Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

In order to get good results with my acne, how do I brew a good cup of green iced tea? I am thinking about brewing some in the morning, putting it in a water bottle, and then taking it to school with me to drink. Thnx.

hmelton,

I just started drinking green tea this past week. I boil 3 tea bags for 1 1/2 minutes, then let cool. Then I pour it in a 700 mL bottle and put it in the fridge for the next day. Voila! - iced tea.

-Stacy

Generally you should heat the water to about 180-200 degrees fahrenheit. Then steep for around 20 minutes. Do not use boiling water. You can boil the water but then let it cool to the recommended temperature before steeping.

Generally you should heat the water to about 180-200 degrees fahrenheit. Then steep for around 20 minutes. Do not use boiling water. You can boil the water but then let it cool to the recommended temperature before steeping.

If you're using green tea teabags, you do NOT want to steep for any more than 4 minutes. You WILL get more antioxidants if you steep longer, but the taste will be sh!t. For a perfect balance between taste and benefits, go for 3 and a half minutes.

I don't know about loose-leaf teas, so the 20 minutes may be right for that.

I buy the "Chai Green Tea" from Stash Tea. It takes the bitter taste out of the green tea and gives it a really yummy flavor. You could also try adding some blended up raspberries to your tea for a sweeter "Raspberry Iced Tea" flavor.

Or, you could take the easy way out and pop some Green Tea Extract Capsules every day. smile.gif.