Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Has anyone tried Differin? I tried it for about two weeks... yes not long enough. But.. i wasnt seeing any results. I am a very impatient person. && that doesnt help when i have acne. Im planning on using it again. But... by reading some of the posts on this forum, it seems lyke it is making everyone's face turn red? YIKES! could some1 give me more info on that? Thanx!

Has anyone tried Differin? I tried it for about two weeks... yes not long enough. But.. i wasnt seeing any results. I am a very impatient person. && that doesnt help when i have acne. Im planning on using it again. But... by reading some of the posts on this forum, it seems lyke it is making everyone's face turn red? YIKES! could some1 give me more info on that? Thanx!

Same with me, I have used it alot of times before without any good results. Differin doesn't help my acne or my blackheads, etc.

Either differin worked on my skin or Im out-growing it, because Ive been clear for a while with it.

Phooney how long where you on it before you became clear?

As you can see by my log above, I've been on it for little over a week and I've seen vast improvement. No new outbreaks and my skin is looking much more smoother. However my skin does become a little dry at times so I'm applying clean and clear oil free moisturiser and it works a treat.

Are you poeple putting differin all over your face? I'm just applying a thin layer over the parts wher i have spots and where they come from.

Differin takes time to work. If you are taking antibiotics or acctutane then there is no need for Diffarin because it could irritate. Otherwise, keep on useing it for 4 week and in the first 5 days, you experience swelling redness numbness or peeling, discontinue it. Has anyone tried Retin-AMicro

I've been on retin a micro for 4 weeks now and my skin is finally starting to improve. I was on differin for 3 months and it didn't help my skin at all. I would recommend retin a over differin anyday. I didn't have irritation with either one besides the initial breakout

I was on it for 7 or 8 weeks and it didn't help or hurt my skin, basically a waste of money.

Haha.. thanx for the help guys. Hmm.. ive been on differin ever since i posted this topic. Im taking antibiotics && applying differin every morning and night. It seems to help. Slowly but surely.

I've been on it for about 3 weeks and just started to breakout real bad but only around the mouth area...no idea if this is working...the only thing keeping me from going to the doc and quitting the differin at this very moment is that the darn thing costs so much...so i'm hoping that in a couple more days it will finally kick in and WORK for me.

Aww... well i THINK i heard that it takes a lil while b/4 it starts to kick in. lyke..

"WHOA RESULTS!" Haha.. but be patient.. :] Oh and.. somebody told me it takes SIX weeks to c good progress using Differin.

sad.gif I was thinking of buying Differin but now i'm not so sure biggrin.gif I don't really have acne like CRAZY but i do have quite a few here and there biggrin.gif

Differin is very mild... so it has a very uhh.. how should i put this... its not a harsh product. If you want to use Differin, it would do good for ur acne. But.. Differin is also kinda xpensive. As an alternative, you should try the Neutrogena on the spot gel. That really does help if you have pimples here n there.

Differin takes time to work. If you are taking antibiotics or acctutane then there is no need for Diffarin because it could irritate. Otherwise, keep on useing it for 4 week and in the first 5 days, you experience swelling redness numbness or peeling, discontinue it. Has anyone tried Retin-AMicro

For me.. ive seen improvements on my chin && forhead.. now just got the rest of my face to take care of.

BiochemBabe:

Mayb the antibiotic didnt work for you.. or it just didnt go well w/ the Differin. Did you switch to another 1? Diff antibiotics work differently. You just gotta try a whole bunch til you find 1 that works for you. Umm... b/c i think antibiotics r sure to work... if you find the right kind taht suits you. I mean.. it does work INSIDE the body.. so y wouldnt it maintain your acne? Hmm.. im not a derm so i really cant say....

But for any1 who is or wants to try Differin.. i would definately say.. try it! But.. Differin does take a lil while longer than other medications to work.. its so mild.

For me.. ive seen improvements on my chin && forhead.. now just got the rest of my face to take care of.

BiochemBabe:

Mayb the antibiotic didnt work for you.. or it just didnt go well w/ the Differin. Did you switch to another 1? Diff antibiotics work differently. You just gotta try a whole bunch til you find 1 that works for you. Umm... b/c i think antibiotics r sure to work... if you find the right kind taht suits you. I mean.. it does work INSIDE the body.. so y wouldnt it maintain your acne? Hmm.. im not a derm so i really cant say....

But for any1 who is or wants to try Differin.. i would definately say.. try it! But.. Differin does take a lil while longer than other medications to work.. its so mild.

Hmm.. im really sorry to hear that >< Since the birth control was workin for ya.. mayb you could do what your currently doing now && then after a while go bak to them. Cause then your body will have a lil time to just.. breathe. Hey.. ya never kno. Mayb your acne will get better w/o all of those meds in your body.

Haha.. im not so lucky yet.. we got my whole face to deal w/. But good luck w/ your acne.

i used it and it did nothing for me only to increase redness... so if i were you id stop.. sorry if thats what uve already done and im a bit late to read the post!! x

i've been using differen.......nada.....niente.....nuthin'. im going on accutane as a last resort.

i was only on it for two days . i dunno if its the gel itself but my bigger pimples on my forehead seem to have reduced. as for the clogged pores i have by my nose. not much improvement yet but i have to wait longer.