Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

since summer started my acne has got worse and worse despite what i have tried to do to make it better, and this saturday my girlfriend is coming back from a vacation and i want to look best as possible when she gets back, so what do you think is the best way to make my face clearer in a week? i have heard the acne free stuff works good at first, but havent tried it yet, im just hoping for some suggestions, thanks

nothing will work in a week. killing acne for good will take time and patience. although a liver flush might be a good idea.

if you want your skin to start looking better on the outside, go tanning. It will make you look better but I really dont recommend it.

NEOSPORIN, even if you dont want to do it longterm, a week on it will do great, and also, it will be within the manufacturers time frame. Neosporin cream twice a day by the way.

neosprin like the stuff my mom used to put on cuts when i was like 3? that stuff helps acne?? i thought since its all greasy and stuff it would make it worse, ive been washing my face with 10% bp face wash, and using 10% cream, but it hasnt seemed to help at all.

Neosporin CREAM! you have to go to the drugstore and look specifically for the cream... it works, theres a huge thread about it in the OTC forum.

Could it be that the products you are using are only irritating your skin, preventing it from healing in a gentle way? Is your skin dry as a result of the high percentages of BP you're using?

It is the Neosporin cream, not ointment, and Jessica (the one who discovered it was helpful for her acne) uses about a dime-size amount and rubs it into her face.

I would suggest that if you do try this, to stop using the other things.

If you don't already, try to drink at least 2L water/day, and get to bed at 10pm, and wake between 6 and 8am for the rest of the week.

These little things can make a big difference.

Good luck!

I read this recently as a natural remedy, but don't know if it would be effective.

Thought I would post it in case you or someone would like to give it a try:

Grind nutmeg with unboiled milk and apply on affected area. This works as a magic. Pimples should disappear without leaving a mark.

Applying milk should not do any harm, - it could actually be soothing.

thanks, ill go to the store today and pick up some of that neosporin cream (hopefully they will have it at stater bros)

and ive been staying up till around 4 and waking up at 8 for the last 2 weeks, so ill try to get some good sleep as well as drink lots of water.

thanks all for the help, im really glad i found these boards, its nice to know im not alone

Try to just wash your face with something gentle, and use the Neosporin either on spots or on the whole face.

Really try to drink the water (to help with digestion, flush out toxins, and remain hydrated) and get good sleep (I am hearing more and more that the ideal bedtime is 10pm to allow the body to regenerate properly. I know this is tough if you are a night owl, but if you make the effort this week, your skin will probably thank you and you will likely feel much better overall.)

Good luck!

eusa_angel.gif

i think the dehydration might be a problem, because i get dehydration headaches twice a week, and have passed out from it two times in the last few months (sports outside in the heat + lack of water isnt good)

ha, wow, if i go to bed at 10 i only have 6 more hours left in my day, very weird to me lol

im reading the neosporin cream thread right now, it seems great and im going to get some later today