Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I am on roaccutane and after ever breakout it is making my spots leave more and more red marks.

My face isnt going to look clear wen i have finished this course in july because of these ugly red maarks.

What r u people on accutane doing to get rid of these?

And people who have finished there course of accutane what have u bought/got from derm to get rid of the marks?

Thanks all

Hello!

I also suffered from severe red marks. I am in my second month of accutane and am on 80mg/day. At the end of the first month, my face was so red! My derm gave me a green tea extract which really helped. Its very soothing, and almost all of my red marks disappeared within a week. I can go home tonight and check the brand name of the product and get back to you tomorrow. Good luck!

holy crap. u serious.. iight.. ima ask ma derm bout tha.. she told me its temporary discolorations.. and i had dem last year even wen i wasnt on accutane and dey took a cpl of MONTHS to go away.. so it ruined ma summer.. now im on accutane and i have dem worse.. i nee3d to find out more info bout tha green tea extract.. ill pm u.. thanx

my derm and my mom want me to go on accutane because nothing is clearing me up. but honestly, i have like 3-4 pimples, but the entire rest of my face has red marks. nothing has worked to get rid of them. i tried the lemon juice thing and the tape method. neither worked, i figured they wouldn't. this green tea extract... tell me more about it. i'd rather not go on accutane if nothing will happen to the red marks.

Same thing with me - ive only got about 2 spots on my entire face. However these red marks from old spots make me look like a cheetah with measles. But this tea thing sounds interesting - i'll check later. cheers

Hikaya

did u find out the brandof that green tea extract?

And r u int he UK? if u r could u tell me which store i would get this stuff from.

and the only thing that comes up when i do a search is teabags.

is that what it is.

boil a teabag and then put it on your face.

sounds strange but i am willing to try anything heheheh :-

Hey All!

Actually, I am in the US. The Green Tea stuff comes in a small pump bottle and I paid about $45 dollars to buy if from my derm. The bottle is white and light green and is called "Replenex" Serum. I did a search on google, and couldn't find it anywhere. The only thing I find is replenex that you take orally for joint pain. It seems to have the same green tea extract in it though. I will see my derm next thursday, and I can ask her then where to get the stuff.

I also started using tea tree oil at night before I went to bed maybe three-four times a week. Now I only use it once a week because the red spots have turned into dry pale brown spots which are fading quickly. I take a wet cotton ball and put a few drops of tea tree oil on it then apply it to the spots that need work. During the day, I use Neutrogen skin clearing make-up with salycilic acid as a cover up and skin healer. I am not sure which of the three things works the best -maybe its the combination of all three. When I find out more information about the Replenex serum, I'll let you know!

Hey guys -

I found a product that looks very similar to the green tea extract serum I use. You can find it on skinsite.com, under the product brand name Neova. The product is called Neove calming green tea serum, and it sells for roughly $42. The product description explains how green tea extract is an antioxidant, and it helps soothe redness in acne prone skin as well as other skin ailments. Check it out...

I recommend to anyone having problems with these damned red marks to try phiosophy's on a clear day H2O2. It is a peroxide formula and I love it! I had horrible redmarks that NO makeup would cover and I bought this stuff a month ago and I love it. The red marks are almost all gone! The peroxide helps to combat upcoming breakouts and I believe it has a bleaching effect on the skin. Knock on wood I haven't had a break out since starting with the H2O2. My monthly breakouts have been sustantially lessened. The vit c hope and a prayer is also fab! Made my skin soooo soft for the first time in my life! If anyone tries the stuff let me know! I wish you guys would try it! I tell people all the time...I know you have heard it all! I went out tonight for the first time without makeup and it felt great!!!!

Thanks for the info lissalyn. I may have to check that product out also. For chicklet and everyone else, I went home and looked at the bottle again, and the name of the product is replenix, with an "i" at the end, not an "e." You can buy it and read more about it at www.skincarerx.com ($36.95, good description of the product), and www.freshskincare.com ($27.95, brief description of the product). The product also comes in a cream form. Hope this helps!

Use Apple Cider Vinegar!!! I know it sounds silly, but it really works. I think someone may have posted something about how great vinegar works, so I'll see if I can find it.

I had a lot of red marks and started using this and about a week into it I noticed that my skin was a lot smoother, less blotchy, and it even helped with my breakouts. It's cheap too!

http://acne.org/messageboard/viewtopic.php?t=5650

Posted by Beeman

Vinegar - Personal Care

Always use apple cider vinegar for personal care. White vinegar is best for cleaning.

Used as a hair rinse, vinegar neutralizes the alkali left by shampoos.

A reader says 'it will give your hair an all out shine!'

Corn and callus remover - soak a piece of stale bread (a cloth would probably do as well) in vinegar, and tape it over the callus or corn overnight.

