Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Term

The Cure...For at least 6 months

I know this doesnt have to do with the regimen but I want as many people as possible to read this.

I was recently watching Fox 11 news and they did a story on this new laser that is being tested at a dermatology center in Santa Monica, CA. Here is information directly from the Fox 11 La website:

Acne Laser Treatment

For information about acne laser treatment, you can contact Dr. Ava Shamban at the Laser Institute in Santa Monica. Here's the address and phone number:

Laser Institute

2021 Santa Monica Blvd.

Suite 600 E

310-828-2282

This laser has not been approved by the FDA yet I guess but this facility is the only facility that has permission to take new patients. I called this place and heres the scoop. There are a series of 8 treatments that take about 15 minutes each and you would get two treatments a week for 4 weeks. The only downside for me was the cost. Each treatment is $100 plus there is an $85 consultation fee. Totalling $885. When I was watching the interview with the doctor on tv she said that for "some" people, this treatment is a cure but for most it last for about 6 months. Please reply and tell me if you've heard of it and if you live in the area and have the money, get the treatment done so we can all see if it works and save up $885. Just thought I would share the information. Hope this helps.

It's been approved by the FDA already, so idk if this is it, but to me it sounded a lot like Clearlight. With it, you get 8 treatments, twice a week, and for me it was $85 a session with a big consultation fee i don't remember, and supposedly normally the acne comes back in like 6 months from it.

I know for a fact that this is not Clearlight. Clearlight is a light that you sit under. This is a laser that the doctor holds to you face and there is no downtime according to the news report. This supposedly works better than clearlight or anything else out right now and according to the news report, this treatment isnt approved by the FDA however the FDA has given this facility in Santa Monica the ok to take in new patients.

Are you talking about those blue acne lights? If so I've seen some of them offered on the web for around $200-$300. If anyone knows anything about this let me know.

It's not the red/blue light treatment.

It is Acne Laser Treatment.

If it really does kill off the excess sebum production I would shell out 800 dollars faster than you can blink. I might even consider it even if it only lasts 6 months. But they say that only 2% reoccur after 6 months.

From your link it says it's SmoothBeam. And yes, i've heard of that, a lot of people have been treated with it on here and other boards.

Here is an update on this story. I called the Santa Monica center today and found out that the laser is Called "Cleartouch" by Radiency. Just go to google.com and type in Cleartouch and you will find info on the laser. For alot of people this last for about 6 months and the lady I talked to on the phone was really nice and said that "It works." I just wish I had the money!!!!!