Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lovely

* Rae's Log *

heh. cool that your skin is getting matter. (= hmm when you're completely clear maybe you might want to try the Jessfoliation!

Nawww, don't think so... I get plenty of exfoliation as it is, and for once something is working for me...I no longer breakout, and my marks are either gone, or ridiculously close to gone :). I tried Polysporin Cream as well (not Neo, Poly) and it clogged my pores as if I'd slathered my skin in butter and vaseline :eh: lol.... Nope, I'll just stick to what works for me :)

* Day 113 *

Weird.... I got a pimple (whitehead) on my forehead yesterday for the first time in I don't know how long.... I gently popped it last night after a long steamy shower, and today there is a teeny flat scab that should be gone by tomorrow....

Otherwise I'm still clear... I'm thinking about getting a professional facial however, to really clear out my chin (the dreaded clogged pores) and also because it is just super relaxing....

* Day 115 *

Clear again! The lil pimple on my forehead is gone, and it left a very very faint mark so who cares....

I'll probably update my reg in the next few days... the only difference is the scrub. Since my L'Oreal ran out I've been using St. Ive's gentle Apricot Scrub, I'm thinking it's a bit too gentle....

I was re-reading your log and you never REALLY had a big/bad/noticable inital breakout from the Clear Pore, right?

I've been using it for 2 weeks now, had a bad breakout last week and now its getting better, but...I know this stuff is working since I've had a cluster of bumpies on the apple of my cheek for about two years, and now they are gone! That was my main concern on my face for awhile as those always turned into something more. However since using the Clear Pore my forehead has a lot more whiteheads/bumps, than before which clearly sux's.

Either way will give this some more time for sure. Thanks for your log by the way.

Hey Adam

Nope never broke out at all from this stuff... It just got noticeably better after like 4 days or so.... I could see a huge difference at about the 3 week mark, so hopefully you'll experience the same thing in the next week or so... Good luck.

* Day 120 *

Arrgghhh!! My skin decided to freak out on me over the weekend. There's one of those big invisible ones on my chin and 2 or 3 teeny ones on my forehead....

I think it's related to three things:

1) Stress (mid-terms, friend moving etc...)

2) Diet.... not eating enough/eating junk (chocolate bars ewww)

3) St. Ive's Apricot Scrub w/ SA.... i think it leaves a film on my skin

Anyway, I think I've just been generally lazy with my skin lately (I've also been sleeping in make-up!) and obviously, like Dan's says on his regimen, you HAVE to be consistent.... Things look better today, however, forehead is pretty much clear again, and the chin one is shrinking....

I STILL need a scrub, I think I'll just repurchase the L'Oreal one...

* Day 123 *

Grrr.... my skin is just not cooperating these days... and I think the root of the problem is over dryness...

The weather seems to have gotten a lot colder almost overnight, and at the same time my skin looks dull and ruddy and I've had my first breakout in months. This is the only conclusion I can draw, since my regimen kept me clear for almost the whole summer, and my skin was much oilier. It sucks...

So my plan:

-cut back the SA to once a day

-add a combo skin moisturizer... I'll probly just drop my AHA

-cut back scrub to once a day

-drink more water to moisturize from the inside out

Looks like I'm gonna be experimenting to find a *Winter-Friendly* regimen... I'll update my regimen when I find something that works

* Day 128 *

Yea! My little experiment seems to be working... my skin has stopped breaking out... I'll update in a few, when I have my finalized winter regimen.

Where are you lovely? I am anxious to know what your winter regimen will be. I have always used a SA wash and never knew that I was basically washing the benefits of SA down the drain. Now I am about to purchase Neutrogena's Anti-Wrinkle/Anti-Blemish cream with SA and retinol. The reviews for this product are great. Thank you!

Where are you lovely? I am anxious to know what your winter regimen will be. I have always used a SA wash and never knew that I was basically washing the benefits of SA down the drain. Now I am about to purchase Neutrogena's Anti-Wrinkle/Anti-Blemish cream with SA and retinol. The reviews for this product are great. Thank you!

Hey shyfreak!

Good luck with your new product, and I think it's definitely true what you read about SA washes being unaffective. A few months ago I tried the one by Neutrogena (Oil Free Acne Wash) and it all it did was dry my skin like a desert! I might as well have used dish soap! I also tried the St. Ive's SA scrub, and it did squat as well... Really the only product that has given me success is the CLear Pore Treatment, that is left on.... I'll be checking to see how you Cream works for you. Good luck!

