Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ok, i just have a quick question about accutane. For about the last 4 yrs i have been trying to clear up my acne and nothing seems to be working to the point of clearing up my face completely. I have used OTC stuff and prescribed stuff. Now, my acne isnt that bad, it would probably be seen as very mild acne, but I want it to go away. Would accutane be beneficial to go on for this acne?

Hi! I haven't tried it first hand,but I just wanted to tell you that the results are different for each person, and i would seriously think about it before going on accutane. Some people say that it has greatly improved their skin, while others warn of the side efects. I think that it has been great for some people, but I have heard of people committing suicide due to the depression caused by this drug (even though they were happy before). Just to warn you. Be careful!

Oh by the way, it also depends on the doctor, cuz the person that died because of it that I know of was prescribed too much by the doctor(thinking it would be quicker) and so it had something to do with it. But I don't know about the other cases I heard of.

Try the regimen first. I used it for about a week before I started accutane, and it really cleared me up. My acne was pretty bad, so I opted to go on accutane anyway because of the severity of my acne. If it were moderate, I would've just continued with the regimen.

Good luck!