Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
angel

EVERYONE PLEASE! WAS IT A FAILED MISSION!!??

Hey everyone. I recently received cortisone injections in about 25 scars. This was on Monday, and I'm not talking about yesterday. This was Monday May 19th. I kinda feel like there has been little to no improvement. I do get more on June 16th, but is there sometimes no improvement with injections? would it take them a little longer than a week and a day to go down after receiving them.

My patience is seriously running low. Very depressed, very obsessive, acne has ruined my thoughts.

Hi Angel: I haven't heard of cortisone injections for scarring, but I have heard about cortisone injections for acne (cysts). I have no idea if you will see improvement from that or not. I assume your Dermatologist told you that it would improve the appearance of your scars?

yea....

they pretty much will inject anything raised with cortisone. keloids, hypertrophics, cysts, ec.

thats all i realy know. my derm is kinda odd, but i like him. hes sorta hard to understand sometimes....

all he said was i might need multiple treatments...so i have to keep that in mind. i guess i was just hoping....

angel: u have 25 RAISED acne scars? That seems rare to me... have u tried mederma - this would be a MUCH less harsh treatment for you and it is apparently very very good at dealing with raised scars and their discoloration.

On a side note - my ONLY 2 larger indented acne scars are from cycts that my stupid @ss derm injected with cortizone... so be wary and I would talk to another derm b4 you get any further treatments - Because honestly, i do not think I couyld deal with 25 large indented scars on my face ... as the 2 I have plus the orange peel texture PISS ME OFF

](*,)

I too have a scar from being injected with cortisone. NEVER AGAIN! fortunately it is just under my jaw lie so it's not very visible but if it were anywhere else I think I would have sued the a$$hole! be careful!

actually the sars are on my back. plus the cortisone is free becsue my insurance pays for my derm and he can do them. he doesnt do any other type of scar revision. Maybe i have about 15 actually. and they are like on my shoulders. any comments??? HELP!!!

Angel,

Did your derm tell you to massage the scars after you received the injections? Mine did and it really helped reduce the raised quality of the scar. Your doctor is right though, it might take a few treatments.

All my best!

Anna

angel these raised scars are on your shoulders???

ALL THE MORE - Stop with the injections cause cortizone can give u yeast infections, cause resistant strains of p.acnes etc etc....

STOP THE INJECTIONS and go get MEDERMA - especially since the scars are on your shoulders...

check out www.mederma.com

Take care yo and good luck!!! :)

does anyone think cortisone is a good idea. i mean they HAVE gone down a little. and the derm says it takes awhile because he doesnt want to inject them soooo much that they indent. my whole back had been affected by acne for many years, so it really is a mess and with summer coming i really cant take it anymore. i seriously think one good sunburn might clear the whole thing if these raised scars would go down.