Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ChosenOne

How many times a day do you.....

Look in the mirror? In fear of embarrasment of a white head surfacing throughout the day, I find myself looking for a mirror atleast 20 times a day. Im sure that my appearance wouldnt bother me as much if I didnt look at myself so much, but I cant help it.

What about yall?

It's prob the best thing I've changed in my life so far.

And *knocks on wood* no one has mentioned my acne so far.

Probs because my hair is such a mess, my acne takes second place.

I probably look in the mirror about thirty times a day. I really don't have acne just scars, and I usually just look to see how bad/worse they look in different lighting. I own about 10 mirrors of different shapes and sizes. It's so funny, when I had normall looking skin I rarely looked in the miror. I'm probably going to get in an accident one day because I'm always looking in different mirrors when I'm driving.. This sucks.

i dont look at myself at all when its school time. i find that if i look in the mirror and see how bad i look, i cant focus on work.

since its summer and im trying to get rid of my marks, id say about 10 times

I only look when there is a mirror around, doesn't that make sense? I'd lose my fucking job if I went to the bathroom to look at myself 2 or 3 times every hour.

lol...i used to look almost every thirty seconds into my compact mirror. ive managed to stop doing that and even threw the compact out. I only look into a mirror when absolutely necessary now, but I seem to smile everytime i do now

i look ibn the mirror tooo much probably about 20 times aday as well just hoping my skin gets a bit better, i think its becoming a unhealthy obsession. i think i need to start putting my mind into different things

I look whenever I happen to be in the bathroom for whatever reason. I hardly ever just go to look for the sake of looking unless I'm feeling really depressed or really happy about my skin on that particular day.

Everytime I walk by one...but not becuase I think im hot (quite the contrary), i just keep hoping what im picturing in my head is wrong...

Eh. I don't think it's wrong to look at yourself in a mirror but if it's done obsessively and gratuitously then I guess it's bad. I'd say, on average, a person looks at himself 4-5 times in the mirror? Once in morning. Two or three times during the day (bathroom breaks?). Once in the evening. Simply looking in the mirror on a casual basis.

Anyway that's besides the point. Haha. I'd saaaaay... 3-4 times for myself.

I walk aroung with a compact mirror in my pocket (or in my bag if I have no pockets). eusa_shhh.gif I'm obsessive really, every chance I get...mainly to check on how oily my face has gotten and how much worse the oiliness is making my acne appear. I really need to stop doing that. eusa_naughty.gif

ive noticed the less you look in the mirror, the better you feel. thats for me at least. and it makes sense no? if you know you look like shit just dont look in the mirror and think otherwise. it sounds really fucked up but i try to do that all the time instead of worrying about my skin. just have fun.

Yes it all depends on how bad your acne is, if it's clearer than usual or just clearing up then you get really happy even if you have 5 pimples instead of 500. And vice versa.

i look in car mirrors. lol.gif its okay to look..thats normal. But i only OBSERVE it in the morning after i wake up and at night when i go to bed.

i look at myself a few times a day, but only look at my face twice a day, morning and night when i apply the benzoyl peroxide. you'll find searching for acne all the time stresses you out, which can make acne worse, so avoid looking in mirrors all the time. if you have to, then fix your hair, put on your make up, don't stare at acne. look into your eyes as if you were someone else, you'll see the person everyone else sees.

I look in the morning and at night, and also whenever I'm in a washroom with mirrors - it's just weird to keep looking down, staring at your fingers at the washbasin. I do tend to look more when I've got a breakout though, just because I keep checking throughout the day, as well as whenever my skin looks good ...