Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
catmin

Catmin's Accutane Journal

ok, what is waffling?

Gams, the last thing I want to tkae right now is mroe ACcutnae. It is probably the least addictive drug in the Cosmos. the thought of taking it right now makes my body ache and then I bend over and heave.

As far as your hair, DON'T WIG OUT. Sorry I had to say that. Accordning to my derm, it always grows back so that part you can put out of your mind.

I was lucky I guess. I don;t think I lost a single hair but I have an Italian topiary on my head that clearly runs in the family. I don't think baldness is in my future. Even my 50 year old brother has wig-like hair.

THanks for the congrats on the settlement. If you only had seen me when this happened. :popcorn: IT was like a bad movie.

I saw bareback mountain last night. I cried and had a little hold over depression when I woke up. I know better than to watch those movies. I have enough sadness. I don;t need to wear anyone else's even for a night. Spoken like a true psychologist.

Enjoyed those detailed posts!

OK, first off all Michael, thank you for the funnies.... 30,000 toilet paper.... :teehee:

I know who to ask for help if Im in tht situation.... (just don't charge me 30,000....I'll send you a couple cases of charmin...scented if you'd like)

Your car sounds gorgeous...when will you get it (I recall you putting in an order for it) I know you're not going to let Brad and the gang in tht car!

It'll be interesting to see if the house lady will sell ..... do update...

Georgia--what is the waffle thing? Im sure I would've remembered you talking abt this before but I don't. Are you talking abt skin texture or what? If I stand in my closet , with the light right above my head, abt 4 feet away from the mirror...I look absolutely horrible. I prefer the way I look in sunlight than fluorescent lights too. I've stayed away from the drycleaners...awful lights in there!

Hmmm...abt the hair thing...is it your observant husband noticing it? Did he take a picture again?

Im ready to be done with accutane too. Im making an appt. with 2 other cosmetic surgeons for a second/third opinion. They offer Fraxel laser and Rytec portrait laser(sp?) , which my current derm doesn't.

I don't know what I'll do if my zits come back after this course. I miss my pre-acne face from last year... :boohoo:

oh Georgia....I would be pissed if the pharmacy did tht. THEY'RE the ones who didn't have enough accutane and they actually wanted YOU to get another :xxx: sticker. Is this the same pharm. tht demanded an I-pledge card a couple months too early? My pharmacy made a mistake yesterday...similar to yours or Beths months ago. Im supposed to get 90 pills of 40mgs for 30 days =120mgs daily...so instead of giving me 90 x 40mg...they gave me 120 pills x40mg.... oops.... (Im not taking 120mg daily though....Im doing 100mgs....I still have 20mgs tht were prescribed way back)

Nice to hear from you Betts. How are you doing?

Beth, I miss you. I want to hear abt makeup stuff....

Cat, the pharmacy I've been using is a chain drugstore and there are three of them near where I live. I switched to the second one when the first one pulled the premature i-pledge card thing. Thankfully there's a third one to go to.....they're the only pharmacies in town that have the Sotret. I guess I can always go back to the first one since I'll have my I-pledge card? Do you actually HAVE A CARD?

Waffling: refers to the texture of my skin, sort of a waffle-look where massive breakouts occured, slightly indenting an area of my skin. NOTHING like "ice-picking" which looks 100 times worse. My derm said the smooth beam laser would probably take care of it? Remember I mentioned that? I hope I won't have to do much, as I am a poor girl. :comfort: We'll see.

Cat, it's funny how you know EXACTLY where NOT to stand while looking at yourself. :doh: I recently had to do a test shot in front of a video camera and I cringed while watching it play back. I looked so tired and my face was horrible. The camera shows everything. At that moment I was convinced that I need an extreme makeover. I need new makeup. The kind that covers imperfections. I thought the stuff I had was good enough. BUT NOPE.

Michael, I want to see Brokeback Mtn. but the only movies I get to see are animated. I guess I'll have to wait til it comes out on video.....I'm sure I'll need tons of tissue.....I cry at anything. :cry:

Now it seems to me that the police will NOT have access to the records. This is against HIPAA rules, I believe. This is against personal privacy regulations, in my opinion. It is so ludicrous that elderly patients on accutane for other reasons still have to abide by these regulations :doubt:

I am back on 10mg per day. And I have 2 as of today, one red mark and one small cyst on the chin. Might be the HRT formulation?? I did go for several days in a row without any activity, and the red marks from what you saw last summer are fading a bit.

