Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
catmin

Catmin's Accutane Journal

Cat, I can't believe you're going to have houseguests for 2 weeks.  I would totally nut up.  WHAT are you going to do?  I'd have to wake up at the crack of dawn to put my makeup on so they wouldn't see my uglies.  Anyway, yep, I think it was easy to picture you because of your name "Catmin", though I'm sure that's not your REAL name.....?

And I don't think I'd appreciate my doc telling me that about calling another doctor if you don't trust him....WHATEVER.  Sounds like he needs a pill.  I'd ask away, if only to watch him squirm.

CT:  Funny about the stalking fan lol.gif

Betts:  Where are you?  Please Please Please don't take offense to the Mrs. Garrett thing....I couldn't even remember her name.....and I can't help the first person that entered my mind was her!  She was such a loving, caring and giving person and you so remind me of her!! wub.gif

I don't think Betts is offended! I thought it was rather cute!

I don't knw what to do abt the guests--they're family on husband's side. At this point, Im thinking Im keeping the bozo look on all day. Im more worried abt cooking and all tht stuff. (and they'll have stories abt ugly me to tell to the inlaws..)

How could you imagine what I look like by the 'catmin' ? my brain is not working...explain...

Abt the doc. and the referral thing---perhaps he thinks Im neurotic with all my questions and worries ,tht Im scared Im not on the right treatment, etc...therefore he wanted to 'reassure' me tht other docs will have the same opinion???? you know, since the uc medicals have all the professors and so on, they review what treatment derm is providing, and they 'comment' or critique. My derm says 'they'll tell you the same thing Im telling you'.... I am pretty neurotic when I go there...come on ....letting me out the back door so no one sees me????...not having to wait with other patients..... wacko.gif

hey, I wonder why I keep humming the 'facts of life' tune...

CT

That is funny....voo doo with more red dots on it would terrify me at this point though.

"Cat....couple things....the injections you may want to consider moving away from. I had three, and one of those seems to have scared. It seems like if one out of three of mine has scared you might not want to have so many injections. Not that I know it all....just an observation."

Im addicted. What does the scarring look like?

I had a couple tht atrophied, but has evened out eventually. So now, that's why I get tht handmirror and chose which ones to inject. I usually get the ones near the hairline as they're not so obvious if it were to scar. That's why my right side still has tht #$#$% inflammation because Im not getting it injected.

CT, reading the rest of your post made me sad. Your husband (Brad)sounds wonderful....plus tht romantic gettaway ....

I feel like people will be/are talking abt my skin too..hush hush...poor cat...did you hear what happened to her...

My poor husband is very worried abt me and my withdrawal from friends/family. He's been wonderfully supportive and not insisting on me doing/going places where I feel I will be uncomfortable. He's been spending more time wiht the kids out and Im so grateful! I have been feeling guilty ALOT lately abt my kids..and abt making my husband do everything. He tells me I'll always be beautiful to him...and sometimes tht makes me cry because I just looked in the mirror and err...

My mom is sad to see me like this. When she first saw me she was really shocked (the look on her face) She sees how much I've withdrawn but she doens't ask too many questions abt the treatment (I dont go into detail with her abt side effects) She'll freak!

I too, am glad we can talk abt this here. No one really 'gets' it unless they're in this situation.

I looked and I could not find it. I would like to see who I am talking to. I know the expression I was just being crazy. post it again adn tell me where to find your and catmin,

PB&G:  It's just an expression...you know, the "jury's still out" hasn't made a decision?  About how you look?  But, you've got a photo in the gallery, right?  I'll have to go look......!

OK guys.....I got a picture on my board.....look quick, because I don't want my fans to find out where I am......

CT

That is funny....voo doo with more red dots on it would terrify me at this point though.

"Cat....couple things....the injections you may want to consider moving away from. I had three, and one of those seems to have scared. It seems like if one out of three of mine has scared you might not want to have so many injections. Not that I know it all....just an observation."

