Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jamie3

whats the difference in prescribed BP and over thecounter BP

maybe its because prescribed medications have side effects and the results will probably be more efficient since the doctor intensively analyzed your case. when you buy bp of the counter , its like taking a chance on something you dont know if it'll work or not. i dont know if im making any sense, but oh well, i dont care :]

most BP around me (PA) is 10%...2.5 is a b!tch to find but I have found it consistently at Wal-Mart for pretty cheap.

Sometimes the suspension of the drug is more effective or pharmaceutically superior in prescribed versus otc. Suspension as in "base" chemical.

Other than that it's all about the $$

My prescription BP cleanser is 3% and my OTC BP cleanser is 10%. So obviously the concentration of BP isn't what makes it prescription. So the answer could be in other ingredients or the way the BP is created in the drug. Or that could all be wrong and it's just for money.

nothing it's still just BP I can buy 2.5 - 10% over the counter at local pharmacey, the doc perscribed me some ages ago along with tablets just because it was convenient to do it all at the same time and it's would be free being in full time education, now I just pay the £2.66 over the counter.