Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
searchingforthesolution

To help unclog pores naturally

I can speak for myself in saying my pores always seem to be clogged, and when I try to manually unclog them, I am left with a blotchy, irritated face.

I saw something that I thought might be worth a try for the many of us fighting this problem.

I think it may be especially recommended for those with skin that has a tendency to be oily, dull and is sensitive to the sun.

I have read many times about lemon in water and how many claimed it has helped clarify their complexions, and I was trying to remember something I had read regarding lime and honey and the benefits in relation to skin.

Fortunately, I found it again, and wanted to share it, in case anyone would like to try this method (I will be beginning it as of next week).

Every day, drink a few cups of water to which 1/4 teaspoon lime juice and one teaspoon of honey have been added, to further unclog the pores.

If anyone has already heard of this, has tried it or will try it, please provide any feedback you might have.

Good luck everyone!

Please come back and let us know how it goes! Is this the only thing you are changing, so it can be a real test for you? I drink a fresh squeezed lime in water every day just because I like it and lime (as well as lemon) has other health benefits. I've been doing this for over a year, but started it with other diet & regimen changes that have virtually cleared my skin. But since I did it all at once, wasn't sure how much credit to give the lime. Please let us know how it works for you!

djay - thank you for your interest and the good point brought up... eusa_angel.gif

Whenever I myself have used or tried many new things at once in the past, I wondered how I would be able to identify the one particular thing that contributed to either my success or failure. However, though I feel one thing can make a great difference, I believe it is a combination of things (making changes in all areas that could be helpful) that ultimately benefits us the most.

It's like, for example, wanting to lose weight and being strong in either the area of eating healthily or exercising, but lacking in the other. The best and most healthy result will come from combining the two.

This is why I am looking at different things in hopes of beginning a simple, natural regimen soon that will incorporate external, internal and lifestyle modifications working as a synergy. To date, I have never truly attempted this, and have often focused more on one thing than another, maybe because it was difficult for me or it would take more discipline than I had to do them all.

I do want to start something soon, but for your benefit/knowledge and that of others, I could make this the only significant modification for the next 2-3 weeks.

The only thing that I am hesitant about is just relying or focusing on one thing out of fear that people will only do this one thing if it does help. I just want you all to know it's not what I'm trying to promote. I think it's really important to take care of our faces and bodies in a healthy way, too. I also don't believe it is meant to be done alone, but I will do it if it can be helpful to everyone, as I'm not quite ready to begin my regimen just yet.

What do you think?

I will begin incorporating this soon, and will let you know how it goes. eusa_angel.gif

I have an appointment for a facial tomorrow - it's been so long since I've been for one. My skin feels yucky right now because last night, I was so tired and fell asleep without washing, and my pores are so clogged, and my redness seems more pronounced. I also have some small cysts. I hope the products they use will be helpful.

I would MUCH like to hear the results of this! A good deal of my facial problems are not active pimples, but bumpy clogged pores.

I only drink lemon and honey when im sick. Lol..my dad always makes it for me with warm water..instead of using sugar he puts honey. Iuno..i was just sick last week with a severe sore throat and he fed it to me 3 cups a day..I think it helped my throat not my pores. Lol /=

I'd like to see how this lemon/honey drink turns out, too. Keep us posted! I think I'd give it a shot as well since it doesn't seem too difficult. I just need to find honey somewhere, though... I wonder if my local Wal-Mart has honey. eusa_think.gif

I'm not sure some of you read my first post correctly. lol But it's okay, let me clear a few things up.

Tiramisu and Ironmouse, just to clarify, it is lime and not lemon.

Ironmouse - you are right that it's not something so complicated, and is not unhealthy, so I think it's worth a shot.

Username, below is what is recommended, so it is not something to put on your face but rather, to take internally in water.

Every day, drink a few cups of water to which 1/4 teaspoon lime juice and one teaspoon of honey have been added, to further unclog the pores.

Hope that helps! eusa_angel.gif

I will definitely keep you guys updated!

Oh, I must have misread the lime thing and mistaken it for lemon. Whoops. XD Thanks for the correction. I always thought those two were the same things, though. Well, I guess that's a good thing that we're using lime, because for some reason we never have lemons. Just lime. Yeah... I'm just rambling now. Anyway, I'm off to go eat something healthy. Haha. Sure.

Well,

Here I go!

I wanted to buy the lime juice and honey organic and 100% pure, but didn't get to, so I will be using ReaLime Lime Juice from concentrate and Billy Bee Pure Natural Honey.

I think I will drink about 3 cups of water with these included, and see how that goes.

Take care everyone!

i believe it. i used to eat a lot of honey with crackers or fruit as a snack and now that i think of it my skin was alot less clogged then. i've also tried using honey as a mask and it makes my skin feel alot healthier. don't clogged pores just suck?!!! some people have alot worse acne than mine but with no clogged pores and their skin looks alot healthier than mine. best of wishes everyone and if you find something that works for these clogged pores besides squeezing them and making your face look like crap for a while, PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!!!