Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
angel

very important question!

im bidding right now for a peel on ebay. glycolic (spelling?) peel 30%. i have suffered form back acne for years and acne is now clear, but ihave pretty bad scarring. you guys think its ok to use this peeel on my back? i guess its less ricky than on the face (thicker skin, etc.) but since it is less common i am a little scared to do it. should i even try to get a stronger % because the skin is tougher. are they easy to use and apply? does anyone know anything about this??? please, please, pleeeeeeeease...

I wouldn't leave it on but a minute and see what happens, then add more minutes every two weeks. if you see no results i would move up to 50%, just my opinion.

angel, I don't think you should buy peels from Ebay...that doesn't seem very safe. Try homepeels.com instead, it's better to be safe than sorry!

I'm no expert but if you've never used peels before I think it's best to start with 30% and see how your skin reacts. Good luck!

Angel,

Be very careful. The back and chest scar actually scar very easily. Most doctors don't do peels on the body. The exception is low strength TCA peels. Call plastic surgeon and dermatologists offices and I would be amazed if you found one who would do a glycolic on this area. If you are intent on doing it yourself at least stick to what a doctor would be willing to do.

All my best!

Anna

Hi Angel,

Do you know the ph level in the glycolic acid? I know it is 30% strength, but the lower the ph levels, the stronger the effects will be. I am using the 30% glycolic acid at a .06 ph level (very strong).

I haven't moved up to the 50% yet, because I'm still seeing side effects with the 30%.

If you do apply it to your back, do a spot test first, just to see how your skin reacts. And I would only leave it on for a minute at the most. Good luck! :)

hmmm...

you guys are definately making me thin twice. which is good! you realy think it could lead to MORE scarring, cause if that happened and it was MY fault, i would seriously have a nervous breakdown. i thought it would be safer on the back due to tougher skin, but if you gusy think its opposite.....

should i do it???

Angel,

I'd call a few plastic surgeons or dermatologists offices and ask if they do peels on the back. I'd be surprised if they do, but if they do ask what type of peel. Then have one done professionally (consider it a lesson) and do any future treatments yourself based on how the professionals did it. But, my advise is do not do a peel on yourself, especially if you are already forming raised scars.

All my best!

Anna