Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
black_converse

wrinkles form benzoyly peroxcide?

The US National Institute of Health does not report any bullshit wrinkling or cancer side effects. The site also recommends good usage of Benzoyl Peroxide. So if you don't believe Dan, maybe you'll believe the National Institute of Health:

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/druginf...pdi/202086.html

The other information you are finding on the web is more than likely just companies spreading propaganda in an effort to support their product, but some of you are too stubborn to realize that. The internet is full of a lot of rumors and just because it's on the internet doesn't make it true. Your sources should be respectable when doing research.

I am making this post because I had a good laughing over the over emotional teenagers freaking out because you don't know how to follow directions for applying Benzoyl Peroxide, even though side effects for misuse are clearly given, and then you freak out anyways like it's a big surprise.

I just started to use Benzoyl Peroxide solutions for my acne. It is the first solution that is actually effective. Why is that everytime --- Okay I'm tired of typing.

I heard that one of the effects from using alot of BP is that you get wrinkles? Im only just a teenager and as much as i want my acne to go away, i dont want to have to worry about wrinkles which is just as bad dont you guys think? Im just hoping this isnt true!

I asked my derm (who I totally trust) this and he said no. Smoking and the sun will give you wrinkles, not BP. He said if you need BP use it, you want to prevent pimples and scars. Moisturize, avoid the sun, and don't smoke and you'll be fine. If you do get wrinkles when you're older...use some Retin A or Tazorac. I'm 34 and Tazorac is making my skin look so good, I even still get carded smile.gif

whats tazorac

As far as I know, it is the substance tazarotene available in a gel for topic use. It is a retinoid and works like this:

The key to the efficacy of tazarotene in treating plaque psoriasis lies in its ability to modulate three key pathogenic factors of psoriasis -- abnormal differentiation, hyperproliferation and inflammation. Tazarotene is thought to achieve rapid, sustained efficacy by normalizing epidermal differentiation, reducing hyperproliferation and reducing the influx of inflammatory cells into the skin. In addition, its topical application directly targets the skin, the site of potential psoriatic defects.

from http://www.pslgroup.com/dg/2ce16.htm

However, this website has info on another skin condition other than acne.

Hello everyone, I'd would like to share my experience here, today when I came back to the doctor.

First of all, I am brazilian maybe I cannot express myself correctly.

About my treatment: I've used PanOxyl 10% during the past 3 years, I am to turn 23 years old now. During the last three or four months my skin became less oily. I didn't pay attention to it, I've just used less BP, and sometimes a cream with vitamin C against aging. But suddenly from noon to evening I've seen a red line on my forehead, which turned a wrinkle after I got a shower. It was on 16th August, and until this moments it's not gone. My acne fortunately is gone, inclusing my oiliness, like a miracle. I went to two doctor, both told me my wrinkle it couldn't be due to BP. Ths first one told me to me to wash myself with coul water for a week and then come back. But I've decided to come back to another doctor, today. This one observed my skin, told it was irritated because I've started to use tretinoin by my own, because I know it is used for aging signs. But the first doctor had told me my wrinkle was read. Very strange not? But any doctors weren't worried about its causes. The second doctor today gave me two "formulas" that I have to get made on a drugstore. One of the components, Argireline, has a lighter effect of a Botox! It may make muscle relaxes a little. The other components are gluconolactona, lactobionic acid, Vit.C-IP, and blend of silicon. I may use tretinoin 0,025% just twice a week because my skin is pale and sensitive and acid is a long term treatment.

But she told me that I should have used sunscreen each four hours everyday, and not just once a day, for the past years. And she didn't recomend peelings because they cause veins to appear over the skin, nor laser because it's expensive and maybe doesn't make much difference (I don't understand why not).

She was not very nice and patient to give me much explanations, just told somethings that could have happenned:

- Oiliness can irritate deep part of the skin and cause a wrinkle, even if the skin is apparently dry outsides due to BP usage.

