Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

i've been thinkin recently, ive always wanted to be a stand-up comic my whole life, i have just recently started thinkin about actually tryin it, i have a lot of material written, but one half of me is self concsious of my acne, (it is not a very bad case but still) bein on stage and all. but then another part of me says fuck it, get up there anyways, I dunno, it just kinda sucks, but hopefully this shit will clear up one day....

Whatever you decide, make sure you are not uncertain about whether or not you should do it right before you are due on stage. People can see insecurities and will make the crowd uncofortable if you are uncomfortable. You need to have complete confidence in yourself when you do it.

Whoa whoa whooooaaaaaaa. If there is any profession on earth for which having the ironical ascerbic wit of an acne sufferer is more suited, then I know not!

AND...not that I have any clue what you look like, but the funnier looking the better, AND we all know it's easier to laugh at yourself when you have a good audience. Don't worry about insecurity! Look at woody Allen!!

I think this is a genius idea. carpe diem.

Hey, stand-up comedy is the toughest shit out there. There are waaaay bigger factors to succeed than acne. For you however, this is a self-confidence thing.

I suppose it all comes down to "public-speaking" being the #1 fear of people in the world.

Hey, your acne will clear up sooner or later w/ the help of this site :- , so dun worry about that too much, work on your comedic skillz and routine. GL HF ^_-

Best of luck man,

Andrew

some of the advice i've read on this site is pretty comical..maybe u could use it in your routine. I say use your acne to your advantage,just like overweight comedians joke about their weight maybe u could poke alittle fun at yourself it just may boost your self esteem.

i've been on the regimen for 2 1/2 weeks now. My face improve at first (2nd week of regimen) but i've been getting new few spots lately.

Does this happen to you guys? Should i pop them out or leave them for a while to let the bp kill them???

maybe u should talk about the acne when u r up there.

it takes guts, but when u learn to laugh at it with the audience, then u can talk past it ,and put in other material.