honey with 2 teaspoons of cider vinegar in a hot cup of water - really helps to surpress the appetitie and the vinegar breaks down fat and oil.

thx for the advice Maya, but i am losing weight not because i´m fat but because cardiac problems, i´m 1.76m (69-10 inches) and 68 kg (150 l). i have 3 months to stop smoking.. doctor´s order and since the begining of the year, i have to go to the gym 3 time a week.... what a live :- so i think stick for the lemmon for now

Anyway yesterday i started the vinegar (white) and dilute it in 2 vinegar for 1 water, a little bit hard at the first seconds but no problems beside that. I didn´t but it in the morning (i´m a slacker allways late for work), but i will do it again at night.

Dam... just read than the stuuf from homepeels takes 3 weeks form US to UK.... to Portugal it must be a month... NOW i´m glad i started the vinegar.

It takes 3 weeks to get to UK? well I have been waiting 2 weeks now, so hopfully this week..

[-o<

That's strange because I ordered some items from them recently and they arrived within a week - got stung with £25.50 of duty and taxes though!

Ye I expect to get stung for around 20 quid. Did it arrive in the day, like FedEx or something (and needing signing for), or did it just come in the morning post?

It arrived at about 9:30 in the morning, it needed to be signed and payed for upon receipt.

I know i´m really anoying... but is it ok to use a moisturizer with the 15 SPF ? (it could save some time for my daily routine) i haven´t noticied until yesterday night (i must have overlooked it) but mine already has a 15 spf.

thx

Idk what would be wrong with that! Actually, i think it's probably better, to protect u from sun damage. i personally use a moisturizer with SPF every day!

Silver - the answer is yes.. as long as you get the SPF element, it doesn't matter where it comes from.

Can these lactic peels help with raised scars?

What's the best ways to trat raised scars? (I have a couple on my nose.... really ugly)

Just something i wanna share to who read this....

I Just took som pics with my Digicam with the macro mode (so it could take good local big pics)... and i find them really horrible... no way i put that on the net :) really ugly at that close up... kind of... anyone like to see it ?

Silver, I'd be interested in the pics. I'd like to see your progress, so I can decide whether or not to try lactic peels. I was hoping I wouldn't have to resort to them. [-o<

To the people who are using vinegar as well as their other creams, lotions and potions - you must consider that the PH balance of your skin will alter and may cause more problems than it is worth.

If you are intending to go out in the sun whilst doing the vinegar treatment ALWAYS use a SPF 30 as the vinegar weakens your skin's ability to fight of UV rays which could result in skin cancers.

Good luck with everything :)

emit - I have stoped Vinegar because i was having some strange redness with my face, but i have used used wine vinegar, i have shoped for Apple cider vinegar and i´m waiting for the redness to god to start using... i will inform for the results. By the way... i´m already going into the beach, i am not sure if i should use the vinegar at all.

Mitternacht - Well i have got new pics today (the same close-up) they don´t look as nasty as yesterday (baybe because this were taken in the morning, i dunno), i will post as soon i find somewere to post. Any sugestions about some site were i can post them ?