Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
justanotherteen

Should I do the regimen?

My acne isnt severe but I have a bunch of whiteheads/blackheads on my forehead and cheeks. I was wondering I should do the regime to clear my face of them. I'm afraid of getting "red marks" according to some of the post or is that because those people have severe acne? I'm just looking for a remedy for my mild acne. Please direct me into the right direction! Thanks

There are so many methods that are effective.

It all depends on your money, commitment, schedule, and personal preferences.

Sure, if you have looked over what methods are currently available and have decided on BP (benzoil Peroxide) to rid your acne problems,.....sure.

Perhaps you will only need to apply a single application per day, maybe every other day.

I would also suggest getting a Salycic Acid astringent and applying it to the areas with the balckheads only.

You may even be able to get away with a 2% SA wash such as Clean + Clear Blackhead scrub. (Good quality stuff)

Cuurently I am using the SAa only on my nose and middle of cheeks, and BP regimine immediately after with fantastic success.

Learn what each tool does and gauge your own strategy.

So in awnser to your question.......why not?

I would say yes :S It's kind of worked for me and it stops new spots from coming up which I think is the whole point. But for the red marks to go it seems it can take almost forever lol...

Money is not a big issue since I'm a working teen why not spend money on something that will help me look better biggrin.gif. I think I have the commitment, since I'm currently on a strict diet no junk food at all. Tough commitment for someone around my age ( 17 years old ).

Anyways I decided to buy 2 bottles of the BP gel.

But now I need a moisturizer and cleansing bar. Should I just get the ones that Dan recommends? Basis Sensitive Skin Bar and Eucerin Skin Renewal Day Lotion.

Thanks for all the help.

EDIT: Question about redmarks is that results of using the BP gel? or did you guys already have the red marks and used the gel to get rid of it?

BP Gel is not prooven to get rid of redmarks, some say it makes them worse, others say it helps, for me it doesn't do anything really, to answer your EDIT question.

The redmarks are caused by old ACTIVE acne.

Then go for it.

And yes, Basis Sensitive Skin Bar and Eucerin Skin Renewal Day Lotion.

Keep it simple.

Like John has mentioned, the red marks are caused from old acne.

Look into Glycolic acid peels and other methods in the scar forum.

Great Luck.

And yes, it seems you do have a good head on your shoulders for 17.