Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
PimpzAcz

DAN'S BP GEL VS PROACTIV SOLUTION

Hello everyone! Im pretty sure i read this topic from the this forum but i can't find where at rolleyes.gif Im having headache reading all the info about treating acne. I had acne too and tried so many over the counter products, including Proactiv. I know any of you here are using the Dan's Bp Gel and others Proactiv Repairing lotion. I've seen Dan's bp gel is 2.5% benzol peroxide same as proactiv reparing lotion. I was just wondering if these two have the same ingredients. Are they the same???

Guest TylerD

No proactiv has more ingredients then dans. And i dont know them all because there is alot. That is why Dan's is better and safer you dont have so much crap in it. Its more natural. And plus Dan's has no smell to it, put proactiv under your nose you damn near pass out from it. I hate that smell gives me a headache. Stick with Dans gel. its the best by far then 2nd would be Panoxyl.

No proactiv has more ingredients then dans. And i dont know them all because there is alot. That is why Dan's is better and safer you dont have so much crap in it. Its more natural. And plus Dan's has no smell to it, put proactiv under your nose you damn near pass out from it. I hate that smell gives me a headache. Stick with Dans gel. its the best by far then 2nd would be Panoxyl.

I am currently finishing up my last bottle of PA wating for BP gel in the mail.

Here are the inactive ingredients

-Water, cyclomethicone(gotta have that!), ethoxydiglcol(cant live without that!),

propylene glycol(Oh yeah!!), glycerol stearate(so nice), PEG-100 stearate(Nice)

cetearyl alchohol(yummy), dimethicone(definitely), panthenol(Thank you lord!)

allotonin(???), carbomer(sure), ceteareth-20(ummm, ok), xanthum gum(mmm!)

triethanolamine(wonderful!), fragrance(how nice of them) diazolidinyl(yikes),

methylparaben(pardon?)and last but not least....my favourite, propylparaben.

PHEW!!!

That was more work than I anticipated.

So ummm,...yeah.

Cant wait to try the gel.

I am currently finishing up my last bottle of PA wating for BP gel in the mail.

Here are the inactive ingredients

-Water, cyclomethicone(gotta have that!), ethoxydiglcol(cant live without that!),

propylene glycol(Oh yeah!!), glycerol stearate(so nice), PEG-100 stearate(Nice)

cetearyl alchohol(yummy), dimethicone(definitely), panthenol(Thank you lord!)

allotonin(???), carbomer(sure), ceteareth-20(ummm, ok), xanthum gum(mmm!)

triethanolamine(wonderful!), fragrance(how nice of them) diazolidinyl(yikes),

methylparaben(pardon?)and last but not least....my favourite, propylparaben.

PHEW!!!

That was more work than I anticipated.

So ummm,...yeah.

Cant wait to try the gel.

Actually Pimpz, I was being very sarcastic. eusa_liar.gif

I dont know what any of those ingredients do.

However, I'm guessing thats why they charge so gosh darn much for it. smile.gif

I will keep posting.

Later

I tried Proactiv for a long time before I discovered Dan. They are the same active ingredient but the two products work differently. Dan's is much better and has no odor and sticks to the skin better. And is like a gazillion times cheaper.

Wow! MoeMentum - Thank you for listing all of the inactive ingredients in ProActive. Whew! shock.gif Truth is, none of the ingredients by themselves are problematic EXCEPT the combination of Cetearyl Alcohol and Ceteareth 20 together are highly comedogenic (pore clogging). Might not be a problem for some and of course it depends on how much of each they have in the concoction. But for some of us, this could be a major problem. Why do companies do this? (include ingredients that can aggrevate more acne) ARGH! Maybe ProActive has configured it just right so that for the most part, acne is decreased, but not 100%... you know.. just enough zits popping up to keep us coming back. evil.gif

Some of these ingredients are slightly pore clogging but usually not a problem. (triethanolamine for example). But, again, everyone's skin is a little different and certain combinations of slighly problematic ingredients could lead to more breakouts.

(BTW, I checked Dan's BP list of inactive ingredients and all appears to be safe.)

ive been doing the proactiv and my zits got clearer so i came on here bragging how much clearer i got. and now they are WORSE WROSE so im switching to dans . thank god i got 2 tubes here.