I'm on amnesteem instead of brand, could that be it??

Cat, how long have I been on? This small dose since June 18, still has improved my skin but I no longer want it to be an issue.

Wonder if there have been any studies on the the one-two punch of high doses for 4 mo versus long treatment on small dose....

Everyone else sounds clear!!!! Hope I catch up!!

WOnder what you guys all feel about the HIPAA regulations, vs accutane ones. Remember, that accutane is also used to treat discoid, subcutaneous lupus, some times of cancer, and other keratinization disorders.

Anyway, will check in later

XXOO Betts

Betts: I learned a little something about HIPAA last week in a PIO class I had to take....In the context I was learning about it, it really limits the amount of info first responders and spokespersons can release about a victim, particularly to the media. But for a controlled substance, such as accutane, I would imagine law enforcement would have more access to pharmacy records? I know investigators can access pharmacy records showing how many times a person might have received/filled a narcotic-prescription drug. There's sort of a built in measure to "red flag" any activity that might be considered illegal or addictive. That's usually to catch drug abusers, but how that relates to accutane is beyond me. The drug is hardly addictive and who in their right mind would want to purposely get pregnant, knowing they could be growing a demon spawn? Then again, there is a major difference between adults and teens....and how responsible people are, right?

On another topic you wrote about Betts: My derm rattled off a number of ailments that accutane treats, prevents, etc....just like you said. He really takes an easy going stance on the drug. Unlike his staff....

WHICH LEADS ME TO MY DERM VISIT FRIDAY......UGGGGH. :xxx:

I was hoodwinked. My derm (dr. tim mcgraw) was busy in surgery that morning, so I had NO choice but to see a new derm....a NEW LADY DOC, who informed me that I had been on accutane for WAY too long and it was time to get off of it. She said I had been on it since July, and I corrected her and said "May"..... :whistle: She couldn't believe the dose I had been taking and said my acne was probably hormonal and that she'd let me do one more month of accutane and then we'd try spironolactone. >:( OK, so for those paying attention, did I not ask several months ago if my acne could be hormonal? And did I not have all kinds of bloodwork done to check my hormones, especially for PCOS? Cat, you might remember all of this? I WAS FIT TO BE TIED. So, as I made my way to the checkout, I quietly, discreetly asked the appointment scheduler to make sure my next appointment was with Dr. McGraw......and she said loudly, "I'm sorry. The soonest you can see him is APRIL!" I was steaming. I made my appointment with the lady doc and stormed out. I must be the unluckiest patient in the world. Why does this keep happening? I was so happy with the one doctor... it should be illegal to have rotating docs. Everyone has a different opinion and it's very confusing to the patient. Now what am I supposed to do? HELP!!

it should be illegal to have rotating docs. Everyone has a different opinion and it's very confusing to the patient.

I couldn't agree with you more! It's frustrating to see a diff doc who has a diff opinion of what you should be doing. But on the other hand, much of "medical science" is based on the opinion of the dr... many diff things might work and based on the particular doc's experience they'll go a particular route. I often think they don't KNOW much, they just have a lot of knowledge and make educated attempts at applying it.

Sorry you're going thru this...

I didn't realize there were posts!

When I first started breaking out, I was hoping to go the spiro route. (although my bloodwork didn't show signs of pcos, nor did I have any of the physical symptoms) Spiro works wonders (remember Karmagirl?) but you'd still be getting bloodwork regularly to check blood pressure & potassium levels (I THINK>>>don't quote me)

Georgia--I don't think its a bad idea. Like Karma was saying, sometimes it (pcos) doesn't up 'clearly' in bloodwork...depending on time of month, etc..hormonal shifts ect... I do agree we've (esp. you) have been on this longer than most, and we're both at higher doses) The only thing is, you could be taking spiro for YEARS ( don't ask me the exact mechanisms of what it blocks and so on) At least though, you'll still be one more month on accutane. That IS a long time. Hopefully the accutane has altered your pimple glands enough to a point tht if pimples come...they leave fast without a trace. Im hoping my derm will tell me its time to stop soon. IM just so ready to deal with revision stuff.(though my face continues to improve...I just hope I get to keep these tight non-oily pores. I will gladly take a maintenance dosage to keep large pores/oil at bay.

Will it be Dr McGraw who's going to laser you? Did he mention how long after accutane you can do work? Mine has done patients whilst on accutane.