- I should have came back to the doctor examine my skin every few months while I've used BP, because we can't imagine what may happen to the skin during a long term treatment. But my last doctor didn't told me those risks, she just told BP doesn't damage skin, but it did, if not the BP, maybe it could have been the alcool vehicle PanOxyl uses.

- She told me a wrinkle could have been forming already, and in fact my skin didn't have shine and was always sensible. So, that day I could have noticed the wrinkle, when it became noticeable. However it doesn't explain the read line.

- Tazaroten may cause cancer and is forbidden in Brazil.

She didn't want to give me more explanations, and told me to not get infos on internet because there is a Medicin university where I should have studied before doing affirmations. She is not polite, but can be intelligent...

If you've skipped a bunch of posts and havent read everything, at least read this if you see it.

first off, im 17, i havent started the regimen yet (waiting for stuff in the mail), and i've used 10% bp on and off before and never really noticed any wrinkling.

anyways, after reading 4 pages, for about 1 and a half hours to make sure i was understanding everything.

I've come to the conclusion, from reading alllll of this, that bp does not cause wrinkling, you may see wrinkles from your skin being dry, if so, moisturize.

About sun, all of the moisturizers listed on the "Acne Products" page are SPF 15, which, after reading something from the Skin Cancer Foundation to learn what all that sunscreen business meant, will supposedly block 93% of UVB (the rays that cause sunburn), while SPF 30+ will only block 4% more UVB rays than SPF 15, and arent really needed except for sun-sensitive individuals (do people using bp go under 'sun-sensitive' people? - i think 93% blockage is enough though). The other UV ray thing, UVA, the thing behind 'wrinkling and other aspects of photoaging' has no comparable standard (like how SPF 15 blocks 93% of UVB).

I remind you that i havent started the regimen yet, but i cant wait, even after reading all this wrinkle mumbo-jumbo. i dont think that bp is dangerous, after all, as dan has said many times in this post and on acne.org, people have been using it for 75 freakin years people. In this topic we have 16 year olds, 25 year olds, 33 year olds, and even a 52 year old who says its not dangerous/wrinkle-causing. All we need now is someone 60+ to come out and tell is they've been using it for years and it hasnt done anything bad to their face.

thats my 2 cents. thanks for reading this if you've come this far.

If you've skipped a bunch of posts and havent read everything, at least read this if you see it.

first off, im 17, i havent started the regimen yet (waiting for stuff in the mail), and i've used 10% bp on and off before and never really noticed any wrinkling.

anyways, after reading 4 pages, for about 1 and a half hours to make sure i was understanding everything.

I've come to the conclusion, from reading alllll of this, that bp does not cause wrinkling, you may see wrinkles from your skin being dry, if so, moisturize.

About sun, all of the moisturizers listed on the "Acne Products" page are SPF 15, which, after reading something from the Skin Cancer Foundation to learn what all that sunscreen business meant, will supposedly block 93% of UVB (the rays that cause sunburn), while SPF 30+ will only block 4% more UVB rays than SPF 15, and arent really needed except for sun-sensitive individuals (do people using bp go under 'sun-sensitive' people? - i think 93% blockage is enough though). The other UV ray thing, UVA, the thing behind 'wrinkling and other aspects of photoaging' has no comparable standard (like how SPF 15 blocks 93% of UVB).

I remind you that i havent started the regimen yet, but i cant wait, even after reading all this wrinkle mumbo-jumbo. i dont think that bp is dangerous, after all, as dan has said many times in this post and on acne.org, people have been using it for 75 freakin years people. In this topic we have 16 year olds, 25 year olds, 33 year olds, and even a 52 year old who says its not dangerous/wrinkle-causing. All we need now is someone 60+ to come out and tell is they've been using it for years and it hasnt done anything bad to their face.

thats my 2 cents. thanks for reading this if you've come this far.

I agree with the fella before me smile.gif If bp is causing you wrinkles it juz means you arent moisturizing enough! I started off worrying about wrinkles too..but thats bull shit. If you're on the regimen..apply at least 3 coats of moisturiser after the bp. Thats what i do...no wrinkles or pseudo-wrinkles for that matter...juz happy and v v smooth skin for now.