Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Guys,

Anyone tried these Menaji products? Their site advertises it as makeup for men, and claims that male celebrities use it.

I ordered the concealer stick and the anti-shine powder. The concealer stick is really good for hiding red spots and the anti-shine powder really keeps my t-zone looking normal (as opposed to the normal greasy coat I get on it). As my red spots fade, I find myself using the concealer less and less, but I think I will keep using the powder for a while. Don't know when my t-zone will stop being so greasy!

The stuff is a little pricey, but it's worth it! Look online for it, I think you'll find nothing but good reviews.

chitown

Hey, I wanted to try Menaji and you're the 1st person on this board who actually has tried it. I was wondering is it really invisible :-s like they say and is it hard to apply? Thanks for the info

nah, it's really easy to apply. the concealer stick is cool, it cover up red spots like nothing else. Start out with a little bit on your spots... you don't want to go overboard and coat your whole face with it.

Hey chitown, the site says that the concealer is non-comedegenic but is it also Oil Free? I think i'm going to give this stuff a try.

Yeh the stuffs pretty good

However i wouldnt reccomend it if you have peeling skin. It will only highlight this further, however if you just put where your skin isnt peeling.......all is good.

Hey,

I checked out the Menaji site, and it looks great for moderately blemished skin, but do you know if it's safe to use on full-on, (for lack of a better word) mountainous, pimples?

I'm definately interested, but the price is a bit much if I end up not liking it.

I have very very pale skin, just a step up from "vampire" level. Is the light camo light enough for me? I have lots of red marks that just need to be covered.

so im chiense and theres 4 colors? which one would i go for? which camo? so confusing.

Just ordered a light camo concealer stick, and some of the oil-free powder. We'll see how it works. I wonder where they ship from.. the shipping was quite expensive for a total package weight of about 10 ounces...

I would assume after, but I've never used any form of makeup before.

My face doesn't peel anymore, and I only use moisturizer at night..so it shouldn't be a problem. But I don't know what to tell you. When it comes in, i'll experiment... I hope it works well. I really hate red marks, and its the only thing preventing me about being excited for college this semester.

The package came today, and i'm experimenting...with as little as I can because of the cost. But anyways, it seems to clump with the bp that I already have on my face, but I haven't put any moisturizer on today, so maybe I need some on first. I rinsed my face off, and waiting to dry to try again.

Edit:

This is definately great stuff. It blends in naturally, and looks completely invisible (at least to me). It doesn't seem to provide 100% converage of dark purple/red marks from past cysts...but it's close. Close enough for me to be comfortable walking around in public. Everything else covers up completely. I played around with the stick for awhile, and did more things that just red marks. I lightened up my dark shadowy eyes, which makes me look less angry (good), and I covered up this mornings razor rash that I always get after shaving long growth (for being lazy)... and it just covers up lots of stuff. It doesn't make you flawless, but you look better... and that's good enough for me. Good enough for 18 bucks plus 7 shipping? Well... I don't know. Perhaps it'll get better as I get better techniques at applying it.

Haven't used the powder yet, as I'm saving it for a fresh start (tomorrow). I'll update again after that.

I have fair skin, that tans very well in the summertime, I got the medium camo, but it hasn't come yet... Do you think this is okay for my skin?? Will it not blend in??

Anyways, I'm excited about it, but I'm afraid ppl will notice.

it says JOJOBA based, i dont know what they mean by it, but i know that jojoba is a plant. And i dont know if they take his colors or what, but i have some nivea creme which has some jojoba-oil in it, so it could be that they take the oil of the plant....

-----------------------------

quoted from http://www.jojoba-ksa.com:

What is Jojoba?

Jojoba (Ho-Ho-Bah) is a plant that produces beans.

These beans contain an oil that is similar to Sperm whale oil.

if the world could produce enough Jojoba plants, there would never again be a need to kill the Whales!

------------------------------

I have fair skin, that tans very well in the summertime, I got the medium camo, but it hasn't come yet... Do you think this is okay for my skin?? Will it not blend in??  

Anyways, I'm excited about it, but I'm afraid ppl will notice.

I read a few make-up tips from different sites before I got it, and it said your concealer should be lighter than your natural skin tone. I got the light camo, and it's barely lighter...and blends in perfectly...but it's not light enough to lighten up the darker red spots.

So.. medium might work for you.. depends on how dark your natural skin color is. For your tan's, it should be perfect. I'm going to have to purchase a medium stick for when I get tanned or burned or whatnot, as well.

How does the oil-free powder look when you put it on? Does it make your T-zone area look totally smooth, free of any signs of oil and pores? I have a rather oily T-zone area and the pores on my noes are quite visible...wondering if this would help. Well, I decided to try the light concealer stick and the deep cleaning masque....I just wish that they would send an e-mail telling me if they shipped it out or not since my records show that they've charged my credit card already...but no e-mail telling me they shipped it....

How does the oil-free powder look when you put it on?  Does it make your T-zone area look totally smooth, free of any signs of oil and pores?  I have a rather oily T-zone area and the pores on my noes are quite visible...wondering if this would help.  Well, I decided to try the light concealer stick and the deep cleaning masque....I just wish that they would send an e-mail telling me if they shipped it out or not since my records show that they've charged my credit card already...but no e-mail telling me they shipped it....

Yeah, the oil-free powder works decently enough...although I haven't had to have it on for a full day yet, so I really don't know how well it keeps up. I try to use them as little as possible, only when going out on special occasions where I want to look as good as I can.

They didn't send me a shipping notice, either... But it came very quickly.

Most importantly everyone, put this stuff on lightly!

The last thing you want is for people to notice that you're using this stuff. Try as hard as you might to say "it's for men", you're in for some embaressment if you get too trigger happy with it.

Having said that, I also want to say that this stuff is great, it hides blemishes until they go away and the powder is awesome for your t-zone. Makes you look a lot less shiny.

chitown

ok now tell me the difference between make up for men and regular makeup...is it not pretty much all the same? why pay so much extra just because it says its for men?

ok now tell me the difference between make up for men and regular makeup...is it not pretty much all the same? why pay so much extra just because it says its for men?

Good point.

The answer is no, they are not different from any good cosmetics that are already available in your area. The only different is how they make you feel. Since this is labled as "men cosmetics", it might make you feel better than using "regular" cosmetics.

The cosmetic itself is not different from regular makeup but it is the society that will judge you. Put it in to persepctive, would you want to be seen driving pink car? or would you rather be seen in nice sport car? Same thing. You can use Stila, Bloom, MAC or Bobbie Brown to cover up your red spots. The question is "wouldn't it better to use 'manly' looking cosmetic?

I am a woman but I do know men who use cosmetics. Their cosmetics are not at all different from mine.

just a thought.