Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nob

white heads?

I get whiteheads every so often, and they are so ugly! I hear that it's ok to pop them, but generally when I do that they just come back a little later, even after washing my face right after it.

I also read that it's normally better to just leave them alone because they'll go away in a few days, but that generally is not the case for me. When I leave them alone, they won't go away for over a week, and when they do go away, it just peels off but it feels like there's still a zit there. Then, it'll come back again! What should I do? Thanks

Start a REAL treatment, based on Dan's one. Better preventing than "healing". No whitehead, no problem. And no scare after.

I know how difficult it is to keep whiteheads without pop them, but in theory, you must not pop them, because it can scare.

Alright thanks, I'll leave that fat white thing, even though they stay there forever :). I have been trying treatments, and most have not worked. When I tried benzoyl peroxide on my skin, it got really rashy and started swelling too... but I think that was because i put on a lot of 10% stuff :D (I didn't know better then). Anyway, I tried 5% the other day, not that much, and it swelled just slightly and was rashy in one or two spots that I put it on (not all spots)... am I allergic to it? I hear that if you swell you should stop altogether.

Try Dan's regimen with BP 2.5%. And start with it slowly, only at evening. Your skin must first get use of it. Redness and more pimple will probably ocur first... Keep patience... Your skin will feel better after a week, and improvement must be observed after 2 weeks. If not, go to the derm : He will tell you what's wrong about it. After those 1 or 2 weeks you'll be able to upper BP dosage.

In case of acne improvement but skin redness/dryness, try other cleanser/moisturizer that best fit to you.