Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kragvark

Almost two months on regimen

Forgive me if this type of post has cropped up before. I have been on the regimen for almost 2months and although my acne is getting better, my skin is still very intolerant to BP. The areas where I apply the BP are peeling, dry and wrinkled. What I want to know from people here is how long it has taken their skin to get properly used to BP? I use oxy 5 and neutrogena oil free spf 15 moisturizer - can't find 2.5% BP anywhere

I experience same thing with BP 5%. You MUST find BP 2.5%. Usualy it take 1 to 3 weeks to get use with that.

Else it could be something's wrong in your regimen.

Try other moisturizers. The present one seems not fit to you. I experienced that with AHA.

You can try to lower you BP posologie. I personaly use BP at evening, without moisturizing, and Erythromicyn (softer but less efficient) at morning, before moisturizing. I'have very sensitive skin, but that regimen works for me. Now you must find a good compromise between acne level and irritation level.

It says you CAN use 5% if you can't find 2.5% but no higher than that. I got the same problem, but moisturizers fix that...

Using a higher percentage bp should really be a last resort. However, if you must use 5% and you have sensitive skin, you're going to have to expect drying and peeling. Since you've been on the regimen for a while, I would suggest switching to an alpha hydroxy moisturizer. This should help quite a bit.

-Dan