* Day 131 *

Ok, so my summer regimen which I thought was fabulous and foolproof, and kept me clear for the first time in six years started to be less effective, and I'm pretty sure it's due to the changing weather ---> causing my super oily skin to be less dry ---> which makes my regimen too harsh.

I started an experiment a week ago, changing a few things and I'm having great results, no new breakouts at all (I have two fairly large pimples on my forehead left over, but otherwise all clear).

Here is what I do:

Morning:

-Cleanse with Spectro-Jel

-Moisturize w/ Clean and Clear Morning Glow Moisturizer w/ spf15

(I tried this moisturizer out last May, and found it too heavy at the time, now it seems just right)

Evening:

-Cleanse w/ Spectro-Jel

-Exfoliate w/ Got2B Pore Me Deep Scrub (I decided to go with a gentler scrub, for right now at least because I don't want to aggravate my skin)

-Apply Neutrogena Clear Pore Treatment w/ 2%SA (the thing that has kept me clear pretty much since June/July)

-I used to use the Olay Refreshing Toner, but it ran out a while ago and I haven't repurchased yet...

Other:

-I know a lot of people don't believe this, but no matter what I do TOPICALLY my chin breaks out in response to dairy products, so I have to cut them out. Period.

That's it, hopefully it keeps working....

Hm, ProActive claims that food has no effect on your skin, and then again, other doctors and naturopaths insist otherwise. My dermatogolist says that food isn't supposed to have any effect on the skin, but personally, I think it's probably a genetic thing. My friend breaks out when she eats spicy foods, and my sister-in-law (a homeopathics doctor) says that eating dairy products is terrible for acne-prone people.

Well...I know there are plenty of foods that are supposedly bad for your skin (ex: fats, sugars, fried foods), but do you think there are foods that combat acne?

Oh by the way, your acne progress log is very interesting =) I notice you use a lot of natural and generic products. Have you tried any of those organic/homeopathic acne treatments?

Hm, ProActive claims that food has no effect on your skin, and then again, other doctors and naturopaths insist otherwise. My dermatogolist says that food isn't supposed to have any effect on the skin, but personally, I think it's probably a genetic thing. My friend breaks out when she eats spicy foods, and my sister-in-law (a homeopathics doctor) says that eating dairy products is terrible for acne-prone people.

Well...I know there are plenty of foods that are supposedly bad for your skin (ex: fats, sugars, fried foods), but do you think there are foods that combat acne?

Oh by the way, your acne progress log is very interesting =) I notice you use a lot of natural and generic products. Have you tried any of those organic/homeopathic acne treatments?

Hey! Ummm, no offense, but I wouldn't listen to too much of what ProActiv has to say. Their objective is to have you buy their product....

Yea yea, I know the whole food acne thing is a huge debate, and I'm not trying to push my belief on anyone. I've done very little research in the area, but I KNOW for 100% fact that if I eat dairy products, no matter what I use I will breakout on my chin, it's happened a million times... I've written it down when it happens blah blah blah... so I just avoid it, as much as I reasonably can...

I don't know about combatting acne specifically, but I think there are definitely foods that contribute to healthy skin like good fats (omega 3), colorful vegetables, of course lots of water etc... You might want to check the Diet and Holistic Forum...

I don't use any natural products at all, I've used baking soda in the past as a scrub, but generally I just stick to the stuff I get from the store... I don't really have any desire to try organic products, I think the most important thing for me is consistency so I try not to change up my regimen too often... The most recent change was just that my skin couldn't handle my old reg with the changing weather....

* Day 132 *

My skin is coming along nicely... still no new breakouts since I adopted my new "Winter Regimen" about a week ago and of the 2 pimples that I had on my forehead from before: 1 is gone (left a tiny mark tho) and one is shrunken to about 1/8 the size.

The one problem I have with the Morning Glow Moisturizer is that it somehow draw more attention to larger pimples from the glow I guess... My skin is approaching 100% clear again, so I don't think it will be a problem in a few days....

I've been slacking on my chin area: poor diet choices *read: dairy*, and not pushing out the clogged pores. but I started fresh today. There is only one teeny under skin bump there tho... the main problem is the dreaded congestion and I have a few little marks left....

Very interesting log lovely :) I read everything..you made me laugh at one point where you said you stopped using Neutrogena Oil Free Cleanser cause it dried you out like a desert and you might as well should have used dish soap lmao! :lol2:

I have question for you have you ever used Neutrogena Rapid Clear Acne Elminating Gel? It's also 2% SA. I know you are getting very good results with Neutrogena Clear Pore which contains 2% SA.

