Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

http://www.suntimes.com/output/news/cst-nws-minn06.html

July 6, 2005

ST. CLOUD, Minn. -- A teen charged with killing two high school students was angry about being teased about his acne and told investigators he had targeted one victim ''to hurt him like he hurt me,'' a prosecutor argued Tuesday.

In opening statements at the teen's murder trial, Assistant Attorney General William Klumpp Jr. said John J. McLaughlin, then 15, took one of his father's guns to school on Sept. 24, 2003, intending to kill his alleged tormenter.

McLaughlin shot Seth Bartell ''execution style,'' Klumpp said.

Acne didn't do it, and neither did teasing.

Murder takes much more than some hard-core teasing to set one off. Something must be unstable underneath in order for this to happen.

Hope the fucker gets what's coming to him. All this kind of shit - kids killing each other then people wonder why bombs go off in London. It's the same kind of murder, it's the same kind of insanity. Goddamn it.

Acne didn't do it, and neither did teasing.

Murder takes much more than some hard-core teasing to set one off. Something must be unstable underneath in order for this to happen.

Hope the fucker gets what's coming to him. All this kind of shit - kids killing each other then people wonder why bombs go off in London.  It's the same kind of murder, it's the same kind of insanity. Goddamn it.

You DO have to be careful. You do and it's for the wrong goddamn reasons.

I'm not angry at you, please don't mistake my cursing. I just get so frustrated. I've never killed anyone and I've been through a fuckton more than getting teased. And I know how teasing can affect you - it can really fuck you up. I KNOW that. Been there, done that, got that and a whole bunch of other t-shirts. BUT -

It's the small shit that affects us globally. Why do those crazy motherfuckers think it's okay to blow up buildings? Well, why the fuck does some kid in Minnesota feel like it's okay to blow people away?

It's the same goddamn thing, it's no different and it's so fucked up that people have to die over this kind of crap. Right, wrong, innocent, guilty, who gives a fuck anymore?

As long as people aren't killing each other!

Guess that's not going to happen anytime, though.

*edited, cuz I'm an editing whore*

You DO have to be careful. You do and it's for the wrong goddamn reasons.

I'm not angry at you, please don't mistake my cursing. I just get so frustrated.  I've never killed anyone and I've been through a fuckton more than getting teased.  And I know how teasing can affect you - it can really fuck you up. I KNOW that. Been there, done that, got that and a whole bunch of other t-shirts. BUT -

It's the small shit that affects us globally. Why do those crazy motherfuckers think it's okay to blow up buildings? Well, why the fuck does some kid in Minnesota feel like it's okay to blow people away?

It's the same goddamn thing, it's no different and it's so fucked up that people have to die over this kind of crap. Right, wrong, innocent, guilty, who gives a fuck anymore?

As long as people aren't killing each other!

Guess that's not going to happen anytime, though.

*edited, cuz I'm an editing whore*

I know. And it makes me think what is happening here at home (well, "home" for us Americans on the board!) What is happening that makes these kids think this kind of behavior is a viable action?

Is it because parenting has failed? Schools? "The system"? Have we all somehow been remiss in our duties in teaching our children how to handle stress and trauma - both normal and extreme?

How much is too much?

What do you do when you reach it?

What do you do when someone doesn't give you the option to answer that?

I admit to doing things that were wrong in my own dark years. Very wrong. But no one died and that means that there is a CHANCE of redemption, a chance of change, a chance for the wounds to heal. When you kill someone, that is taken away - and not just for the bully/victim, but for all families and friends involved.

Sometimes I see these stories and wonder when we all lost our minds...or if maybe this is the way it has always been and I really have nothing to worry about. But it still hurts and it's still hard.

What was done was wrong, all sides. The difference is no one will be there to pick up the pieces because someone is dead.

Guest TylerD

Ya i believe it didnt have anything to do with acne. If you kill a person you obviously have serious issues. Maybe a disturbed childhood or something like that. Maybe his acne is just what triggered him to go off. Im sure alot of stuff built up in his life and he couldnt take it anymore. And then when that person teased him about his acne that is what set him off.

Ya i believe it didnt have anything to do with acne. If you kill a person you obviously have serious issues. Maybe a disturbed childhood or something like that. Maybe his acne is just what triggered him to go off. Im sure alot of stuff built up in his life and he couldnt take it anymore. And then when that person teased him about his acne that is what set him off.

what about killing yourself because of your acne and all the contributing demoralizing social and emotional affect it can have on a person?

I would say suicide is preferable to murder, simply because the body count is lower.

Then again, that's a damn cold way to look at it.

I would say.........that all things that can hurt............can be made better.........with time.

I would say that to kill someone else because you cannot stand being in your skin is suspect and sad. I would say to kill yourself because you cannot stand being in your own skin is suspect and sad.

On the other hand, the anger I felt for my friend Mikki who killed herself has subsided, and I no longer feel what she did was suspect. Sad, yes, though.

I would say, when I am being hard and dealing with my own issues (rape/beatings/childhood abandonment/homeless shelters/foster homes/psychiatric wards/drug addictions/parents trying to kill themselves, etc) to feel some fucking gratitude and learn to be strong.

And on my not so hard days, I would cry and give a hug.

well I know this much I wouldn't harm someone because of the state i'm in..........But harming myself .......that's a whole different story..........despite how sad it is ........it seems like that's an only outlet or alternative at times

If you don't mind saying.........Can you tell me how Mikki got to his/her point?

it may help me

Mikki was 32 and a drug addict whom I met in Narcotics Anoymous. We kind of buddied up, me as a kind of mentor. It felt really wierd, because I was only 21 at the time - but I had more clean time than she did.

What I remember the most right before was that her children had gotten taken away and given to her father. She then came to me and told me that she was scared for them.

She never told anyone, but her father had raped her for 15 years growing up. And now her kids were with him. We went and got the courts, and I went to therapy with her.

And then she told me she loved me and wanted a relationship. I wasn't single at the time and it would have been wrong of me to take advantage of her like that. I became uncomfertable, said no. I stopped calling.

And she stopped reaching out. I think what happened is that she felt alone and didn't know what to do.

I was wrong, I should have called. And I didn't. Well, the news came a few weeks later.

I was wrong, and the worst of it is I'll never really know if I could have changed what she did. But it is what it is - and two years later, I'm alright with not knowing.

About self-harm. I've got scars that are ten years old and still there. No new ones.

I remember arguing with people that cutting wasn't wrong, it was just meat. Over and over I'd say "But it's just MEAT! It's just skin. It's no different than paper, it's just skin."

I only stopped when *I believed* that it was not just meat, it was me. When the "me" and "meat" that were connected finally MEANT something to me.

Then and only then did I find the strength to stop.

that's sad =( My sister was the same horrible way she tried killing herself with sleeping pills.........Im not the same way of cutting myself........I've just thought of closing the garage door with the engine running, od on sleeping pills or just buying a guy and shooting myself.........My sister is doing ok.........she has two kids

I do love them though

Thanks for the story though sorry for your loss hope i don't end the same way