Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've had acne for 2 years now, and Ive tried various types of medicines (Retin-A micro, Differin, Benzamycin, OTC medicines.) Im going to start the regimen. But should I use 2.5%BP or 5%.

I've only used 5%BP and my skin does not peel or get iratated with it. Would it be advisable to go down to 2.5%?

i say start with 2.5, and if you see no real results after a month just up it to 5%.

well do you use as much 5% as you will be using while on the regimen?? remember it's like at least one swiggly finger worth two times a day. if you are already using that much right now with no problem then sure. but if you are using like a 5% bp wash once a day you need to go down to 2.5%.

Several studies have been done on just this topic. 5% works no better than 2.5%. There is no reason to switch to a 5%. Stick with a 2.5% which is just as effective--in my experience more effective--and does not irritate and overdry.

-Dan

I'll just say that about my experience : BP 2.5% succeed where BP 5% failed.

Just try it. :)

I guess i'll try 2.5% when the tubes of 5% i've bought run out... If it really does such a big difference..?