Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What are some home remedies for acne in general (scarring, red marks, etc).. I mean.. I don't really have access to medications or a dermatologist.. are there anythings that I could just find around the house that could help cure my acne naturally?

I think I have the full meal deal, though its not very severe.... and as each day passes, I feel more and more hopeless. I've changed my diet before, and also tried a lot of medications (that didn't work, which is why my parents will not buy any more for me). From Proactiv to washing my face with aloe vera.. nothing seems to help!!

I know teenagers have common problem of acne, but I find it hard to believe that there is no options for me!!

Please someone help!!! cry.gif

natural scar remedies you say well their are many:

baking soda- mix bs and water together into a weird goop and rub it into your scars for a little bit, then rinse right off...your scars will be enflamed at first but within 2 hours to a day your scars will look better and will improve with repeated daily treatment.

lemon juice, cucumber juice, vinegar- lemon juice is a natural bleach which means with daily applicationy our scars will fade away, because of the fact that it stings you should mix it 30/70 ,lemon/eggwhites or lemon/cucumber juice. cucumber juice application with heal scars rather impressively without any sting, and vinegar will fade your scars by exfoliating them. you are not obligated to wash any of these off after application. dilute the vinegar to a liquid thats about 20% vinegar, using pure vinegar will speed up process but may burn your skin

thier are allot of natural remedies for scarring, but for acne id suggest going on the regimen, or at least applying some bp daily to your acne

for un natural scar remedies scar zone cream and acid peels are your best bet if you dont want to go see the docter

Here check this out: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=54889. I've been doing the facial steaming for a while. I think it's working, and it feels really good. Along with this, I've been doing this for redmarks: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=35135. While this is for redmarks, it also helps my acne. I don't do exactly what it says, but you can. Here is how I'm doing these:

Every morning, I use a natural cleanser (http://www.allayurveda.com/naturalclear.htm.) I do the milk without the salt. Now, that's all for the morning. Every Monday-Wednesday-Friday night, I steam my face for 10 minutes. I wash the sweat off, and then just put milk on my face and wash it off (I don't leave it on for long). After that, I do the baking soda and then the apple cider vinegar like the above method says. The rest of the week, I do the same milk cleanser in the morning; at night, I do the cleanser and then the BS and ACV.

That's what I do. I know it sounds like a lot, but it's really easy. I hope you can understand it. If not, just let me know. Of course, you can change anything you want. One other thing I try to do is drink at least 8 cups of water a day. All of this really seems to be helping my face. Let me know if this helps anyone else!!

Guest Tempest

Wash your face twice a day in warm salty water. This should leave your face oil free without aggravating the acne. A simple acne home remedy.

First wash face and then dab acne with cotton balls soaked in vinegar. Another simple home remedy for acne.

Place strawberry leaves on the acne, the alkalinity helps to reduce the swelling.

Extract juice of one lemon and mix with equal quantity of rose water. Apply this mixture on the face and let it stay for about half an hour. Wash the face with fresh water. About 15 days application helps cure pimples and reduces blemishes and scars. Lemon juice is very popular among acne home remedies

Another lemon juice acne remedy; mix 1 teaspoon lemon juice in 1 teaspoon finely ground cinnamon powder and apply on affected areas frequently.

Application of fresh mint juice over face every night cures pimples and prevents dryness of the skin.

Eat plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables. At least 5 servings of fruits and vegetables should be included in your diet.

All acne home remedies for acne should include a healthy diet. Avoid eating chocolate, fried food, and refined sugar.

A couple of garlic cloves, crushed and dabbed on the face 1-2 times a day. One of the smellier acne home remedies!

Garlic may also help if you eat 2-3 cloves of raw garlic everyday! Or supplement with top quality standardized garlic capsules and avoid the smell.

Face wash for acne: Mix together 1 or 2mls each of the following: witch hazel, tea-tree and sweet fennel essential oils, adding essential oil of geranium for women and essential oil of rosewood for men. Mix with 300mls of water. Shake before use, as the oils will float on top of the water during storage. Dab affected areas with cotton wool two or three times a day. The oils will clean and unclog giving antibiotic-like protection to the skin.

Use 2-3 tsp. dried basil leaves to 1 cup boiling water. Steep 10-20 minutes. Cool, and apply with cotton ball.

All acne home remedies for acne are enhanced by proper vitamin and mineral supplementation. For example, taking vitamin B5 and zinc supplements daily can strengthen the skin's resistance to acne.

Grind orange peel with some water to a paste and apply on affected parts. Another popular acne home remedies for acne.

Clean face with cotton wool dipped in rose water 2-3 times a day.

Nettle Tea is another solution, this tea has a herb that has some curing power and really helps work wonders on skin problems. Drink four cups a day to get the full benefit of one of the most powerful acne home remedies for acne.

Dab egg white on your pimple and leave on for at least 20 minutes preferably overnight.

Another egg white acne remedy is to mix corn flour with egg white and apply on your face. Let is dry completely for 1/2 hour. Dip your hands in warm water and massage your face and wash off. This when repeated regularly gives you a smooth skin.

Aloe Vera juice applied twice a day can greatly speed up the healing of acne lesions.

Another lotion that uses bee propolis extract may also be effective. Mix eight ounces of water and 11 drops of bee propolis extract. One of the acne home remedies for acne which has been proven effective with many people.

....these are just a few I found....make google your friend wink.gif

my ex girlfriend used to say that putting honey on a zit and then a bandage on it when you sleep would heal it completely... i never tried it.. but she said it worked.