Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
andrea

What does BP help more - cysts or whiteheads?

I was wondering if Neutrogena on the Spot was better for cysts or whiteheads? I just recently broke out on my chin with about 10 whiteheads and am desperate to get rid of them. I am currently not using any sort of topical ointment on my face, however I am on antiobiotics.

my doctor told me that using just benzoyle peroxide for cystic acne wont work because it probably wont penetrate deeply enough and that you need to take something internally to get rid of cystic acne. So it should work if you just have white heads. Im not using bp anymore but when i did use it I broke out really badly for the first month on it. My skin took a while to get used to it. If you have never used it before I would start with just a little bit.

Yep, bcs cysts are more internalized they respond best to oral meds like accutane. But bp will seem to "back down" a cystic outbreak. If I catch them early enough the hardness will dissipate. There is sometimes a darker mark {macule} but NOTHING like the red marks after you've picked.