Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hopeful

before and after pics.

Did you have any indented scars at all (hard to tell from the pics)

and if you did, did the peels help with them at all?

hopeful,

It seems like those glycolic acid peels worked really well. You are like a MILF now (not to be offensive)! I want to get rid of my scars, but I'm hesitaint because I only have 3 acne scars I want to get rid of. I used some cheap glycolic acid from eBay and if fried my face and made it worse, maybe I didn't read the directions right but I have a fear of glycolic now. Was yours professionally done?

What does milf mean?

I had rolling scars not too indented, but enough to bother me, I had suffered yrs with acne. and finally got it to clear up , so I started using the glycolic acid treatments for the scars. I did buy it off ebay, started at 30% but that did nothing, so went to 50% and yes it burnt away the first layers of my skin, took a few weeks of recovery but liked the results and did it again. I have never felt so pretty, not to be snobby, but pretty was just not me, and now I look in the mirror and love what I see.

Hey Hopeful,

I just wanted to say, you look MARVELOUS! :) You're the one who inspired me to purchase glycolic peels from E-Bay in the first place. This was about a month or so ago when you first posted your pictures. I am extremely exicted for you and glad that you found something that worked.

Since I've been using the peels (still using 30%) I've noticed my scars are shallower and my skin is soft. I hope with time, I will gradually see more improvement.

I am just curious, with your remarkable results, are you still doing the 50% peels? Your skin looks very pretty and healthy! Congratulations! :D/

Hopeful,

How long did you leave the peels on for? Also, would recommend just doing spot peels? I'd like to try it after I finish the lactic peels, but would be afraid to do my whole face. What do you think? Would it make the skin tone uneven if I didn't do the whole face?

Hi everyone, I only did 2 peels havent done anymore yet, my acne has been gone for awhile so I was only worried about the scarring, which it seems to be taken care of, thank god. I had tried everything and I mean everything. I still use proactiv though even without acne, I find it to keep my face clean. I cant lie I left the glycolic acid on more than your supposed to, I'd say maybe 5-7 minutes,I could literally see it bubbling up white and thats where all the skin eventually came off. healing time is a downer but well worth it. Had red marks many yrs. and rolling scars. I hated me. i hated looking in the mirror. things are just so different now. I'm not self concious at all, except of course my wrinkles and yes I do have them sigh. working on that though, purchased nivea wrinkle control double strength...LOL. we shall see.

I wish everyone and anyone whos using these peels much success.

Hopeful,

Hey, you didn't answer my question...did you put the acid on the entire face, or just your problems areas??

sorry for not getting back right away, have had many pms and have a website I'm also running, so forgive me for not getting back so quickly.

I did not do my whole face, only where the scars were,

down time was about 2 weeks, in that time I used nothing on my face just plain water because the scabbing was painful and I didn't want to irritate it. Used nothing, no antibacterial cremes, etc, just water.

I used the peels a month in between. havent used any since, but if I start breaking out again and am left with any scars at least now after many other trial and error products I have finally found something that gives results. Good luck everyone.