Im addicted. What does the scarring look like?

I had a couple tht atrophied, but has evened out eventually. So now, that's why I get tht handmirror and chose which ones to inject. I usually get the ones near the hairline as they're not so obvious if it were to scar. That's why my right side still has tht #$#$% inflammation because Im not getting it injected.

CT, reading the rest of your post made me sad.  Your husband (Brad)sounds wonderful....plus tht romantic gettaway ....

I feel like people will be/are talking abt my skin too..hush hush...poor cat...did you hear what happened to her...

My poor husband is very worried abt me and my withdrawal from friends/family. He's been wonderfully supportive and not insisting on me doing/going places where I feel I will be uncomfortable. He's been spending more time wiht the kids out and Im so grateful!  I have been feeling guilty ALOT lately abt my kids..and abt making my husband do everything. He tells me I'll always be beautiful to him...and sometimes tht makes me cry because I just looked in the mirror and err...

My mom is sad to see me like this. When she first saw me she was really shocked (the look on her face)  She sees how much I've withdrawn but she doens't ask too many questions abt the treatment (I dont go into detail with her abt side effects) She'll freak!

I too, am glad we can talk abt this here. No one really 'gets' it unless they're in this situation.

CAtmin

do you sometimes have really good skin and then like 8 hours later akk hell breaks lose. I feel like my skin is so dry that the dryness might be clogging my pores. When it should be pouring my clogs. I am so tired of this. Clog on....

eusa_wall.gif

[attachmentid=1846]CAT's picture again.

BEGONE , Im going to smack you for being a slowpoke. Here, i will post it again, quickly look before i remove it again!

CT said"It's just an ugly red mark. I can hide it w/ makeup but I got into this war to be makeup free in the end ( I'm a cosmetics junkie, but I like a naked face every once in a while)."

Oh Poo....reds mark will eventually fade; stop scaring me! I thought you meant like a hole-y thing.

CT said "So side bar, I am going off the pill. It is making my melasma way worse. I am relying solely on condoms (sorry to be so graphic and put the image of a zitty Sandra Bullock having sex w/ kinda Brad Pitt in your heads)! Is that so dangerous? I mean, I've NEVER heard a grown up get pregnant while using condoms....right? Your suppossed to use two methods of birth control but that is probably over zealous."

My gynecologist gave me a very very very long lecture when I brought up just condoms. I felt like I was in highschool again. eusa_shifty.gif

Im to be fitted with one of those latex thing-a-majigs as the other birth control. And, he didn't even think tht would be 'safe' enough. He is suggesting an IUD but tht gives me the heebeejeebies (sp?) He prescribed an emergency pill (plan B) in the mean time (pm me if you have questions abt this) Talk to your gyne--you too will get a lecture, and Im sure from anyone reading these threads too eusa_naughty.gif

and so now Im imagining sandra and brad eusa_whistle.gif

If Im not mistaken, you know all tht paperwork we had to read/sign before signing our life away to accutane? well, tht supposedly registers and tracks us in the govt's (?)or 'to whom it concerns' database for pregnancy monitoring...sounds bizzarre doesn't it? Ask your derm next time ....see what he/she says.

CT also said "Another question....are any of you guys having the occaional drink? i had a strong magarita and woke up w/ the blood vessel thing....could there be a connection. No booze, zits, and condoms....all that's missing is a prom dress! smile.gif

You are just as funny as Gamar! I love the bit abt the prom. Well, after reading abt your blood vessel thing, Im staying away from liquor. Im already dreadful looking...knowing my luck right now, it'll happen to both eyes....

hmmm, maybe someone made a voodoo of you and poking your eyes....

Begone said "do you sometimes have really good skin and then like 8 hours later akk hell breaks lose."

Errr, no, I haven't had 'good' skin in abt 2- 3 months now. It changes everyday and Im sooo tired of looking like this. Now hurry up and look at the photo so I can remove it before my nieces & nephews discover Im posting here.