Georgia--as for the I-pledge card, it really is a plastic card we have to carry around. I have mine already...Im a number in the system.

Betts--nice to hear from you. Did you ever get a second opinion on your situation. I recall you mentioned talking to Michael's derm. If Im at 7 months...you're close to 8 months. I don't remember what week Im in anymore.

My side effects are just dry skin and lips. No joint pains. Occassionally I get a headache but it goes away with tylenol. The best side effects are no pores and no oil.

Hey Cat.....

Yeah, I guess the spiro wouldn't be a BAD thing.....I AM ready to be off accutane, but it was just the lady doc's tone and attitude, you know? I've been doing some reading on spiro and, like 'tane, some people have success with it, others don't. So, I guess there's no real way of knowing.

About the laser, I probably won't have anything done there. They treat me like a red-headed step child, so why would I want to give them any of my $$? Also, I hardly trust them to do me justice, you know? Do I sound bitter? :angry:

Dr. "mcgraw" said he believed in maintenance dosing and I felt pretty sure he would presribe one for me, but this lady doc will probably not agree. So, whatever. I'm kinda dreading my next appt because I know that scheduler probably ran her mouth about me wanting to see Dr. "mcgraw"..... :xxx:

Oh yeah, about i-pledge, it doesn't start in GA until March (according to lady doc)....she tossed that in, adding that it was just one more reason not to continue with accutane.....I'd have to go online and fill out questionaires......if she only knew my woes from day one on this stuff, eh?

The best part of being on accutane has been meeting you guys! And the less-oily skin has been nice, too!

Betts

You asked about low dose-long term versus shorter term high dose...there is a ton of info suggesting that the latter is better.

Gamar

THat is bad about the rotating doctor situation but I agree that you haev been on this drug a long time. I am not trying to scare you into action but even after you stop, the side effects continue both good and bad. I have been completely off since December and I Still have joint problems that I nmever had pre-accutane.

AS afar as the battling hormone argument, you need to demand that your doctors get together and provide you with a diagnosis of concensus. You should call the office manager and tell this person what your experience has been with the disappearing disagreeing doctor routine.

Betts

You asked about low dose-long term versus shorter term high dose...there is a ton of info suggesting that the latter is better.

Yeah, but no one would put me on that especially with high cholesterol..but i still have LOW triglycerides!!!??...and with my age...Although I wish it could have happened.

So, Cat and I are still on accutane at 8 months? We started the same time. Somewhere in this thread I remember that, or she started a bit after me.

With Gams, I wonder why the doctors are rotating, and I hope there is a way that you can insist on seeing the derm who is on your wave length...

Michael, I think it is so strange that I have NEVER had side effects except for dry lips. NO joint pain at all, and before I went on accutane I did have joint pain. Weird.

More later. I want to see pictures if anyone is inclined to send them.

Hugs

Betts

Howdy! :wavey:

I've been thinking about you all! Work's been so crazy for so long now that I have not had time to check in! Georgia, I loved your comment about the red headed step child. I can so understand how you feel about having to see another doctor. I think that is a very strange practice. If this guy is your doctor, why would they give you an appointment with someone else? I only ever see a different doc. if mine's on vacation or something like that. I agree with Michael, you should definitely complain about the treatment.

Quickie update on how things are going 2 months post-Accutane:

Hair is good - I have to wash it every other day (used to be every day). It's behaving a little better since going off. I don't see that I am losing any more or less hair. I don't think I was losing more while I was on Tane though.

Skin's good! A tiny bit of oil has returned, so I'm like, NORMAL now. The only thing is I have a few tiny little bumpies on each side close to my jaw. They're not pimples. They've been hanging out there for a couple of weeks now. I don't know what they are. Going for a facial probably this week, so maybe the esthetician can shed some light on it.. ? Or at least do something to smooth things out.

My cuticles are back. :( Not happy about that. Oh well.

I don't feel any more achy in the joint area than I did after my first course. I really can't say if Accutane has had a lasting effect in that area. I kind of think that maybe it did on my knees. They've been kinda bad for awhile, but I feel like they got a bit more achy after Tane. I should really get them checked out at some point.

Overall, very happy. I still have I think 40 pills left, which I will hoard for as long as I can to use in emergency situations!

I've had I think 2 pimples try to materialize. One was forming on my upper lip in the evening last week, but was completely gone by the next morning.

I've done the water only routine in the morning sometimes as well. No problems with it.