I couldnt find Clear Pore anywhere around my area but I have a feeling it contains more product cause rapid clear gel comes in a tiny ass tube for $7.50!

Very interesting log lovely :) I read everything..you made me laugh at one point where you said you stopped using Neutrogena Oil Free Cleanser cause it dried you out like a desert and you might as well should have used dish soap lmao! :lol2:

I have question for you have you ever used Neutrogena Rapid Clear Acne Elminating Gel? It's also 2% SA. I know you are getting very good results with Neutrogena Clear Pore which contains 2% SA.

I couldnt find Clear Pore anywhere around my area but I have a feeling it contains more product cause rapid clear gel comes in a tiny ass tube for $7.50!

Hey hey El Feo.... glad I could make you laugh lol.... I was being serious about that dish soap crack tho!

Ummm, I've never tried the Rapid Clear Stuff that you mentioned, and I can't really recommend it since I haven't, but if you do I'd love to hear your results! I pay $6.99 CAD for the Clear Pore stuff and it lasts me about 2-3 months, so I think it's a pretty decent deal... if I were you I'd keep looking for it...

Hey hey El Feo.... glad I could make you laugh lol.... I was being serious about that dish soap crack tho!

Ummm, I've never tried the Rapid Clear Stuff that you mentioned, and I can't really recommend it since I haven't, but if you do I'd love to hear your results! I pay $6.99 CAD for the Clear Pore stuff and it lasts me about 2-3 months, so I think it's a pretty decent deal... if I were you I'd keep looking for it...

I used the Rapid Clear before and it worked but I don't remember why I stopped using it lol I know I had switch to an astringent the Deep Clean from Neutrogena...but now I feel that has not give me the results I am looking for. I think SA at 2% concentration is very effective for mild to moderate acne. Plus it's not harsh on the skin. I love the way it's Gel based so it goes on clear and it feels very light.

I wonder what is different about the Clear Pore which you use? Maybe they added an ingredient that makes it more effective at night I don't know. But I know that it contains more SA inside lol

I'm gonna hunt for it this week I know I will find it and I will try it out and post differences if there are between the two. :)

Hey Lovely thanks for the response and may you continue doing well with your skin. ;)

P.S: Lovely is the Clear Pore gel that you are using invisible..or creamy white?

Edited by El_Feo

* Day 134 *

My skin seems to be balancing out again since I've added my moisturizer, it's actually moving closer to oily again, so I've been using a toner sparingly (the one by Dove). Still no new breakouts just waiting for the two that are left to fade....

@ El Feo: The Clear Pore I use is a clear GEL, I think the cream you're thinking of is actually BP.

* Day 136 *

Almost clear! Yea, I'm sooo happy that my new regimen is working! I haven't broken out in almost 2 weeks now, and I only have one pimple left...

I really think the key to this thing is consistency, because I've noticed in the past few months since I've been focusing on my skin, when I slack off and only do my regimen once a day or leave parts out, it just doesn't work.

The only prob I have now is five new marks that came as the result of my breakout from last month. Grrrr.... I think on my skin it takes about 3-4 months for marks to completely disappear. At this point I don't wanna mess up my skin by trying something else to excelerate this process, so I'm just going to wait

* Day 137 *

Things are still looking good :) Not using the Dove Toner any more, I remembered why I stopped using it in the first place, it leaves a sticky feeling on my face...

I ran out of my Clear Pore! Well... I might be able to squeeze a drop out for tonight... gotta get to the mall!

Lovely, I was curious to know if I could use the Clear Pore in the am instead of the pm. I know the bottle says nighttime treatment, but would it really matter? I want to use Neutrogena Anti-Wrinkle/Anti-Blemish cream at night because it has salicylic acid and retinol in it and I read that it was best to use retinol at night and bp in the morning (if you are using both).

Lovely, I was curious to know if I could use the Clear Pore in the am instead of the pm. I know the bottle says nighttime treatment, but would it really matter? I want to use Neutrogena Anti-Wrinkle/Anti-Blemish cream at night because it has salicylic acid and retinol in it and I read that it was best to use retinol at night and bp in the morning (if you are using both).

Yup, you could definitely use it in the morning instead of at night, I used to do that myself. Since it's getting cooler now I have to use a moisturizer instead. The only prob I can see you having is dryness or irritation from using so many meds, but if it works go for it!

* Day 146 *

I picked up the Shopper's Drug Mart version of the L'Oreal Microdermabrasion Kit tonight at the mall... I'll update on how it compares.