Chris--I just realized you 've been on accutane before--how long did it take you to clear then? and you are breaking out worse now than before? Were you on the same dosage before? You're still on 30mg now? sorry for all the questions--btw, I think you should check abt getting bloodwork done JUST TO BE SAFE.

Hi to all you guys,

I am 37 and female and I live in the UK. I have had acne on and off since I was 13. Five years ago I had cystic acne and it looks like the outbreak I am having now is going the same way. My skin on this occassion has been getting slowly worse since January and now things are really bad. Jut thought I would reply to the having guests thing as I have my sister and family coming today and my skin is ugly and painful! I am determined to enjoy their company though - just try not to focus on aching cyst on chin! Two of my children are teenagers and they both have pretty good skin. It makes me feel kind of freakish though. I cried on my 17 yr old daughter's shoulder last night and she said she still thought I was pretty - and maybe I am to her.

Hi Guys, here I am!!! It's Betts with her favorite movie character. I am checking in, and can't believe that CT and I are in Boston the same time. It is beautiful here, and I am in the burbs now.

I am using that Toleraine line from La Roche Posay, and having good results, no irritation. Taking every day as it comes.

It was really HOT in Boston 2 days ago. As I live nearer Venezuela than the states, it reminded me of home.

I think because of the zombie, and a bit of OCD, I find myself getting to be a bit like Monk; want to wash hands after touching subway railings, etc. Anyone else feel that way??

Anyhow, am on a friends computer. OFF for low, hugs to all of us....LOL, me included.

Who is Mrs. Garrett?? Near south america maybe we miss those shows....

LOL

Kais

I look pretty scary right now and considering stopping treatment. I am soooo dry. I hate it.

Cat, I can't believe you're going to have houseguests for 2 weeks.  I would totally nut up.  WHAT are you going to do?  I'd have to wake up at the crack of dawn to put my makeup on so they wouldn't see my uglies.   Anyway, yep, I think it was easy to picture you because of your name "Catmin", though I'm sure that's not your REAL name.....?

And I don't think I'd appreciate my doc telling me that about calling another doctor if you don't trust him....WHATEVER.  Sounds like he needs a pill.  I'd ask away, if only to watch him squirm.

CT:  Funny about the stalking fan lol.gif

Betts:  Where are you?  Please Please Please don't take offense to the Mrs. Garrett thing....I couldn't even remember her name.....and I can't help the first person that entered my mind was her!  She was such a loving, caring and giving person and you so remind me of her!! wub.gif

OK....first let me say the Mrs Garett thing is hilarious, and Betts is cool and I am sure she is out doing fun things and not making a voo-doo doll in your likeness.

Cat....couple things....the injections you may want to consider moving away from. I had three, and one of those seems to have scared. It seems like if one out of three of mine has scared you might not want to have so many injections. Not that I know it all....just an observation.

I also wanted to ask you how your husband and family (not the young kiddies, b/c we've discussed this) are taking this whole thing. My husband is very supportive. It is tough for me b/c he is movie star good looking....really, he is Brad Pitt-ish. This is not a delusional wife talking b/c we have been married for ten years, people are always commenting on his good looks. It's tough for me though as I feel less than beautiful going through this. We all feel your pain. While I am over the hermit phase, I still am pretty yucky in the skin dept.....and w/ the blood shot eye and melasma, it's enough to make a girl climb a watch tower. It's kinda funny b/c when my skin was at the HORRID point in this treatment my husband would say "you have the most beautiful eyes". So much for that....I think of what you said often, about this experience being so humbling. It really is....

Anyway, my Mother is horrified by what Accutane has done/is doing to my skin. She tries to get my husband to confide in her and will say things like "so what do you think of this treatment....really?" it makes me second guess my decision. Did I mention that my brother is married to someone very high up at IMG models and looks at his once pretty kid sister like a carnival freak. If my skin isn't nice at the end of this treatment I will be spoken about in hushed tones at all family gatherings forever....kinda scary. Anyone else going through this crap?