Hey Cat! Awww you missed me! :D I missed all of you too!! I am still using Aromaleigh Pure Cover (just opened up the last of my reserves - I wonder if the disco'd it yet). I'm running out of my current mascara, so am thinking of trying something new. Are you still using the one with the rubber flexy wand? I am thinking of either trying that or the new volumizing 2 step one from L'Oreal...

Michael, congrats on your purchase!! I actually just got a new car as well, on Sunday. I've spent the last 2 months driving myself and everyone around me crazy trying to decide what to get and what was reasonable to pay. I'm happy the whole thing's over and also very happy with my choice! Vroom vroom!!

Gotta get back to work for now, I'll try to check in at home so I can spend more time replying to posts. I saw a bunch of things I wanted to respond to, but am doing a minimized half screen because I'm at work and don't want anyone to see that I'm online, AND that I'm online at Acne.org! LOL...

Talk to y'll later, Accutane buddies!

Hey guys!! Sorry it's taken so long to respond to all of your great advice! I think I will talk to this new doctor about it on my next appt. I am ready to be off accutane, so I agree that it is time. I've been pretty clear for a while now. Funny though, I can still see a couple of bumps under my skin (one on my left cheek and another on my chin). Odd that all of this accutane I've taken hasn't forced them out, eh? :doh: Oh well, maybe this other stuff will work. We'll see?

I'm so glad everyone else seems to be doing great! Beth, so glad you're still seeing results! Even with a little one here or there, at least they're going away fast! Cat, how's it going with you? Still clear?

Michael, it's funny you mentioned the aches and pains.....I've TOTALLY felt them this week. My lower back pain is back and I've felt really sluggish this week. I'm seriously thinking of decreasing my dose or even quitting since I'm not continuing past this month. I'll see how I feel, I guess. I hate to hear that the aches continue post-tane. I hope my hair grows back. My cousin saw me for the first time since Christmas and she nearly fell out......like my hair! :dance: (I know you hate that guy!!)

Anyway, everybody stay WARM!!! Burrr.....

well, LOL, I'M warm :shhh:

I am wondering about this: we all seem to be hoarding, and worried about post 'tane life?!

THe other thing I think is interesting is that I seem to have NO side effects, muscles etc seem to be fine, in fact this is the best I have felt in years physically. Brings me back to what the GP said: "You may have a problem in that you might not be able to process Vitamin A normally".

Wonder if that is what our problem, in general, is" we can't process Vitamin A" normally. Just a thought, here. Makes sense to me.

Betts

Betts

I hate to sound like a broken record but you are not having side effects becuase you are not at a high dose. None of my side effects started until I began 1.5 mg/kg and above.

Yep, I have to agree, Betts! Your dose probably isn't high enough to cause any bad side effects. It may only be equivalent to a bag of carrots per day? :lol: ?????

I'm just kidding there....but seriously, my dose is 6 times yours. You're probably just getting a decent amount of good ole Vit. A everyday. But, I'm no doc. You should ask your doc exactly WHAT the plan is, you know? Like, do we clear soon, or anytime in the next 10 years? Because at that low dose, it could take forever. :wall: Right?

:wub: HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!!!! :wub:

LOL :lol: Michael: ahhh....I hope I am not getting any more forgetful, yes, I know you said that. I will try to see your derm when I get off island and see what he thinks. I'm ready for a little trip -- somewhere!

Gams, yes, I wonder about the low dose, all the time. I don't know why the one-two punch was never utilized in my case. In any event, I am intending to do what maintenance I can.

Cat dear, how are you doing today?

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!

I hate to scare anyone or be the bearer of bad news but my shoulder are a mess again. My face looks very clear but I am scared. :xxx: I am seeing the doc again. I might go on a maintenance dose before my face goes south.

What a cute smilie :comfort: but really, i am thining this :nuke:

Well, that should answer Betts question about why we're all concerned about post accutane..... I too am worried about breaking out again once I stop accutane. :(

UPDATE: week 33

Im back to 80mgs a day (was doing 100 here and there) as my arm/leg eczema is acting up.

No funny aches or pains...occassional headaches and neck twinges

STILL getting stupid little ones here and there. They're different from pimples. They heal in a day or two, and just before they dry up and away, its kind of watery (as opposed to pus?) :shifty: and I have to dab it with a tissue or spot it with tht sulfur rx I have. :sick:

My lips are dry, with side slits (am I sounding like a broken record?....aren't we all sounding like one now?)

