Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dan

Need corporate lawyer referral

Hi everybody,

I am emersed in the process of making a large, inexpensive bp for everyone. It has been quite a learning experience. I now need to decide on which type of business entity the new company will be, and through my reading on the topic, I have come to realize I need to consult with an attorney who specializes in this sort of thing. :-k

Since I do not have lots of money, I thought I would ask here if you had any friends or family members who are corporate laywers who might be able to talk with me for a half hour or so some day and steer me in the right direction. I can pay for this information, but would prefer to use the money for product development.

The cost of making this new product is high. I am sinking a bunch of savings into the project, but I am concerned that I will still come up short. As always, please continue to order through drugstore.com from http://www.acne.org/order.html if you can. I will use all the money I can generate through sales on drugstore.com that is above what it takes to host this site and plug it into this new product.

When the product comes out it should be extremely high quality and very inexpensive. I also want to keep you guys involved as much as possible. I need input on a name of the product (so far I'm just working with "The Acne.org regimen BP gel"), packaging ideas, general suggestions, etc. If all goes well, and the product sells, I want to use it to give back to the community. I have a fantasy of making a company which actually has morals and makes it a priority to share the wealth. Any ideas on how to do this are also welcome.

-Dan

hmm, names...."DanMed BP Gel", "Regimen BP Gel", " DanClear BP Gel",

"DanMax BP Gel"....

Starting your own company is a great idea !!

I don't know any lawyers tho....

Hey Dan,

I'm really happy that you're trying to get a larger BP tube. I think one of my aunt's a lawyer, but I'm not sure what kind, but I'm sure she would help if she could.

As far as names go, I would say Dan's Regimen BP gel, or Dan's BP gel, because Dan is such a great name :)

Anyways, if you need me to do anything, I would be delighted to give you a hand.

And thanks for everything!!!!

My lawyer got me 6 months so I'm NOT recommending him! {jk...or am I?}

Anyway, I just like "BP" or "Big Fat BP" y'know like the generic labels.

Thanks for the site! I hope you are able to realize your dream.

Namaste

What a project! I'm impressed. I've maybe a good way to start without lot of money.

I'm French and here costs 3€ the high quality BP 2.5% 40g (Today 1€ = 1.19$). It means that you can have this product in Europa for very cheap. So Here is the idea : You start distribute other BP products by importing them, you make money and contacts, and then you can try to create your corp. ! (and the PeroxDan or else)

Good luck Dan !

Woo.. finally! I hope you are quite successful, dan, with your product (and company), and I'll definately buy it if it works as well as neutrogena on the spot and is cheaper. :-

I've been wondering when you'd attempt to market your regimen... if you didn't, someone would. :)

3 Weeks and 100% clear, minus redmarks... thanks to you.

hey- that's so great! congrats and good luck. sorry, i dont know anybody but i still wish you the best of luck

Hi everybody,

I am emersed in the process of making a large, inexpensive bp for everyone.  It has been quite a learning experience.  I now need to decide on which type of business entity the new company will be, and through my reading on the topic, I have come to realize I need to consult with an attorney who specializes in this sort of thing. :-k 

Since I do not have lots of money, I thought I would ask here if you had any friends or family members who are corporate laywers who might be able to talk with me for a half hour or so some day and steer me in the right direction. I can pay for this information, but would prefer to use the money for product development.

The cost of making this new product is high.  I am sinking a bunch of savings into the project, but I am concerned that I will still come up short.  As always, please continue to order through drugstore.com from http://www.acne.org/order.html if you can.  I will use all the money I can generate through sales on drugstore.com that is above what it takes to host this site and plug it into this new product.

When the product comes out it should be extremely high quality and very inexpensive.  I also want to keep you guys involved as much as possible.  I need input on a name of the product (so far I'm just working with "The Acne.org regimen BP gel"), packaging ideas, general suggestions, etc.  If all goes well, and the product sells, I want to use it to give back to the community.  I have a fantasy of making a company which actually has morals and makes it a priority to share the wealth.  Any ideas on how to do this are also welcome.

-Dan

Are you SURE you want to be a corporation? You get taxed twice, once at the personal level, and once at the corporate level, you have to deal with tons of red tape and filings with the SEC, draw up a charter, specify stocks, and you WILL pay through the nose to do all of this.

Until you are sure your business will suceed, why not just be a sole-propreitership? You can simply just start, have total control, pay tax only once, can deduct your business expenses, etc. if it builds up to where you want it, then incorporate.

Do not underestinate the BS inolved with incorporation. Howver, you may want to look into sub-chapter S corporations. I'd look into either an S-corporation or sole-propriertership.

If you would like a corporate attorney, look here, a directory of corporate lawyers in CA, each state has it's own laws, so you will need a lawyer familiar in the state you incorporate in, many choose Delaware(!), because it is business freindly;

http://www.lawyers.com/find_a_lawyer/searc...tate=5&x=32&y=0