Hugs to you all....it's nice not to be alone in this!

Boo-hoo-hoo

CT

Catmin

I finally found your picture. You look like you are twelve. I am too old to be talking to you. evil.gif Whatever, I 'm gay who cares. lol.gif Yes, I know a gay man with acne. Almost as bad as a gay man with a small...

GAMAR--I wrote to you under your log. It is fun to see  pictures- quite the hottie! CT and I were completely off (Garafolo or Huffman eusa_snooty.gif )

That's funny tht I'm similar to what you guys thought.  It must be the weight thing.

I had such a good giggle over the "Mrs Garrett" thing....hey Betts, do you look like mrs garrett??? but with a short and spiky hairdo?

Gamar--you really make my day with your sense of humour! I used to watch tht show too!  eusa_shifty.gif

Actually, I could picture Chris with blond hair too--Chris???(bottle blond)

Chris... where are you?

Begone said "I hope everyone knows not to take any of the cyclines (tetra, mino, doxy) while on Accutane, could cause a head explosion.""

(I added the bold)

YOU MAKE ME SMILE !!!  You really remind me of my older brother (yeah, yeah, you're 2 years younger than me!)  He's a bit on the serious side... worries  ...  abrupt...

Begone...are you telling me you can't see the picture I posted...maybe if you read all the posts you'd see it eusa_naughty.gif

You said you had trouble navigating this site; why don't you click 'track this thread' at top of page, then when you want to catch up on reading, just go to 'my controls' and click on 'my topic '(left column)

have a great weekend and thanks all for the fun!

CAT

p/s If you're sick of hearing abt my derm, skip this part, otherwise read on:

I was asking him many questions today; he then said "miss_____, (he calls me Miss (then my name), if at anytime you want a second opinion, I can refer you to a UC hospital; they will tell you tht you ARE on the right course of treatment.  My friend thinks it sounds like my doc is intimidated by the questions; I don't think tht's the case. I feel tht he just wants to reassure me tht I am on the right track and confident Im doing this treatment. (he's certainlynot arrogant)

What do you make of this?

Hi Cat, just back to check on you. I'm sorry the tane hasn't completely kicked ass as hard as I hoped it would. Seems like you've met a good group here though...good luck and keep fighting. Oh yeah..and what the hell kind of company imposes for TWO WEEKS!

I think my docotr kind of gets mad when I ask too many questions but I ask them anyway. He is not big with the shots but he says he would use them in some instances especially if the patient insists. But if he offered a referral to second opinion, I would probably take him up on it. I work in a hospital and it is amazing to hear just two different doctors' opinions. Could be night and day. Especially as a psychologist, we never agree eusa_think.gif

Catmin

I finally found your picture.  You look like you are twelve.  I am too old to be talking to you.  evil.gif Whatever, I 'm gay who cares. lol.gif Yes, I know a gay man with acne.  Almost as bad as a gay man with a small...

GAMAR--I wrote to you under your log. It is fun to see  pictures- quite the hottie! CT and I were completely off (Garafolo or Huffman eusa_snooty.gif )

That's funny tht I'm similar to what you guys thought.  It must be the weight thing.

I had such a good giggle over the "Mrs Garrett" thing....hey Betts, do you look like mrs garrett??? but with a short and spiky hairdo?

Gamar--you really make my day with your sense of humour! I used to watch tht show too!  eusa_shifty.gif

Actually, I could picture Chris with blond hair too--Chris???(bottle blond)

Chris... where are you?

Begone said "I hope everyone knows not to take any of the cyclines (tetra, mino, doxy) while on Accutane, could cause a head explosion.""

(I added the bold)

YOU MAKE ME SMILE !!!  You really remind me of my older brother (yeah, yeah, you're 2 years younger than me!)  He's a bit on the serious side... worries   ...  abrupt...

