Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've heard of this, but don't know much about it. I would think that if it was so effective, it would have been widely publicized by now. They do have a 90 day money back offer. I really don't have a need for it, but maybe someone else can be the guinea pig. 8-[

The people they showed in the pictures didn't have any results either. They just took the after pictures from a farther distance away.

I have a similar device called the HappySkin Acne Lamp. When I used

it for about a month and some change, I didn't detect a significant change

in my acne. I could be wrong. It's hard to tell. So my feeling is that while

the science behind it is sound, you'll probably only experience a

marginal improvement, if any.

Steve

Most of these lamps use the same technique. I used the Dermulux, in the UK it is backed by a top derm Tony Chu. It was the only thing that cleared up my acne when it was really bad so i wouldn't be so quick to dismiss it.

SteveInAustin - Most of these lamps need at least 3 months to start working. Maybe you were expecting a little much after only a month ?

Adam

Well I might just dust off the device again and retry it. I just didn't think

it was doing anything at all. If it requires 3 months, then yeah, I didn't

give it enough time.

Does anyone have a comparison of the intensity of the light generated

by the HappySkin Acne Lamp vs. the intensity of the light generated by

the Clear Light Acne System? The "Clear Light" acne system is actually

a big device that dermatologists have and it's supposed to be very

intense. It costs I think something like $50 for 15 minutes on that machine,

and you do it twice a week for 4 weeks, and they say it cures moderate

acne. I'm wondering if the intensity of that light is any greater than what

you'd get from HappySkin and other portable devices. Hmmm.

Steve

im using the dermalux as well.. it would proubly have cleared my acne if i dint go on weekend long drinking og drugs benders

went i go on a drink and drugs bender my skin looks better after no sleep and no food and no care. Drys out I think.

Or maybe I just THINK it looks better heheh..

Hi.I used the Dermalux light box everyday for 7 months.All it did for me was accelerate healing when I got a spot.It does not prevent spots.Total waste of money.Isolutrol works much better for me, eventhough my skin was not particularly oily.

=D> Astounding results. At 37 years of age, I've tried tetracycline, minocycline, erythromycin, benzagel, cleocin, doxycycline, as well as everything sold over the counter.

Nothing has worked this well for so long. I am virtually acne free.

Years ago I used light therapy in conjunction with minocin and it helped speed up the process of the pimples healing. I look forward to being able to use this light at home instead of going to the derm. =D>

My friend has been using the verilux happyskin about 3 months and decided to keep it rather take advantage of the return policy.Her face has shown noticible improvement. She bought it new on e-bay. She tried a lot of other things first. I'm trying it now to see if it ill work for me

I hate to discourage anyone from buying the acne lamp, but personally I think it's either a scam or has very little effectiveness. The reason I believe so is becuase I was actually considering buying it, but today I emailed their customer service and asked them to send me a full size photo of before and after.. (After all if the thing really works they'd have tons of photos sent in by happy customers)

Just as I suspected, the response email was that they 'do not have any full size photos to forward me' which was more than enough for me to decide not to buy it and hold my $150..

So there's my opinion on the issue, someone with more than 10posts please let us know if this lamp really does work!!

I have been using Acne Lamp for almost one year now. I have been able to control my acne completely. No, its not a scam.

I hate to discourage anyone from buying the acne lamp, but personally I think it's either a scam or has very little effectiveness.

So there's my opinion on the issue, someone with more than 10posts please let us know if this lamp really does work!!

I ordered a 2 head Acne Lamp today. I will take before and after pictures for those who are skeptical. I figure its worth a try all I have to lose is my shipping payment for the item since it has 90 day money back. Hope it works

biggrin.gif/

=D> Astounding results.  At 37 years of age, I've tried tetracycline, minocycline, erythromycin, benzagel, cleocin, doxycycline, as well as everything sold over the counter.

Nothing has worked this well for so long.  I am virtually acne free.

I just ordered the Acne Lamp - 3 Head Red and Blue Light. I have relatively mild-moderate acne so if this thing really works, it should clear up my skin. I've had acne since I was a kid and have tried everything just like most everyone here.

I'll provide updates on the status of my skin as the weeks progress. I hope it works! biggrin.gif

everybody,

wait for the new fda approved device coming out this novermeber. by radiancy called cleartouch lite home device, it uses light and heat.

and if acne is milder use the fda approved zeno home dvice.

i wounldnit trust if not fda approved b/c the light intensity may not be strong enough

Has anyone tried the LightStim LED photo rejuvenation light ($449)?

A Dr. Stanbridge (chiropractor?) helped develop it. The light seems to be geared to the anti-aging crowd but in the testimonials a woman with cystic acne got good results. In fact, this seems like a multi-purpose light able to give relief to pain. I didn't see the program on the Discovery Channel where the LightStim was used and the website doesn't mention the results of that usage, which makes me suspicious.

Too good to be true? www.lightstim.com

Has anyone tried the LightStim LED photo rejuvenation light ($449)?

A Dr. Stanbridge (chiropractor?) helped develop it. The light seems to be geared to the anti-aging crowd but in the testimonials a woman with cystic acne got good results. In fact, this seems like a multi-purpose light able to give relief to pain. I didn't see the program on the Discovery Channel where the LightStim was used and the website doesn't mention the results of that usage, which makes me suspicious.

Too good to be true?    www.lightstim.com

everybody,

wait for the new fda approved device coming out this novermeber. by radiancy called cleartouch lite home device, it uses light and heat.

and if acne is milder use the fda approved zeno home dvice.

i wounldnit trust if not fda approved b/c the light intensity may not be strong enough