Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Power5220

is it ok to take my accutane like this...

every morning i take my accutane 40mg at 12:00pm (thats what time i get up) then i take my 20mg dose at 6:00pm with my dinner...am i taking my 2 daily accutane doses to close together and whould it be more effective if i took them at a time such as 9:00am-40mg dose and 9:00pm-20mg dose?

I would spread them out more, I took mine at 6 or 7am then again about 6pm I would ask your derm about the effects that has taking them close. If you are getting up at 12pm then you must stay up late, so maybe try taking the last does later at night, maybe after 11pm.

Cassadie

i take mines after 10 but before 11:30. you should take yours at after 11 if you are taking it at 12 pm you know after 11 pm . don't mess it up, take your tane as indicated so you will get rid of acne. make the effort if you really want to be acne free.

Dont worry about this at all. Accutane is about cumulative dosage. It makes no difference when you take the pills whether it is 1 hour apart, 12 hours apart, or both together. This is not just speculation either my derm cleared this up for me when I started my course because he obviously gets asked this question a lot. The only reason you are not told to take all the pills together is because it can sometimes upset peoples stomaches to take too much accutane at once. It has nothing to do with the effectiveness.

I assume most people just take it whenever they remember. I definetely do not have any set schedule.

Dont worry about this at all.  Accutane is about cumulative dosage. It makes no difference when you take the pills whether it is 1 hour apart, 12 hours apart, or both together.  This is not just speculation either my derm cleared this up for me when I started my course because he obviously gets asked this question a lot.  The only reason  you are not told to take all the pills together is because it can sometimes upset peoples stomaches to take too much accutane at once.  It has nothing to do with the effectiveness.

I assume most people just take it whenever they remember.  I definetely do not have any set schedule.

Guest Craigems

do it the aussie way ... all at once! biggrin.gif lol jks ... i take my 40mg in the morn and thats it. (only on 40mg u see)

do it the aussie way ... all at once! biggrin.gif lol jks ... i take my 40mg in the morn and thats it. (only on 40mg u see)

Guest Craigems

nope i 40mg / day ... but i built up ... i'm now going the remainder of my treatment on 40mg/day smile.gif

breakfast and supper. That's all. Sometimes I forget at supper, so I have a night snack.