Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nob

Cetaphil as moisturizer

Is it ok to use Cetaphil as a moisturizer? I just stick some on my face and wipe any leftovers off, but I'm not quite sure how effective it is. I put it on after I put on a tad of benzoyl peroxide, will that do? My skin is still pretty red and irritated, but that might be the peroxide, not Cetaphil.

I've never been a big fan of Cetaphil, but it doesn't sound good. If you JUST started using it, you may want to give it a few weeks to see if it's just a question of "calming" down your face.

oh actually no, it didn't make my face red, that was the peroxide. I meant I don't know if it's a very effective moisturizer because my face is still red from the peroxide... But I don't know, seems ok to me! Anyone else use it as a moisturizer?

Hey- i use cetaphil and i think it's great. I used to have nearly perfect skin but then the uh... <ahem> bad people at Clinique (i'm refraining from calling them anything worse...because i sure would love to) convinced us to try their "3 Step System" and my face broke out in a severe case of acne. Actually, mostly just my forhead, but it was covered, it was horrible and i hate Clinique. After about 8 wks of trying to believe that now that all my zits had been pushed out, the clinique stuff would clear them, i gave up and one night i used cetaphil and neutrogena on the spot treatment. 2 weeks after continuing on that routine, my acne is almost completely gone [-o< (thanks to the regimen) and all that is left is one small zit and some red marks that are fading- easy to cover with makeup. My point is- cetaphil is not only great as a cleanser, but when my face gets dry from the bp, i put a LIGHT layer of cetaphil on my face and it totally helps! Plus, it's nice knowing it wont clog my pores. basically, Cetaphil and Neutrogena on the spot are the ONLY things that i am using on my face- to clean, prevent and treat, and to moisturize. (every once and a while i'll use another moisturizer on top of the cetaphil- but cetaphil is my main one). Hope this helps. You should at least give it a try- it cant hurt!