Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Guest

Help!!

Guest Guest

Help!!! I dont have really bad Acne but the pimples and blackheads i have are really gross and red and blotchy. I am extrimly embarassed about it! What is the best way to cure my acne without spending tons of money or taking a lot of time! Thank you!

I'd like to help you out, but I still don't have the upper hand on my own skin. Your best bet is to rely on yourself to get through this, and actively research and experiment to figure out what works for you. Good thing you found this site and these boards == great starting point.

Help!!! I dont have really bad Acne but the pimples and blackheads i have are really gross and red and blotchy. I am extrimly embarassed about it! What is the best way to cure my acne without spending tons of money or taking a lot of time! Thank you!

okay! First, don't listen to the poster above - although we'll intentioned, they are severely misinformed. Salt, or sodium chloride - clogs your pores. To a level 5. The WORST possible result in testing, here are the results on that:

Minerals |Sodium Chloride (Salt)| 5 | 0-3 (5 is the comedogenicity, 0-3 is the level of irritancy) HERE is the website I've referenced.

Second, clearasil ultra can clog your pores, here are the ingredients:

Active Ingredients

Benzoyl Peroxide 10%

Ingredients

Water , Glycolic Acid , Glycerin , Cetyl Alcohol , Benzilic Acid , Glyceryl Stearate , PEG-40 Stearate , Magnesium Aluminum Silicate , Dimethicone , PEG-100 Stearate , Xanthan Gum , Phenoxyethanol , Ammonium Hydroxide , Arginine , Isopropylparaben , Isobutylparaben , N-Butylparaben

here are the ratings of the pore-clogging ingredients:

Cetyl Alcohol = 2

Glyceryl Stearate = 3

Dimethicone = 1

Peg-100 stearate = 1

(please see above link for source)

While the clearasil ultra is a wonderful idea, the formulation is crap. It'll kill the zit you have, and prepare the skin for a new one to grow. doubt.gif

okay! First, don't listen to the poster above - although we'll intentioned, they are severely misinformed. Salt, or sodium chloride - clogs your pores. To a level 5. The WORST possible result in testing, here are the results on that:

Minerals |Sodium Chloride (Salt)| 5  |  0-3    (5 is the comedogenicity, 0-3 is the level of irritancy) HERE is the website I've referenced.

Second, clearasil ultra can clog your pores, here are the ingredients:

Active Ingredients

Benzoyl Peroxide 10%

Ingredients

Water , Glycolic Acid , Glycerin , Cetyl Alcohol , Benzilic Acid , Glyceryl Stearate , PEG-40 Stearate , Magnesium Aluminum Silicate , Dimethicone , PEG-100 Stearate , Xanthan Gum , Phenoxyethanol , Ammonium Hydroxide , Arginine , Isopropylparaben , Isobutylparaben , N-Butylparaben

here are the ratings of the pore-clogging ingredients:

Cetyl Alcohol = 2

Glyceryl Stearate = 3

Dimethicone = 1

Peg-100 stearate = 1

(please see above link for source)

While the clearasil ultra is a wonderful idea, the formulation is crap. It'll kill the zit you have, and prepare the skin for a new one to grow. doubt.gif