Begone...are you telling me you can't see the picture I posted...maybe if you read all the posts you'd see it eusa_naughty.gif

You said you had trouble navigating this site; why don't you click 'track this thread' at top of page, then when you want to catch up on reading, just go to 'my controls' and click on 'my topic '(left column)

have a great weekend and thanks all for the fun!

CAT

p/s If you're sick of hearing abt my derm, skip this part, otherwise read on:

I was asking him many questions today; he then said "miss_____, (he calls me Miss (then my name), if at anytime you want a second opinion, I can refer you to a UC hospital; they will tell you tht you ARE on the right course of treatment.  My friend thinks it sounds like my doc is intimidated by the questions; I don't think tht's the case. I feel tht he just wants to reassure me tht I am on the right track and confident Im doing this treatment. (he's certainlynot arrogant)

What do you make of this?

Begone said "I finally found your picture. You look like you are twelve. I am too old to be talking to you. Whatever, I 'm gay who cares. Yes, I know a gay man with acne. Almost as bad as a gay man with a small...

Aha...now its getting juicy....

And i thought you took offense to one of my earlier posts abt my girl friends AND guy friends would like to take you out for coffee....

And errr....as bad as any man with a small...

12 huh? eusa_liar.gif Then not bad for 37.

And, psychologists never agree on anything....ooh..did I say tht outloud..I was just thinking it.

Betts--you don't know Mrs Garrett? oh dissappointment...tht would've been fun!

Sounds like you are having fun ....

Lilith--Nice to meet you. We are the same age! I have lots of crying bouts having to deal with this face. What treatments are you on? I have mixed feelings abt having guests right now...such bad timing. You're daughter sounds very sweet--

Wow, tht must be interesting to have teenagers already (mine are both under 7)

Hi Cat, just back to check on you. I'm sorry the tane hasn't completely kicked ass as hard as I hoped it would. Seems like you've met a good group here though...good luck and keep fighting.  Oh yeah..and what the hell kind of company imposes for TWO WEEKS!

Isn't coffee bad for skin? eusa_doh.gif My accupuncturist says it is bad for everything. He suggests Green Tea and does not appear to even have pores in his skin--mannequin like. I guess I am switching to Green Tea. We could do that. The stupid part is, I drank coffee forwenty years and it never caused a problem.

About drinking alcohol...don't do it. Don't even have one. eusa_naughty.gif For most of us it would probably be OK but there is some evidence that certain people can not tolerate the toxicity of alcohol in the presence of Accutane, much like the Tylenol situation. We don;t know what our liver can handle and we are better off not finding out so...no alcohol with Accutane and no alcohol with Tylenol either.

As far as the broken blood vessel--they are more frightening to look at than anything else. My concern is the cornea can be affected by Accutane because technically there is skin across our eyes. Just like hte skin on our faces it can dry out and ULCERATE. shock.gif This typically heals after stopping treatment but still...ULCERATE. When we add alcohol to the mix or anything else that stresses the liver, we tend to develop more side effects. sad.gif

By the way, what can I do with my lips? They are so bad. I look like Linda Blair when the Devil gave her cotton mouth in the Exorcist. evil.gif

Begone said "I finally found your picture. You look like you are twelve. I am too old to be talking to you.  Whatever, I 'm gay who cares.  Yes, I know a gay man with acne. Almost as bad as a gay man with a small...

And i thought you took offense to one of my earlier posts abt my girl friends AND guy friends would like to take you out for coffee....

12 huh? eusa_liar.gif  Then not bad for 37.

And, psychologists never agree on anything....ooh..did I say tht outloud..I was just thinking it.

Lilith--Nice to meet you. We are the same age! I have lots of crying bouts having to deal with this face. What treatments are you on? I have mixed feelings abt having guests right now...such bad timing.  You're daughter sounds very sweet--

Love the Edna Garrett comment. Did the facts of LIfe ever have an acne episode?

