Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
UTvol

Any Advice On Jawline Area?

Guys, Im completely clear, 100% except for my jawline, especially the right side, and under my ears. These are cystic I believe. You guys have any advice that could help, Thanks. =D>

This jawline acne is hard to treat, according to my physician. BP don't helped me, it just made it worst. The only thing that get rid of that was probably my Roacccutane (Accutane) treatment. It's probably the only acne it successfully cured, because my facial acne recured.

Are you male or female? Jawline acne is usually attributed to hormones, so if you are a lady, bcp's have helped me tremendously. I had a "beard" of pimples a few weeks ago. Also, bcs there's so much rubbing around the jaw, and the hairline connects at the ear point, you might want to try some facial wipes on your neck and jaw during the day to keep it clean.

Namaste'

Hi there. Don't know how old you are but: You could try the "unshaven look"? Although it's not a treatment, maybe it would be worth a go? It may well cover up your jawline acne, especially if you have dark hair.

-Karl-

A ha!!! Native Americans, Pacific Islanders are notoriously plagued by dietary acne. Look what our government cheese & twinkies did to Samoa!! those poor peeps have diabetes & acne where they had NONE a hundred years ago. In fact, I read somewhere that there are two cultures where acne doesn't exist & one was along the same genetic pathway of pan-asian, native american. Perhaps, all you need to do to lose those last few chin/jaw buggers is drop the soda & chips? A sugar spike can aggravate acne, and studies have shown Native Americans, along with being unable genetically to break down alcohol effectively, are also sensitive to dietary sugars. Just a wild notion.

Hey Utvol - if it makes you feel any better, I'm in exactly the same situation as you. I have cystic acne around my jawline and about a day ago I got this big fucker where the bottom of my ear meets the jawline :-({|=

I've got a question for you, Shatangi, seeing as you seem to know a bit about this. Does a spike in insulin cause acne in the same manner as other causes? I mean by excess sebum production. And if thats how acne occurs, why is it also blamed on bacteria? Oh, and if it is bacteria, do our bodies fight this bacteria or not? These questions have been bugging me and I'd welcome any replies. Perhaps I should make a seperate post about this

From what I've read, refined sugar actually feeds the bacteria. And the pus is the dead white blood cells, sebum , and skin your antibodies have thrown at the bacteria in the struggle. Like little pus-y soldiers!

Also a sugar spike acelerates the metabolism briefly which fast fwd's our basic cellular turnover, and in an acne sufferer this simply means more dead crap to plug up the pores with.

Check out dermadoctor.com in the articles. There's a pretty good Diet & acne article.