Eczema is back.

Hair feels fine...not as dry as it was before...I don't know why

Still getting nose scabs every now and then.

Felt a twinge of something brewing on along eyelashes. Saw a bump there too...then it just went away in abt a day.

STill have red marks...still obvious 'something' happened to my face.

Still emotional over this whole breakout last May and how I miss my old face... :boohoo:

However, the hydroquinone 4% and retin-a micro combo is helping my face achieve a more even tone. My face is flaking and peeling and helping to smooth things out. I have a sneaky feeling the retin-a is also pushing out these new pimples. I can't smile too much because it hurts and makes peeling lines in my face....similar to what I experienced when I used obagi a few years back.

Had my blood drawn today and it looks like a bruiser. My derm appt is next Friday. IM so ready to come offfff. But I really don't want to deal with bigger zits and oily skin .... just don't feel 'cured' yet.

Georgia-- will you have more bloodwork to test for pcos. I'm wondering if tht is the root of your hair thinning (no pun intended with the root) ;)

Glad to hear you are clear.

Are you still on tht lifestyle change (foodwise/water) My weight fluctuates between 100-104 . I thought I would've been back to my 112 Ibs by now, withall the sweets I consume.

Beth--my cuticles are back too.Wonder if one can be immune to accutane. But....it is affecting me since my leg/hand/arms are scaly again.

Im panicking with the purecover makeup. They decided NOT to discontinue the purecover, but will be offering a few shades only. However, they want to get rid of surplus before replenishing the rest.

damn.... so if you have any 2N tht you don't want.....send it my way. Nothing i've tried covers this well.

Im just glad the 2N will be an offered shade but why torture us and make us wait????

Sounds like your skin is behaving! HOw did the facial go?

Im finding I can wash my hair evey 3 days.

I stocked up on the rubber bristled mascara...love it.

oh, what sunscreen are you using now? I find tht with the anthelios (roche posay), if I'm heavy handed with the purecover it starts separating on the skin, looking blotchy and uneven.

I think of you everytime I buy makeup products...funny huh? I ordered Origins tinted lipstick/gloss in chocolate cream and Jo Malone fragrance. (the basil/lime)

Betts....hope you're well

Michael--I know you are making faces as you read the makeup portion of this.

Damn your shoulders. Was your trip to Maine fruitful???? Are you getting any oil back on your face?

Maybe "Betts' dosage is just what you need for your shoulders.

How are you!!! How's G.Bush?

I wonder how ADD girl is doing

I miss our daily chats. I've been naughty with the shopping again.

Hey Cat/Everyone....

Cat, I don't know about the bloodwork....seems like she said I would have to continue that, but my standing order expired last week, and they didn't give me a new one. I may call before my appt to find out. But I'll wait as long as I can....that place makes me crazy :wacko:

Anyone getting skin tags from accutane? I noticed on on my neck and it's been driving me nuts. I guess I must have messed with it too much because it sort of turned black and fell off? :shrug:

I've been really tired lately.......

:injured: I just took a green pill and feel really weird. Anwya, my shoulders have all these tiney pumps. If I squeeze them alittle bit of sebum might comeout but often nmothing comes out. they are tiny but I am covered on my upper arms. they are not red, they do not itch,.

UPDATE: week 33

Beth--my cuticles are back too.Wonder if one can be immune to accutane. But....it is affecting me since my leg/hand/arms are scaly again.

Im panicking with the purecover makeup. They decided NOT to discontinue the purecover, but will be offering a few shades only. However, they want to get rid of surplus before replenishing the rest.

damn.... so if you have any 2N tht you don't want.....send it my way. Nothing i've tried covers this well.

Im just glad the 2N will be an offered shade but why torture us and make us wait????

Sounds like your skin is behaving! HOw did the facial go?

Im finding I can wash my hair evey 3 days.

I stocked up on the rubber bristled mascara...love it.

oh, what sunscreen are you using now? I find tht with the anthelios (roche posay), if I'm heavy handed with the purecover it starts separating on the skin, looking blotchy and uneven.

