Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LaRoche

Squeezed it - now worse. Help

OK, I know I should have just left it alone. I had this blackhead on my lower cheek, and I squeezed away at it last night. I am now left with a dark red area about the size of a dime. It is slightly swollen. I’ve done this act of impatience a few times before in my life, but there is usually less redness and the swelling is usually gone by the next morning. I know it was wrong of me to do this, but what should I do now? I’m kind of worried.

Sorry to hear about your luck. I wish I had an answer for you, however, only time will tell. Sometimes red marks fade and nothing is left behind. Other times there is a permenant scar. You could try some lactic acid as it is supposed to help lighten red marks. There are other remedies that several have suggested on this board from time to time. There are so many in fact that they are to numerous to list here. You can do a search on red marks and see what you come up with.

Most of the time in my own personal experience red marks fade in time. You will have to be patient and that is the hardest part. Whatever you do don't squeeze it again.

Hang in there,

Heather

Sorry to hear about your luck. I wish I had an answer for you, however, only time will tell. Sometimes red marks fade and nothing is left behind. Other times there is a permenant scar. You could try some lactic acid as it is supposed to help lighten red marks.  There are other remedies that several have suggested on this board from time to time. There are so many in fact that they are to numerous to list here. You can do a search on red marks and see what you come up with.

Most of the time in my own personal experience red marks fade in time. You will have to be patient and that is the hardest part.  Whatever you do don't squeeze it again.

Hang in there,

Heather

dont worry u wont get a scar

ihad done this manytimes

the problem is if the contents of the zit dont go out it get swollen

but if the content goes out it heals in a day

wat uhve to do is watch if u get any white heads.if u want to squeeze a pimple do it in medical way

get a lancet which is a pin like thing which diabetic patients use to take blood sample

u will get a 100 for 5$

get the super thin one

prick on the exact spot where u think the clog is

if uhve a white head prick right there

then squeeze it

wipe with alcohol bfore u do this

if u squeeze a pimple which doesnth hve a head then there is no way the content can come out

but if u prick it then it is easy

wat i do is if icant see the white head i just prick it and leave it for a day

within a day white head will form then ucan prick it again and squeeze it out

in ur case now wait a day or two and see if a white head comes up

if it does then u are cool

no matter u wont get a scar..usually scars form only with cystic acne..

umay get a discolouration but tht will go away in 2 weeks

dont put lactic acid or any AHA until u heal

Hey tom tom,

Right now after almost two days it is dark red and the skin is getting dry and rough, like a scab is forming. I thought I just applied pressure to the blackhead, but the surrounding skin must have been affected too. This morning when I woke up it didn't look quite as red. Hopefully the redness will keep going down. Thanks.

scab will form no matter what u do

it will fall off in 3-4 days

and u will see what is beneath it then

if u get a white head then u r lucky

it is easy to get rid of them..

is this cystic?

how long this been around

u shuld not apply pressure on the black head

u shuld apply around the blackhead so tht it comes out

if u apply pressure righton the black head it dont come out it just spread out

The blackhead was there for about 3 - 4 weeks before. I don't think it is cystic. I'll just wait and see what happens. Its on the lower part of my cheek where the skin is not as sensitive as the skin of my upper cheek. So hopefully all goes well. Thanks.

heres my technique. When i see a pimple... i get a qtip and put deep clensing astringent on it[i use clean and clear]. second, put it on the pimple and slightly prees on it w/ the qtip for about 5 to 10 min. dnt press hard or the fucking bacteria will get deeper in the skin. ino some pplzs will disagree w/ this technique but its highly effective for me. Get toothpaste and dab it on there. Make a thick layer. leave it on overnight or at least 20 min. wash it off w/ COLD water.

There your done

Now it has been 16 days. So it went from a scab, to light pink when the scab fell off, and now it is getting dark again. But it is a smaller area than before. This colouration I hope is not permanent, because it doesn't seem like a scab will form this time. What can help to get rid of the redness? colostrum?