Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lovely

* Rae's Log *

* Day 63 *

Going back to my original tried and true regimen.. the new one was too irritating, and I don't want to break out again so close to school... Also, although the extraction worked, the Q-tips chafed my skin in a little spot so there's now a mark, which is worse then the clogged pores ugh... Everywhere else is fine, but I think I'll leave it to the professionals from now one.

* Day 66 *

I think my skin has finally recovered from my little experiment.... I've been babying it like crazy for the last few days, as it was more irritated than I thought... I found that applying Aloe Vera Gel mixed with a thick gentle moisturizer really helped. I used it as a mask, which I rinsed off, and it really calmed my skin down. I also completely stopped using my scrubs for a few days.

Today, I'm happy to report, that I have no active acne, and not even really any clogged pores! There are still a few little irritated areas, but I'm not concerned anymore since I've seen a great improvement since last night.

* Day 72 *

Skin is still very clear, even the clogged pores are diminishing. All that is present is one of those hard lumps under the skin on my chin... I'm not that concerned about it, since it's invisible... I'll just let it be, and hopefully it will go soon.

I might be updating my regimen in the next few weeks... Not to add anything new, but I've simply been too lazy to use my scrubs everyday, and surprisingly there has been no change in my skin as a result, it hasn't even hindered the progress of those nasty clogged pores. So, I might change the number of times per week that I manually scrub.

I like the way my skin has a nice glow after the L'Oreal scrub, so I might actually start using that some mornings, instead of wasting it's effects before bed...

Salicylic is very effective against acne and oily skin.

I have done weekly 20 % salicylic peel and this has helped a lot ( dark spots, scars, oiliness, ...).

eusa_clap.gif for your progress!

Salicylic is very effective against acne and oily skin.

I have done weekly 20 % salicylic peel and this has helped a lot ( dark spots, scars, oiliness, ...). 

eusa_clap.gif for your progress!

* Day 74 *

I have to be honest, I haven't been taking care of my skin as well as I should over the past week or so. I've been crazy busy with going back to school and partying a little too much.... hopefully I'll settle into a routine soon and I'll have the time and energy to fool with my face again.

Thankfully it hasn't suffered as a result, it's staying really clear. No matter what I always manage to use my toner to take off make-up... or residue from my creams, and also apply my SA at night and AHA in the morning.... This really solidifies for me that the answer for my skin is the SA gel and to a smaller extent my sunscreen and AHA...

Anyway, I'm going out later on tonight, and I'm gonna use the Refinish Micro-Derm for the first time in a long time, so I'm hoping it will give me a lot of brightness and smoothness, I'll update tomorrow...hopefully.

* Day 84 *

Hahaha, yea, so I definitely didn't update the next day...

Anyway, my skin is coming very close to my end goal of flawless, which I'm ecstatic about smile.gif. I have had one breakout in the last little while, since I've updated, a hard chin lump, but it's one of those kinda invisible ones, and it should be gone in a day or two....

I've found that the only way to successfully rid myself of the clogged pores that have plagued my chin for soooo long is to gently push them out with my fingers after a nice warm shower...

My forehead is sooo clear that I'm amazed, I have a pic from early May when I had my huge breakout the last time, and my forehead was HORRIBLE that pic will never see the light of day... My forehead has been consistently clear for over a month I'd say.

As for products, the main thing is definitely my SA gel that sh*t is amazing... Sometimes, when I'm not going out, I'll use it in the morning as well and it really smooths out my skin sooo welll....I've also gone back to using my scrubs twice a day, because there really is a difference in the brightness of my skin when I use them. Of course my Spectro-Jel, best cleanser ever. I rarely mask anymore, I don't really need it as much since it's getting cooler (weather) and my skin is way less oily, it's almost normal.... Also, the ice, since I'm not breaking out anymore I don't really need it..

So that's where I'm at, at the moment.

* Day 85 *

Still clear, except for the big bump on my chin... It's annoying now because it's no longer invisible, and it's slightly red. I'll try icing it tonite and hopefully it will be gone, or reduced by tomorrow... It's not sore at least....

* Day 91 *

Clear again, I can't remember when exactly that big bump on my chin went away, unfortunately it left another mark tho...

It seems like I've hit somewhat of a plateau in my quest for "flawless" skin. I rarely break out, and my skin is very smooth to the touch, and now I'm just waiting for it to be completely even toned... I'm torn because I don't want to add anything (like hydroquinone) that might break me out.... but I'm also really impatient...

Anyways, for now... since my life seems to be settling down into a bit more of a routine, I'm just going to try my best to be consistent with my manual exfoliation, because in the past little while, when I've been busy I've just been cleansing, usually toning, and then using my SA... hopefully the scrubs will help even things out....

* Day 94 *

I discovered a great way to maximize the effectiveness of the Neutrogena Acne Mark Fading Peel tonite... Ok, Olay has this new product that's a scrub and a peel used afterward... I thought I'd try to do this using my L'oreal scrub and the peel which is really not that effective.... WOW. My skin feels so smooth, the smoothest it's ever been I swear... I'm gonna keep using it... hopefully it'll help the marks... and now at least I won't be wasting the peel...

No new pimples! Still the marks and uneveness ugh.

