Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rmcp2k

Prevent Accutane Initial Break out

i got a referal from my family doctor to see a derm. within next 2 weeks. I want to get on accutane but in my mind the only side effects i'm afraid is the intial break out. Any experence tane user have a suggestion how to prevent this from happening?

umb go on a very low dose and gradually increase it, but it would mean you would be on the med for a long time. If you qualify for tane I say just get it over with.

There is no way to really avoid it. For the medicine to work to its potential, you must not use any other medications (for acne) while on acutane. If you use other meds it interferes with the process and this may be why some have to do the process twice. The initial breakout is something you have to go through. Everyone is different in their reaction. The one theory mentioned (start with small dose) might be one way even though it is not 100 % proven and you may have to take it longer. I had an initial breakout that was pretty bad. It eventually went away.