I think of you everytime I buy makeup products...funny huh? I ordered Origins tinted lipstick/gloss in chocolate cream and Jo Malone fragrance. (the basil/lime)

Yay! I'm so glad they decided not to discontinue the Pure Cover! (I obviously have not been on their site in awhile!) I actually might have some 2N laying around. Over the years I've collected quite a few jars of shades that didn't work or mixtures that I made and neglected to label so I keep them JUST IN CASE. I'll check for you ;)

So I decided to try the L'Oreal 2 Step Volumizing. Horrible! Apparently volumizing means clumping a bunch of your lashes together to look like a few big fat lashes. On the commercial, the girl gets into the elevator and everyone is staring at her "volumized" lashes. I think they're really staring at her thinking, "How could she leave the house like that?!" It's going back!! I'll have to try the rubber bristle one.

I have been very lax with the sunblock. It always makes my face feel so.... suffocated! I don't think they can make a sunblock that works that doesn't feel like you have something on. So I am just using my regular lotion which has a 15 SPF in it and hope that the combination of that and the mineral makeup will be enough. It's actually nice to take a more relaxed approach. I'm not out in the sun much anyway. If I'm going to be on a bike ride or outside for an extended period of time I'll slap on the 100 SPF Bioderma.

I still have not gotten the facial. I am planning on it for this weekend! REALLY! My b/f will kill me if I don't use it soon as he got it for me for Xmas. My little facial bumpies are still there, and are increasing! I've got a bunch of little ones on my cheeks near jawline, and then one here and there near chin and eyebrow, etc. I don't know what to do! I tried doing some research online but can't find anything clear. Could it just be clogged pores? I have something similar on the sides of my upper arms, but those have been there for years, through Accutane use and exfoliationg, etc. What the HECK are these things?! I didn't go through that whole treatment to get rid of acne just to be bumpy! At least they are small and not noticeable... until I am washing my face and feel them :(

My nails looked SOOO much better on Accutane!

Anyone getting skin tags from accutane? I noticed on on my neck and it's been driving me nuts. I guess I must have messed with it too much because it sort of turned black and fell off? :shrug:

I've been really tired lately.......

No skintags here. I did get them when I was pregnant though; they went away post-pregnancy.

How many do you have?

:injured: I just took a green pill and feel really weird. Anwya, my shoulders have all these tiney pumps. If I squeeze them alittle bit of sebum might comeout but often nmothing comes out. they are tiny but I am covered on my upper arms. they are not red, they do not itch,.

could it be tht kerastis pilatosis (sounds something like that)

green pill=isotretinoin? my pills are yellow.

Did you get the house?????

I actually might have some 2N laying around. Over the years I've collected quite a few jars of shades that didn't work or mixtures that I made and neglected to label so I keep them JUST IN CASE. I'll check for you ;)

I would be grateful! :wub:

My little facial bumpies are still there, and are increasing! I've got a bunch of little ones on my cheeks near jawline, and then one here and there near chin and eyebrow, etc. I don't know what to do! I tried doing some research online but can't find anything clear. Could it just be clogged pores? I have something similar on the sides of my upper arms, but those have been there for years, through Accutane use and exfoliationg, etc. What the HECK are these things?! I didn't go through that whole treatment to get rid of acne just to be bumpy! At least they are small and not noticeable... until I am washing my face and feel them :(

My nails looked SOOO much better on Accutane!

is it like milia? a friend of mine had hers removed manually by a derm. The doc had to 'needle' it out. she wasn't left with marks after tht. But these were mostly in the undereye area.

Lucky its not red!

I ordered some vanicream spf (from national allergy supply), for my daughter, as she can't handle

a lot of ingredients. Vanicream is for people with eczema, sensitive skin etc. I'll have to try it for my 'delicate' tane face.

Have a great weekend all!

I don;t get it. who gets bumps on the back of their arms? Thewy are not pimples, I don;t think. AS far as the house, I htink I made too low of an offer and the old lday got mad.

I don;t get it. who gets bumps on the back of their arms? Thewy are not pimples, I don;t think. AS far as the house, I htink I made too low of an offer and the old lday got mad.

Michael, it DOES sound like keratosis pilaris....

Cat, we now have been on like 8 and 7 months, I think, without a break. I think it's interesting that the idea of a break was never brought up, I don't believe....like you, I am wondering: What caused this sudden breakout in the first place? And, like you I'm missing the old days. Because I started on this a full two years after it started, I have been left with red marks, too, and scars...and wonder if I'd gone on accutane earlier, the scars, the panic, etc., could have been avoided.

Beth, if the bumpies have a white area primarily, it's milia. I used to have these, they are easily gotten rid of, are nicked and lifted out. And don't scar.

Have a good weekend, will check in later....

Hugs

Betts