I'd only just looked at this page but gee, the success you're having right now is very inspiring to stick to the regimen! (= hope your skin tone evens out soon!

I'd only just looked at this page but gee, the success you're having right now is very inspiring to stick to the regimen! (= hope your skin tone evens out soon!

* Day 100 * What a milestone! lol

Quick update... my skin is still clear, which baffles me... and at the same time, I'm beginning to worry less and less about it, which is lovely....

Anyway I took a really silly self-portrait w/ Mom's digi-cam and I was shocked to discover that the marks on my forehead are nearly completely gone! I had no idea... since I haven't been scrutinizing my face lately smile.gif

Basically all I have left to deal with are 3 fairly obvious marks on my chin, and I still have to be very diligent with my regimen on my chin because it seems to be the most sensitive to slip-ups (as well as dairy consumption)... and the marks there seem to last the longest...

So yea, I'm still happy...

* Day 103 *

Skin is still doing amazingly well, I've been mainly applying my SA twice a day (in place of the AHA in the morning) since I haven't been in the sun too much (studying for mid-terms).... Anyway, my skin has been acquiring a nice glow and my forehead is almost flawless!

Still have a ways to go with the chin. There are rarely any pimples there, but it's still prone to clogged pores :S and there are some fairly recent marks that I still have to deal with. I have noticed that my skin seems to do better when I rub the SA in really well, as opposed to rubbing it in a bit and then letting it absorb on it's own....

* Day 105 *

AHHHH!!! My L'Oreal Refinish Scrub is almost completely gone! I need a replacement scrub quick! Although SA is the main factor in keeping me clear, I KNOW that my scrubs help tremendously with my *healthy glow* and general evenness... The L'oreal scrub is the BEST I've ever used, but I can't see myself spending $30 again for a teeny scrub... but I might have too... sigh.

Once again I've been slacking in the clay mask department.... Probably because the weather is getting really cold, and my oil production has decreased to the point where I would almost call my skin *normal* ... crazy. But anyways, I think I'll break it out tonight to give my skin a deep cleansing, since I've been partying a little excessively lately and my skin could probably using some freshening up....I have a teeny invisble pimple on my Chin (of course) but other than that STILL CLEAR :).... that's it.

gee, i'm really envious. i'm hoping my skin will clear up soon, but admittedly, i'm not even on one month yet. O_O

by the way, how's the size of your pores? do they close in or what?

gee, i'm really envious. i'm hoping my skin will clear up soon, but admittedly, i'm not even on one month yet. O_O

by the way, how's the size of your pores? do they close in or what?

I totally understand, when my skin was a mess back in May I almost begged a Doc for Accutane, he practically laughed at me with my mild acne lol.. I'm don't know what your regimen is, but you definitely should give it at least a month, that's what it took for me to see a drastic difference...

My pores are pretty small... They're invisible on most of my face except for some on either side of my nose, and I still have to be diligent about clearing my chin area of clogged pores...although the SA has reduced their appearance....

* Day 107 *

Well... it finally happened... I ran out of my L'Oreal scrub. It's a sad day :( lol...

Arrgghhhh I'm so busy with exams and stuff that I probably won't have time to go get a new scrub til the weekend... Until then I will be using St. Ive's Gentle Apricot Scrub after cleansing 2x per day, at night I will follow that up with the Neut. Acne Mark Fading Peel.... This is JUST til this weekend when I find a good replacement for my good scrub... Hopefully I'll find something comparable to L'Oreal that's cheaper.... but I might end up repurchasing b/c it is good.

Skin is still really clear. Actually yesterday my sis asked me if I was wearing foundation cuz it looked so clear which made me very :)... My chin still has the most probs, but it actually seems to respond the best out of anywhere on my face to the peel...

hey there, i'm actually on Dan's regimen and exact details are here. i know, i should wait. it's just irritating, especially when there are so many other products i wanna use! d=

hmph i'm jealous of your tiny pores. mine are huge everywhere /= hmm does it take long to pick up a new scrub? good luck with your exams though!

hey there, i'm actually on Dan's regimen and exact details are here. i know, i should wait. it's just irritating, especially when there are so many other products i wanna use! d=

hmph i'm jealous of your tiny pores. mine are huge everywhere /= hmm does it take long to pick up a new scrub? good luck with your exams though!

Thanks car! and good luck with your regimen.... and give it TIME. I was the same way when I first found this site, I was switching products and stuff all the time thinking I was missing out on something. The only way to know if something's really working is to stick with it (barring adverse effects) and just be consistent... and if by chance things don't get better then maybe try something else...

* Day 109 *

I started back up using my Neostrata AHA again for the past 2 days, during the day... I really like it, because although the SA is the thing that really keeps me clear my skin has been a lot less oily lately (probably weather related) and the light moisturizer really gives it a nice feel and glow lol....

I'm really happy with my chin! It has been the only iffy part of my face for awhile... Anyway, lately while I've been in the shower, towards the end when there's lots of steam, I've been gently pushing my skin (you can't really call it extractions lol) and it has helped sooo much. The skin on my chin clogs at the drop of the hat... and this has kept it soooo smooth! Very happy.

Finally my marks are almost gone, forehead especially, but chin too, so I guess a good estimate is that it takes between 2 and 6 months for my marks too fade completely....