Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Posted

hi

please take a look at my attached pic. its a closeup of my cheek and it has alot of these flat purply/red marks, with some pimples.

are these the red marks you guys are talking about?

will glyconic peels work well with these?

(not the most beautiful pics in the world, so please use caution biggrin.gif)

thanks all

post-25824-1120380970_thumb.jpg

post-25824-1120380970_thumb.jpg

Posted

please guys, is it really that bad??

Posted

yeh, they are red marks... i dunno about treatments for them... i have some huge red marks but like acne first... then red marks... one step at a time.

Posted

wouldnt say its that bad. Use some Glycolic Acid Peel and see if that helps.

Posted

your red marks look like mine. how long have u had them for? I've had them for about 1 and a half year. some do fade in time but because new pimples keep adding up on top of those red marks. it just looks worst and worst. currently i'm using scarzone for red marks and polysporin (sort of the same as neosporin) for active acne. Hopefully it helps.

Posted

Oh I also just started using 30% glycolic acid peel. I've already had 2 peels done at home. So far haven't seen much of an improvement. You can only do one peel a week. So I'm gonna keep doing it every week for two months and if it doesn't help I'm not gonna do it anymore. Everybody's skin is different so what works for some might not work for others but you won't know unless you try. So i suggest you try the glycolic peel but follow the instructions very carefully. good luck

Posted

thanks for the replies all.

hey keisha

ive had these marks for YEARS now, but like you said, new pimples come, and keep leaving red marks so its hard to break the cycle

luckily now im on accutane, and it is stopping new pimples from coming, so after a while, i will try this glycolic acid.

please keep me up to date on how ur peels are working for you.

thanks

Posted
hi

please take a look at my attached pic. its a closeup of my cheek and it has alot of these flat purply/red marks, with some pimples.

are these the red marks you guys are talking about?

will glyconic peels work well with these?

(not the most beautiful pics in the world, so please use caution  biggrin.gif)

thanks all

Posted

Ahhh that's what I have on my forehead :o I was wondering whether they were still spots because I've been doing BP gel and they haven't been dying down so that must be why... Just have to wait for them to fade...