Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I bought Neutrogena Oil-free Moisture with SPF 15...is that a good moisturizer? By the way, I'm on day 3 smile.gif

I bought Neutrogena Oil-free Moisture with SPF 15...is that a good moisturizer? By the way, I'm on day 3 smile.gif

I'm currently using Eucerin Daily Skin Renewal Lotion. Well, as long as the spf isn't acnegenic or comedogenic, then your pretty much safe. Almost all Spf's cause an oily feeling though.

It is good that you are using an SPF, especially if you are using BP in the morning. BP intensifies the effects of the sun. But it can be hard to find a good sunscreen for acne-prone skin such as ours. If you are using an SPF 25 or higher you should not have to apply very much - a TINY amount - spread gently over slightly damp skin. Take a look at the ingredients and avoid ingredients that are acnegenic.

This link has a chart, if you scroll down the page, that lists ingredients commonly found in cosmetics (you can use it somewhat to at least eliminate the most problematic sunscreens) for their comedogenicity (pore-clogging) and irritancy.

www.zerozits.com/Articles/article6.htm

Also, you could just try a small amount of sunscreen like I suggest, but evaluate how your skin looks after a couple of weeks. If you have had a flare-up or problem, switch to another brand.