Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest agentx

The main question!

Guest agentx

Hey, just wanted to ask a question from the accutane pro`s :/

What i wanna know is ... as most of you know i have severe freakin cystic acne ... been on 20 mg a day for 13 days now, the question is ...

If you`re on accutane ... is it a question of IF it will work or HOW LONG will it take to work?

In other words ... can it be that accutane has no affect on my cystic acne?

Please reply with the truth and dont try to make me happy hahah..

CheerS!

Hi there! It sure worked for me. My derm suggested, when I was about 3 or 4 months into it, that it might not be working for me because I wasn't getting really dry skin or lips. But nope, it did prevent new cystic acne. Only thing was that the existing cysts wouldn't go away completely. They shrunk but I could still feel something under my skin. I took care of those with cortisone shots. I THINK I saw definite results after the 3rd month. Good luck to you! There's a very high chance it would work for you. :)

hey agentx

as you know im clear now...and it started for me 2 months after my initial breakout....

its gonna work work for you....im positif :) good luck dude

I think I explained this fairly well in my pm to you. Accutane WILL work for you. I'd say its more of a question of how long the clearing effect will last. For many the clearing lasts a long time if not forever. For some, like me, the clearing effect has lasted a year or so and the condition returns. From my experiences, accutane is still worth it though because even though my acne returned, it did not come back as severe. Accutane WILL work but you just gotta be patient...which I know is frustrating especially when you have to deal with these intial breakouts. I personally know 5 people that have been on accutane at various dosages for mild to severe acne. Of those 5, 4 of them are perfectly clear after one dose. I'm the only one in that group that accutane didn't completely clear, but like I said before, I am definately A LOT better now than before starting treatment. My face is pretty much clear now which it wasn't before my first two courses of accutane. The only reason I'm doing a third course is to try to take care of the persistent acne on my back and shoulders. The outlook is great for you. You are on the BEST medication for this condition. Try your hardest to hang in there and fight this thing to the end.

-Josh

I'm bringing this topic to the top :)

hmmm what bothers me is also:

Post-accutaners,

how long is it after your treatment and how is your skin condition at the moment????

I need more feedback, especially from people cured thoroughly and forever (I mean, no recurrence...)

I'm really intent on a _complete_ and _permanrnt_ curing this disease and I shall (whatever happens) take another course if I'll have to.

And btw (I almost forgot), Tranceownz, are u after the treatment and how long after, how's your complexion??

I saw your pics - I assume they wer done during the tane - treatment, not before (it's not usually prescibed for such minute acne)

Guest agentx

well ... i have high hopes in accutane ... if it gives me one year of clear skin im happy :) i will gladly take another course. I know i have to wait and i will try not to look for results till 2 months or so into the treatment.

CheerS!

Hey there,

I think it will be tough for you to garner feedback form previous accutane users that are now completly clear for mor ethen 2 years. I am assumming that after being cleared, there will be a lesser need for this message board. Just hang in there, the odds are tremendously in your favor.