Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FrankY

My face NEVER peels!!!

Hey guys my face never ever peels . I have used bp, aha, bha etc etc etc - NEVER PEELS.... any ideas?

Hey guys my face never ever peels . I have used bp, aha, bha etc etc etc - NEVER PEELS.... any ideas?

FrankY, my guess is that you haven't used a high enough concentration of peel yet. I don't peel with 30% glycolic, but if I use a Skin Culture peel, look out, here comes the skin! I think it just has to do with the strength of the chemicals.

:-:)

Patrick

patrick - has this helped with any smaller acne scars - like very shallow open pores on - annnd can i still go to work while I use it? whats it feel like?

patrick - has this helped with any smaller acne scars - like very shallow open pores on - annnd can i still go to work while I use it? whats it feel like?

I really can't say about the pores. Most of my scarring is shallow depressed areas and some orange peel, which I think it has helped with. You can go to work for the first 3 to 4 days, after that you look really bad as the skin starts to peel off - sort of like the monsters in those old zombie movies. The peel paste stings pretty bad for the first 15-20 minutes I have it on, then the feeling subsides (YMMV).

BTW, I found a way to reduce the cost of this stuff (Skin Culture won't like this, so don't tell them). They say to scrape off the paste after the 90 minutes and discard it. I scraped it off and put it back in the container, then used it again for another peel later on. The concentration of the acids in the paste didn't seem to be reduced at all (I guess my skin can only absorb so much). I did lose some of the product because the final step of removal is to apply vaseline to your face, then wipe with tissues. I'd say I kept probably 75% of the product, so I should be able to get 3-4 peels from one kit.

Hope this helps,

Patrick :-:):D

They didn't help me at all with acne or scars - and the down time was 2 weeks :-

FrankY

I guess that is kind of a mixed blessing, not having your skin peel. My skin peels if I rub it just a little bit.

FrankY - I bought the 4000 peel. In all honesty, I think the peel is meant to be for acne and VERY shallow scars. Is that what you are trying to treat? Are you prepared for a downtime of 10 to 14 days?

Maya - nope - haha not ready for a downtime of 14 days for a improvement of zero :-k

my scarring is veery shallow and since my breakouts the end of last year and teh bedinning of this one i have developed 3 or 4 rolling scars which really bother me