Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
catmin

Catmin's Accutane Journal

I would send a picture but the last time I posted a pciture I got yelled at for not having "bad enough skin" :ninja:

Dont' post it in the gallery. Link it directly HERE.

Georgia--did you do it? cut your hair?

Ah Michael, is that really YOU? :clap::cool: so very COOL.... all is well here except have the cold everyone else has gotten in this area...ZITHROMAX time??

Any drug interactions with 'tane on that? Trying to stick to Alka Seltzer Plus, though...

I am still on 10mg per day, and then we are going to try a day off every now and then. I am still scared to go off, but hey if you guys are still alive, then maybe I can...

Want to fly over to FLL before June...checking fares....

Still think we should all take a cruise to celebrate!

XO Betts

Michael: didn't I tell you I'm REALLY a man? :wub:

Actually, I'll probably LOOK like one if I get all my hair whacked off. So, NO, Cat, I haven't done that yet. I'm still trying to talk myself into it.......

thanks, thanks now only if I was better at Math.

Betts, I just took a Z-Pack. It worked. I recall only the cyclines, tetra, mino etc are contraindicated.

I still am on the fence about more school. I am still rollercoaster like in my decision-making.

Georgia, see how straight my hair is? My doc said Accutane did that. I lways had really wavy hair. GEtting my hair was the best thing for it though. It's gowing in like a ficus hedge.

Michael did you go to the Will to Power concert last night??? THanks on the Z note: I think the cold is going fast. Feeling much better here.

Cat, at the risk of repeating myself, did you say you liked Bare Minerals? I keep seeing these ads on tv and am so tempted. Meanwhile, I ordered Clinique online - the brushes and am putting Double Powder Superpowder on, very lightly and it is fine.

I am finally doing much better :clap::clap::clap: but still am left with the feeling of "can I trust my skin again?" And am trying hard to let that go. I can't believe the doc let me go 3 YEARS without concern for scarring before this. It all could have been avoided. Wonder if there is some protocol that Accutane must be proved to be a last resort.

But today, RIGHT NOW, I am pleased. Learning how to live in the moment.

Hugs

Betts

Betts--Im not using Bareminerals. Im using Aromaleigh and like it.

What scarring are you talking abt? I didn't see any in your previous pictures???

Im practically on the same dose as you now....taking 20mgs every 3-4 days (or less than you). Since doing so, I haven't had any little ones crop up or anything.

I hope my hair turns straight like Michael's. I would love not having to deal with straightening tools.

So Georgia--how long IS your hair currently? Dont go any shorter than top of shoulders.....

Cat, my hair is about 19 inches long (crown to end).....and I have bangs that thankfully have grown longer! That's sort of what I'm struggling with...how much to cut off.....I don't want to go above the shoulders, but my problem is that I have 1-2 inch growth all over my head.....surrounded by long strands of hair. I'm definitely getting it cut this week, but I just need to find a new style I'm comfortable with...a new SHORT style. I've had long hair forever, so, it'll be a big change. But I know I have to do something drastic...it just looks ridiculous.

OK Michael, so that headshot is really you? :huh: Awesome. I totally agree that the best thing to do is have my head shaved, leaving only 1-2 inches of growth....I'm just worried that my hair will go into a "non- growth" stage and would never grow back. :evil: Then, my face would start breaking out and there'd be nothing to cover my zits with.....I'd be barefaced and butch looking..... :silenced: Oh the horror, eh?

Betts--Im not using Bareminerals. Im using Aromaleigh and like it.

HMM..I SURE THOUGHT SOMEONE IN OUR LITTLE FAMILY TRIED IT...!! :doubt:

What scarring are you talking abt? I didn't see any in your previous pictures???

JUST RED MARKS....

Im practically on the same dose as you now....taking 20mgs every 3-4 days (or less than you). Since doing so, I haven't had any little ones crop up or anything.

:shifty: AND WE ARE ABOUT AT THE SAME TIME MARKER, I STARTED JUNE 18. AND ABOUT THE SAME HEALING RATE!!! :cool:

I hope my hair turns straight like Michael's. I would love not having to deal with straightening tools.

So Georgia--how long IS your hair currently? Dont go any shorter than top of shoulders.....

:razz: I NEED TO SEE ANOTHER PIC OF Y'ALL!!!! :D

I guess I am the lazy woman's reply today!!!

Oh....I was watching infomercials this weekend :hand: I'm embarrassed to say, and saw a quick one for the songs of the 80s, of which Love Your Way was one. I was curious to see the whole video, went to the website, and emailed some questions and found out that they are still in South FL, very active still, and just happened to have a concert going Sunday night.

Now I want to get the CD. I'd always wondered who sang Love Your Way....the guy Rosenberg is still around but the blonde lead singer - can't find any info on her.

Trivia Time: although this group sang Im not in Love, who was the original singer?

OK, OK, I know this is off topic. But I MUST be feeling better to get interested in normal life again! I'm ready to regain my self esteem which was hit bad by this acne.

Thank heavens for accutane..... :pray:

Cat, I just went to the Aromaleigh site. Sounds good and I want to order. Glad they brought back Pure Cover. I am getting Medium Beige - that sounds like a good old neutral!!!

Thanks for turning us onto this!

OK Betts, crazy email. I think "I'm not in Love" was performed by 10 CC.

Oh....I was watching infomercials this weekend :hand: I'm embarrassed to say, and saw a quick one for the songs of the 80s, of which Love Your Way was one. I was curious to see the whole video, went to the website, and emailed some questions and found out that they are still in South FL, very active still, and just happened to have a concert going Sunday night.

