Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

is it being "natural" supposed to make it ok ?

First of all I never said nor implied being natrual makes it "o.k"

secondly if you have acne you can be "o.k" with it if you want to,

acne affects people differently. In reality if this hadn't become a superficial society [like it is] our acne wouldn't bother us.

Acne's being around for ages.

It wasn't evan an issue 100 yers ago.

A sculputre of Polyneceira in 4th century AD shows "the most beautiful woman of Sparta" and she was covered in acne [the statue was meant to be an exact interpretation of what she looked like so people could gaze at her beauty after she died].

So either try to change society from the "physical curse" or do some research/ see derm.

Blaming people isn't going to make your acne go away. Do something constructive and positive about it.

Guest Marino

Are you implying that Humans didn't have acne thousands of years ago.

"Yea, good one" rolleyes.gif

We are the same humans today as we were in ancient times.

What do you think our ancestors were? Somekind of super non-acne race or something? gimme a break rolleyes.gif

I mean find me a time-machine so that we could all go back to the "non-superficial" days.

Which won't happen. Sometimes you just have to face reality. And the reality is, it DOES matter. In reality, there is nothing positive about this. You can try to fight it, but in reality some people are just f*cked. like me.

Guest Marino

and if your implying that acne was around thousands of years ago but "wasn't" an issue the time think again.

Do you understand the conept of natrual selection?

If acne was a turn off thousands of years ago there would be no acne today

because people with acne would never of being given the chance to mate because the chances of finding a partner would be impossible given your hypothetical analysis of anicent social pychology.

Also the Chines and Roman documented EVERYTHING. And there scripts are still abundant today. They mentioned acne existed and various holisitic approaches however it gained almost no attention and in no way was listed in the non-social norms of their civilizations.

Acne was considered apart of growing up and was a signal of "maturity". It was never frowned apon and evan famous ancient people such as Alexander the Great had it. Find me evidence that acne was as much as a social "disadvantage" back then as it is now.

Guest Marino
I mean find me a time-machine so that we could all go back to the "non-superficial" days.

Which won't happen. Sometimes you just have to face reality. And the reality is, it DOES matter. In reality, there is nothing positive about this.  You can try to fight it, but in reality some people are just f*cked. like me.

Why is he not to be blamed? Isn't he "all-powerful and all-knowing?"

Why is it that he can be used as an excuse for people to say, "Well, God has his reasons" or "God wanted him to be in heaven" when a small child dies of cancer?

Yet, God's work can't be attributed to something as trivial as acne? There's too much picking and choosing in Christianity.

Damnit, I'll blame whoever the hell I want to blame.

another thread bout god? Get a life people..tats what god already given u, a life. Now live it. STFU about all these god stuff already.

Guest Marino
Why is he not to be blamed?  Isn't he "all-powerful and all-knowing?"

Why is it that he can be used as an excuse for people to say, "Well, God has his reasons" or "God wanted him to be in heaven" when a small child dies of cancer?

Yet, God's work can't be attributed to something as trivial as acne?  There's too much picking and choosing in Christianity.

or we can talk about it instead of just stfu about it because thats obviously the solution to every difficult subject you dumbass. if its important to me and other people then whats the problem with talking about this? It pertains to acne, it pertains to the psychological effect it has on the person, but I should just shut the fuck up because I have a life? Maybe you should shut the fuck up and if you got nothing positive to contribute you can continue shutting the fuck up and enjoying your amazing LIFE that god gave you.

Why is he not to be blamed?  Isn't he "all-powerful and all-knowing?"

Yet, God's work can't be attributed to something as trivial as acne?  There's too much picking and choosing in Christianity.

How about you answer the questions I gave you above,

that will solve your problem

post them them too

Or better yet take tiramisu's advice and get over it.

Guest Marino

my post is gonna take a while so gimme 5 minutes or so [need to find some quotes in previous threads]

Guest Marino

Answering those questions doesn't even really pertain to what I said. My response was moreso about if God really does control things like acne and so forth, not on how far blaming God will get me.

As a chrisitan I believe we were created in a world which has its own rules, that of nature. We are subjected to these rules. God put us on this world as a test.

I believe God is willing to help us through the teachings of the bible. The only time God can directly intereven and break the laws he created is when you pray in 100 percent non doubtful faith and trust, because that is almost impossible for an average person to do, it rarely happens. People that do have the power to make this divine intervention happen on more than 1 occasion are called saints [and theres not to many of them both past and present].

This helps explain why suffering goes on and bad things happen to good people. The world we live in is based on the harsh realities of life; disease, famine, death and hardship are things we must endure. God can only help us once we break the barier of doubt, untill we can learn to break that barier the teachings of the Bible are our next best device in dealing with our problems [which are only a fraction of the help compared to divine intervention].

I never said I blamed God either, champ. I just posed a question to people I thought would be up for discussion.

Sorry mate for you jumping you like you wear blaming God.

And yea i'm up for a healthy discussion.

And why do you care that we're talking about God. It's pushing more brain cells then googling a bunch of random shit about the Romans and what they thought of acne.

I don't mind people talking about God however this is a suport forum and whenever God is mentioned around Acne.org there is always someone there to say really bad things. As a chirsitan i don't mind if you say you dont believe in god or you dont like God but to literally swear and carry which only offends people is not on [not that it's you].

Guest Marino
or we can talk about it instead of just stfu about it because thats obviously the solution to every difficult subject you dumbass.  if its important to me and other people then whats the problem with talking about this?  It pertains to acne,  it pertains to the psychological effect it has on the person, but I should just shut the fuck up because I have a life?  Maybe you should shut the fuck up and if you got nothing positive to contribute you can continue shutting the fuck up and enjoying your amazing LIFE that god gave you.