Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello guys!!!

I have been checking out the forum for a while. One day i found about Mederma and I want to give it a try. Im 30 and I have had mild to severe acne since i was 20 >sigh< but now it is fading and all i get is blackheads and clogged pores but I have scars, not too deep though.... Sometimes, I use proactiv for 1 or 2 weeks to get rid of them.

Anyways I have found about laser. microdermabrasion, but I dont think I'm quite ready for that so I have decided to go for this Mederma thing. I want to give it a try:

I have 5 days already using it and of course I have not get any results yet. They say you start noticing results after 4-5 weeks of use. So far, I get mild itching but I can handle that...I am also gonna try to drink lots of water and Vitamin C wich helps to build collagen...<so they say>

I'll keep you posted in one week... any ideas? suggestions? encouragements? lol thanks for reading this!!

:)/ :D

If using proactiv for 1 or 2 weeks gets rid of your scars - u do not have the kind of scars that we are talking about... are they indented or just reddish marks?

Franky:

I do have scars, and dark spots too. I only use the Proactiv once in a while for the blackheads and clogged pores that I have left after this difficult journey during all my 20's with mild to severe acne.

I have faith in this Mederma lotion for my scars, they say it is an extract from onions, thank god it doesn't semll like them, imagine??? lol...

Hi ferink73: I hope it goes well for you and that you see some improvement. Please keep us posted on your results. :)

@FrankY: No, it´s also for intended scars left by acne.

I heard some good and some no results from mederma by others.

In my opinion lots of things can work, but people often stop their treatments too fast, cause they see no result after 1 week or so and are disappointed. And no topical can work after that short time.

So stick to this procedure and tell us your results, when you are sure it´s working, or when you are sure it´s crap :)

Tuesday May 27 2003

I keep using it and now it stings a little. My face feels a little dry and I am starting to see some small flakes. No change in the appareance of scars! too soon!!

I'll keep you guys posted.

I have been applying Mederma 3 times a day for 1 month already, so I have 5 months to go... this is my experience so far:

I don't notice any visible reduction of the scars, but I see some very mild flaking on my face. It looks VERY clear, though.. and many red marks and brown spots are gone. It feels smoother to the touch and so far I feel a little more confident! :D

Side effects:

- A little redness where I apply the gel. But that was the 1st 2 weeks..

- Mild Flaking and dry skin. My skin is oily so people with normal/dry skin should use moisturizer

I am gonna risk a little bit more this month, may be use more in each application or do it 4 times a day.

I'll keep you guys posted. Lemme know If you have any questions

You think Merderma will help fade brown spots? Thats the only thing I have at the moment. I only heard negative responses for Merderma but your post seems like it says different. Let me know thanks and good luck!

Yes it has helped to fade brown spots

The problem is that may people give out after the first 3 weeks... [-X

The key thing with Mederma is to apply it 3 - 4 times a day generously during 6 months... Keep doing it.. don't stop it...dont forget to do it....otherwise it wont work....

Hey not to sound rude, but I feel like my acne scars will fade considerabley in 6 months without any treatment at all. I am going to try the this new regimen once it comes in the mail. Ill keep people posted on it.

If acne scars/marks faded considerably in 6months, most of us wouldn't be here. People just say that they do to have hope.

For Ferink, where did you get mederma? Do you have to get that prescribed? Thanks