Age spot fader - Mix equal parts of onion juice and vinegar and use it daily on age spots. This will take a few weeks to work, just like its expensive relative from the store.

Spray your hands with a mist of vinegar, or dip them in vinegar and dry after washing dishes or having them in soapy water to keep your hands soft.

Splash vinegar on your varicose veins. The vinegar is supposed to reduce the veins and relieve the pain and swelling. Of course, you might smell like a tossed salad!

Use it diluted 50/50 as a skin cleanser as most soaps are alkaline as compared to skin ph.

One teaspoon to one tablespoon of vinegar gets rid of hiccups.

It's an ongoing battle as to whether vinegar can help you lose weight, but the ones who say it will, say to drink a glass of water before each meal in which you've added a tablespoon of vinegar and a tablespoon of honey.

Rinse water for face - pour 1/8 cup in rinse water, rinse face and let it air dry (it seals the moisture in the skin) (great for all over especially when weather is dry)

Vinegar restores the natural acid base of your skin, so it's good for skin problems, too. --Pat

Try white vinegar on underarms and other areas of the body as a natural deodorant. Will not stop perspiration (which is not healthy anyway) but will neutralize odor.

Add a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar to a quart of drinking water. Helps to deal with heat stress. Also helps to repel mosquitos.

It is also helpful when children get lice, if you take warm vinegar and put it on the hair also take your nit comb and dip it in the vinegar. As you run it through the hair it helps remove the nits. It is supposed to be able to help break down the glue the nits use to stay attached to the hair.

My dad is 77 years old and his skin on his face is just so smooth and soft looking. His secret is he uses vinegar for aftershave. Also if he gets any rashes or pimples he uses vinegar for that as well. He drinks apple cider vinegar, honey and hot water every morning. The vinegar odor goes away very quickly when he uses it for aftershave. He started this when he always broke out in a rash after using the regular aftershaves.

1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar in a small tub of water. Soak your head/hair. It gets rid of dandruff completely, as well as all the garbage that accumulates on your hair from shampoos and conditioners. It's absolutely amazing but my husband does complain about the smell...

For cleaning dentures - leave your dentures in vinegar for as long as you would leave them in a denture cleanser - about 15 minutes to half an hour, or longer, if you wish. Then brush them thoroughly. Your dentures will be cleaner and whiter than a proprietary dental cleaner can do it !

Makes a great eyeglass cleaner. Mix white vinegar 1/2 and 1/2 with water. I keep a tiny spray bottle in my purse.

Instead of buying expensive facial products, I mix up my own "toner" using 1/2 water, 1/2 vinegar and a few aspirins. The acids in the vinegar force your old skin cells to flake off, much like the store-bought "alpha hydroxy" products. The aspirin is my own anti-acne solution. A lot of acne products use salicylic acid, which is basically aspirin with a few small chemical differences. The aspirin won't dissolve completely, but it doesn't seem to matter. This works especially well against those big, deep acne spots which older people often get. I've been using this twice a day on my face for five years now and people are always amazed when I tell them my real age (44). One caution, though: Be sure to also use a face lotion with at least SPF 15 everyday--even in winter (Oil of Olay knock-offs are fairly cheap)--because the vinegar mixture will make your skin thinner (just like the expensive store-bought ones will) and more susceptible to sun damage. The SPF prevents age spots from forming, and that's worth the money in my book.

I color my own hair and when I go to rinse, I first rinse with warm water then I dilute white vinegar with water for the final rinse. Use water as cold as you can stand. This really seals your color so it doesn't fade out as quickly.

Nail polish will go on smoother, and stay longer if you clean your finger nails with white vinegar before applying nail polish.

If you have hard water put vinegar in your bath water and also rinse your hair with it. It gets out all residue from shampoo and conditioner.

I work in fragrances and it is generally recommended that vinegar is what to use when you want to remove the odor of a perfume you don't like. Just apply it to the skin that has been sprayed with the undesired perfume.

wow...that replenix stuff sounds good. I really need something to make make face not so red...and get rid of the redmarks...I am seeing improvements in my acne from accutane...but my face looks just as bad because of the redness!

To make matters worse the only part of my face that isnt red is around my eyes....I look like a racoon with a horrible complexion!

Does the replenix serum have anything that could make me break out when I put it on, and are you sure its safe to take while on Accutane?

well it seems like it is really helpin her out.. on the site it says its non comedegenic.. so i doubt it.. i am really really interested in this product.. ima beg ma mom to buy it.. i hope it works.. accutane is really clearin me up.. now i jus have a few lil pimples and alot of red marks..

Ive been thinking about that but im worried it will cause me to breakout. The stuff inside those capsules is really thick and sticky. Will it block pores?