Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
changbanger29

STOP THE REGIMEN?

I was using Dan's regimen and I had awesome results, my face was completely clear. Then of course sense I had clear skin I started to slack off of the regimen and guess what....... another pimple. It's pretty much sustained now but I do have some acne scars that I want to get rid of. Should I come off of the regimen and try to treat my 3-4 acne scars or should I keeping using the regimen?

well you know what happens when you stop the regimen....another pimple. you could run the risk of getting new pimples to make new scars. then you have even more to worry about. i'd say stick to one thing...then focus on the other.

I think there needs to be a sense of flexibility with treatment for the face. Some days you will be oilier, dryer, stressed, sun-exposed, etc. So it's best to begin to adopt a regimen suited to your clear skin. Don't come off bp entirely, but I've modified my regimen with great results.

Namaste'

The thing is that my skin is thin where my acne were. So I'm thinking they need to be healed with a moisturizer. Certain areas are redder than others (where the acne was) so I was thinking would BP benefit these areas? The acne is gone because of the BP but what good will it do now besides maintaining? I want my acne scars to go away. I'm leaning on using the SCARRING KIT at www.sonyadakar.com or use a professional peel at their clinic. I just want to have normal, clear skin like the rest of the world. Is that so much to ask? :)