Now I want to get the CD. I'd always wondered who sang Love Your Way....the guy Rosenberg is still around but the blonde lead singer - can't find any info on her.

Trivia Time: although this group sang Im not in Love, who was the original singer?

OK, OK, I know this is off topic. But I MUST be feeling better to get interested in normal life again! I'm ready to regain my self esteem which was hit bad by this acne.

Thank heavens for accutane..... :pray:

Cat, I just went to the Aromaleigh site. Sounds good and I want to order. Glad they brought back Pure Cover. I am getting Medium Beige - that sounds like a good old neutral!!!

Thanks for turning us onto this!

Michael: I do believe you're right about 10CC....bah bah bah bah bah bahhhhhh.....

Wow, Betts. Will to Power did that song when I was a teenager......er, back in the day. Weren't they a kind of "one hit wonder" band?

Well, I got 4 inches cut off yesterday. Yep. Officially the shortest hair I've had in close to 15 years. Just 2 months ago I had 3 inches cut off and another 4 yesterday, so it's pretty short, for me anyway. I'm ok with it. I just hope it grows thicker soon. Looking back at all my old pictures suddenly I'm seeing myself having had thick hair as opposed to what I thought was THIN. Odd.

:whistle: where is everyone? out enjoying this beautiful spring weather? aaaaachooooooo

My hair is really short. I'm starting to have major anxiety about it..... :eh: I think I'll be pulling it up a lot this summer........

It feels like summer to me.

Short hair? Good, the new stuff will grow in healthy.

I saw my dermatologist at the gym yesterday. He is really bitter about being a doctor. He thinks he is not making enough money for all then trouble he has to put up with. I found that strange. I also found it interesting that he did not mention my skin...I noticed for the first time that he has acne scars on the side of his head near his temples. I think they showed up because we were outside and over heated from jogging.

I wanted to show him my Keratosis Pilaris and explain to him the importance of the sleeveless wedding dress but I didn't. :boohoo:

:whistle: where is everyone? out enjoying this beautiful spring weather? aaaaachooooooo

My hair is really short. I'm starting to have major anxiety about it..... :eh: I think I'll be pulling it up a lot this summer........

So Georgia...is your hair shoulder length or shorter...describe your new hairstyle.

Michael--isn't amlactin working on your arms?

I noticed alot of hair shedding today :think: .... do you suppose tapering off the accutane is doing this? :wacko:

Im NOT ready to chop my hair off. I don't have any complaints besides this shedding.

Georgia--have your periods been normal the past couple of months? I notice mine start later and later each month. And is your face normal or oily?

My skin is clear. But still lots of stuff to work on....still have redness/marks/yuckky texture

Im considering restylane for one of my spots but recall Michael didn't like his....

amlactin does not do shit. trhe sun works but then my tan fades and it return.s

chop offf your hair like natalie portman.

My hair is really short. I'm starting to have major anxiety about it..... I think I'll be pulling it up a lot this summer........ Georgia, you will be pulling what up alot this summer? I thought you were married. :shrug:

So Georgia...is your hair shoulder length or shorter...describe your new hairstyle.

Well, it's up to my shoulders, just touching my shoulders really. It kinda looks exactly like it did before, only 4 inches shorter. It's all one length, except for the bangs....and other short ones due to breakage. It's very odd. Like it needs to either be shorter or longer? I guess I should just get used to it, because if it gets any shorter it'll take even LONGER to grow out. UGGH.

About my periods, I've had one since I stopped accutane and it was a few days late and was really heavy. Kinda different from my usual ones, but I'm thinking it was due to the spiro. Yeah, I know I only took two pills, but either that stuff is majorly powerful, or it's accutane withdrawal. My skin is just now beginning to show tiny amounts of oil. I notice it in the mornings when I wake up. I guess I'm ok with it....it just makes me afraid to continue moisturizing...?

Michael said:

My hair is really short. I'm starting to have major anxiety about it..... I think I'll be pulling it up a lot this summer........ Georgia, you will be pulling what up alot this summer? I thought you were married. :shrug:

Michael, you're a bad boy. HAIR. Pulling up HAIR. And I tried to put myself low in the gutter on that one but I still couldn't figure out what you might have interpreted from "pulling it up a lot this summer...." ????? :naughty:

chop offf your hair like natalie portman.

:evil: :evil: I don't like your advice. It stinks. I had tht pixie cut in my mid-20's and hated it.

PLUS.... short hair would make me feel so exposed (long hair feels like it helps with certain marks and spots)

Georgia--how come you didn't get any layers in your hair? wouldn't tht help blend in the shorter pieces.

By the way, my revision for comb injury turned out well. The 'V' is gone, and it's smoothing out.

Yeah...im stumped by the 'pulling up alot' thing as well.... what's being pulled? :liar: :liar: IM scared

pulling up your skirt

:redface:

Cat, we considered layering my hair, but it's too thin....I'd look bald. I've often thought about shaving my head like Natalie......get rid of the years of highlights, etc......but I'm too chicken.

Glad to hear your "comb wound" is gone!

pulling up your skirt

:rolleyes:

Cat, we considered layering my hair, but it's too thin....I'd look bald. I've often thought about shaving my head like Natalie......get rid of the years of highlights, etc......but I'm too chicken.

If you're going to go short... do it in stages. Had my hair chopped off in my 20's and it felt sooo drastic.

I Don;t understand how making another wound clears away a scar. I am glad tohear this is working but it does not make sense.

well, the "v" is not there anymore, and Im less self-conscious abt it. The color is different (for now?) but it definitely is a REVISION from what it looked like before.

Im leaving for Cancun tonight. My kids are on spring break and we're due for a holiday....

"see you" next week :wub: