Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
viv

Here I go again: my new log!

Ok, guys. I have been here before. I stopped using all topicals except for St. Ives Medicated Scrub for the past month and a half. I use to use it and it kept my skin clear. Ne way, although my face is better than it was at the beginning of summer, it is FAR from clear-several whiteheads, pustules, and RED MARKS! Damn, I thought I's be clear by now!

Ne way, so I went to the derm today. I did some research prioir and I had really wanted to be put on Klaron since I've read such good reviews from it. Ne way, he put me on:

-Doxycycline-75 mg, 2 X's daily (I will probably be bumped up to 100 mg next month)

-Wash with Mexar, a sodium sulfacetamide (10%) wash. I wash 2 X's daily

-Klaron, a sodium sulfacetamide lotion, applied every morning

-Tazorac, 0.05% cream, applied every PM

Damn, thats a lot of products, eh? Haha. I am REALLY nervous ab being on all of this, especially Tazorac bc of the reviews I've read, but who knows? Maybe it'll work fabalous on me-right. Well, everyone is their own guinea pig. I have another derm appointment in about a month, so maybe things will be better by them. I sure do hope so! I start school in ab a month as well, so God! be with me!

Well, ya'll, keep me in ya'lls prayers! I will keep updating my progress for anyone else out there using any of these products. Any tips, advice, comments would be GREAT! Thanx in advance!

Good luck and don't worry about Tazorac. I'm on the .1% version and I suffered very little burning, redness, and peeling. It worked extremely well too.

Good luck and don't worry about Tazorac.  I'm on the .1% version and I suffered very little burning, redness, and peeling.  It worked extremely well too.

Day 2

I woke up this morning with tiny red bumps all over the places that I applied the tazorac last night. Somehow, I expected this. My eyes stung when I woke up but it wasnt too bad. Only for a minute. And my skin was itchy but it also wasnt too bad. The only thing ab my skin is that its red in splotches-like the places I applied tazorac. Again, nothing too horrible, but still...Man, oh, man do I HATE beginning a new regimen, but if this one works, excuse me, when it works, this will be the FIRST regimen to work for me since my acne got bad. Ne way, doesnt this tazorac thing help with red marks too-hmm..hope so.

Whike showering this morning, I washed with Mexar and applied Klaron, which is so lightweight and non-irritating, I LOVE IT!

Ok, thats all too report for now! God Bless all of ya'll who are starting a new regimen or desperately waiting for one to work!

To be honest I didn't have an initial breakout, probably due to the fact that I was also using topical and oral antibiotics.

I think the tazoracs full results were visible after 2 months or so, though my skin continues to improve (I'm on my fourth month).

The only thing I would really say to expect is slight peeling, but NOTHING severe.

Also, use sunscreen!!! You can get wicked sunburns while on tazorac.

Guest TylerD

Well hole crap Blitzjade's back lol. I didnt even know you come to this site anymore.

Blitzjade-thanks for the advice! You give me hope!

Day 3

Ok, my skin is very bumpy-especially all over my forehead and nose. Its like little red, rough bumps all over the place. It looks totally gross. I dont have to be anywhere this weekend so I am just going to go sans makeup bc if I applied makeup right now, god, I know it'd look like shit! These bumps suck ass. However, my face has not started to peel yet. Why not? I want it to start peeling cuz then I'll feel like its working. ah....it itches a little when I wake up but nothing too bad neither. So, basically, other than the red bumps all over my damn face, I cant tell its working! ah....Ne one with ANY advice or words of encouragement, I need some right about now.

God, my skin is getting really oily, like I can see the oils oozing out of my pores, especially in my t-zone area, which is really disgusting. My face is getting real itchy and there are bumps everywhere-all over my forehead, nose (which kinda hurts), and cheeks. God, I hope this means its working!

God, my skin is getting really oily, like I can see the oils oozing out of my pores, especially in my t-zone area, which is really disgusting. My face is getting real itchy and there are bumps everywhere-all over my forehead, nose (which kinda hurts), and cheeks. God, I hope this means its working!

Hey Viv!! smile.gif How's it going??

Glad to see that your are keeping a log of your regimen.

I guess something that might make you feel better is that your skin has to get worse before it gets better(I know u don't want to hear this lol). But just keep telling yourself that all the little bumps coming to a head now will be gone in 8-12 weeks and ur acne will be virtually non existant. eusa_pray.gif Your skin has to get all that junk out of it that was just sitting there waiting to erupt at any given moment. Since your acne is mild anyway, all the stuff you are taking should clear you up nicely. Try to think positive and long term!! You WILL be better off a couple months from now!! eusa_dance.gif

Erpatter:yea, man, I'm back. I never really left, but just didnt come on as much but yup, I'm back. haha. thanks fo the "good luck." hope you're doing good too!

tscorpio24: thanks for the words of advice, girl, but my acne is not mild! haha. probably moderate right now...or worse. ugh. thanks for the encouragement though, girl. sure do need it.

Day 4

Ok, so I thought I'd give my skina break and not apply anything on it today but I will get back on it tommorow-after I call my derm. Just to be the annoying client. haha. no. I just need to ask him, or his nurse, some ?'s. I have a new cyst on my right lower cheek. Dont get cysts usually. Once in a blue moon, but it doesnt bother me so much. Its all the little red bumps and whiteheads that are killing me. They hurt and itch like shit! They're all over too so its really unattractive and hurts like shit. Ah well. so, as of today, my face looks like complete shit-but I havent lost all faith yet. haha

i want to use klaron but i can't go see a derm because i don't have insurance.. and it almost seems like a miracle lotion to me