Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
angel

What makes scars raise?

I have about 15 raised scars on shoulders and I DONT WANT ANYMORE! my acne is inactive but sometimes i feel like scars are raising for no reason even after all this time. i am never gonna get this under control! can these keloids or hypertrophic scars come outta no where! ahhhhhh!

Hey Angel,

I have the same form of scarring as you.

I have a few more than fifteen.

Mine are a lot older than yours and I have been using copper-peptides with exfoliation cream and also weekly glcolic peels.

I am having good results but you should know it is a very slow process.

I would recommend this course of treatment.

I have tried all the other stuff (except for silicone sheets) and nothing else has given results as good as this.

Hopefully I will be able to eradicate these scars over time.

If you are a younger person and your scars are fairly new then you should have even more success than me.

Wish you luck.

U

Hi all. I'm only 17 and I've had acne scars on my shoulders for about 2 years now. I have more than 15 scars as well, I don't even want to try to count how many acne scars I have on my shoulders and back, I would probably lose count, it's that bad. Probably in the 100's. These acne scars kill my self-esteem. I just started trying the vinegar treatment yesterday, and hopefully I'll see results with that. I'm on accutane, and I have brown skin, so I don't think it's a good idea for me to actually get any clinical treatments until after I finish my accutane course. Any advice on what I should do after I finish my accutane course, or what would be ok to do during the course? I know that I am not supposed to have any microdermabrasions or anything or the sort.

Thank you all,

Kevin