As far as the IUD? don;t do it. One of my patients had to have one removed and it took a year to find it. shock.gif

The cervical barrier, diaphram? is a better choice along with condoms. I don;t blame anyone for not wanting birth control pills. I would not take them. Too much tinkering with the body's chemistry for too many years. Causes strokes and cancer especially if you smoke.

Begone said "I finally found your picture. You look like you are twelve. I am too old to be talking to you.  Whatever, I 'm gay who cares.  Yes, I know a gay man with acne. Almost as bad as a gay man with a small...

12 huh? eusa_liar.gif  Then not bad for 37.

Lilith--Nice to meet you. We are the same age! I have lots of crying bouts having to deal with this face. What treatments are you on? I have mixed feelings abt having guests right now...such bad timing.  You're daughter sounds very sweet--

Love the Edna Garrett comment.  Did the facts of LIfe ever have an acne episode?

As far as the IUD?  don;t do it.  One of my patients had to have one removed and it took a year to find it. shock.gif

The  cervical barrier, diaphram? is a better choice along with condoms.  I don;t blame anyone for not wanting birth control pills.  I would not take them.  Too much tinkering with the body's chemistry for too many years.  Causes strokes and cancer especially if you smoke.

12 huh? eusa_liar.gif   Then not bad for 37.

6 weeks (day 38)

I can't believe all the paper cut types of injuries my hands are getting. Is anyone else having this happen?

My face is really starting to get dry now and its impossible to put makeup on smoothly. It looks like I got 'decoupaged'...or collaged like a mosaic face. Im laying off the sulfur, except for my horrendous patch on the right side.

My left side still has hyperpigmented spots (remnants of shots and acne) and ugly even with makeup on.

When you girls have makeup on, is it obvious what's going on underneath? Because I can't seem to do a good job of covering up.

My lips are peeling in layers and look RED. A little split in one corner.

Can't tell if Im losing more hair than usual, but any hair loss bothers me. How's everyone in the hair dept?

I must have an iron stomach because Im handling the erythromycin quite well, and it may be helping prevent new breakouts (knock on wood)

I consider myself lucky tht Im not having the back aches/joint pains (yet)

And no more spotting--maybe because Im getting less shots.

I think alcohol in moderation is OK...no lectures Begone.

I suggest Aquaphor or Burt's bees lip balm for the cotton mouth, but beware...combining with green tea may cause your nose to fall off eusa_liar.gif

Im not giving up coffee just yet, and as for the green tea, does green tea ice cream count?

I can't imagine someone's iud getting lost; tht's got to hurt! See, tht's why it gives me those heebee jeebies! Why'd your patient tell you abt it Begone?

I think Gamar is the only one here tht has the 'quote reply, cut and paste' down..the rest of us are simply awful at it!

CT--if you post tht picture, don't take it down till I see is, as Im not going to be back till Wed/thurs. Im so happy for you tht you are clearing; hows the eye? Do update us after the derm visit.

Betts--you too! We want to see if you look like Edna garrett (hmm...can't believe you remember her first name begone)

Keep posting all; this is fun! "See" you in a couple of days.

CAT

Hi everyone!! It's Betts, I mean Mrs. Garrett (now I will have to look her pic up to see what I look like!!) in Boston again.

Hey, I found something great for lips, a little tube of aquaphor that I just put on my lips once or twice and it sets me for the whole day. I thought, actually, that I would be a lot drier than I am. Not too dry at all....and it is drier here in general than the tropical clime I come from. This MUST be dose dependent, bigtime, as I am on that Sotret 20mg every other day.

I almost hesitate to say I am improving for fear of jinxing, but I am!!! eusa_dance.gif

Wish CT and I could have gotten together whilst here doubt.gif I have a feeling we are all very nice people. I still think a reunion would be great...

Off again!! to Maine today!!!

Hugs to ALL biggrin.gif

Betts