Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tryingbp

does anyone put asprin on their acne?

This seems to help pimples that I have squeezed or irritated. I try not to pick at my face but sometimes I cant help myself. If I have picked at a pimple and it is very red and swollen I wet a baby asprin and apply about half of it to the pimple. Wait about 10 minutes or until its completely dry and then rinse off. The redness and swelling has always gone down when I do this. I am not sure if this is actually good to do or not. Anyone know? I heard that putting visine on the face isnt good because it restricts circulation to the area or something like that, making it take longer for pimples to heal. I wonder if its the same for asprin.

From the site:

Instead of buying expensive facial products, I mix up my own "toner" using 1/2 water, 1/2 vinegar and a few aspirins. The acids in the vinegar force your old skin cells to flake off, much like the store-bought "alpha hydroxy" products. The aspirin is my own anti-acne solution. A lot of acne products use salicylic acid, which is basically aspirin with a few small chemical differences. The aspirin won't dissolve completely, but it doesn't seem to matter. This works especially well against those big, deep acne spots which older people often get. I've been using this twice a day on my face for five years now and people are always amazed when I tell them my real age (44). One caution, though: Be sure to also use a face lotion with at least SPF 15 everyday--even in winter (Oil of Olay knock-offs are fairly cheap)--because the vinegar mixture will make your skin thinner (just like the expensive store-bought ones will) and more susceptible to sun damage. The SPF prevents age spots from forming, and that's worth the money in my book.

do you use apple cider vinegar? or just regular vinegar? i am using bert bee's wild lettuce toner, but i was thinking of just making my own like you do.

basically, all that you are doing if you r puting aspirin on your face is putting salicylic acid on your face!

that may be true as far as asprin in concerned....but I take an anti-inflammatory orally when I get a cyst or a paiful pimple bcs that truly does reduce swellling. Just takes a bit longer.