Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tritonxiv

After Much Delay, I Finally Got It...

Four years of perfectally worthless creams, oils, pastes, antibiotics, vitamins, and gels will really get on your nerves.

Well I say to hell with everything else, I am tired of everything acne has done to me. I am going on the crazy drug that will most likely screw me in more than one way. I don't give a damn as long as this God-forsaken disease goes with it.

Ah, I still remember the day I was given the little slip of paper with the ominous looking yellow sticker. Hell yes! I thought, The drugs are mine! ...Still seems like yesterday.... eusa_think.gif Then of course those idiot derms screw up a supposedly overnight authorization.

.... ... .

A month later, and none the worse for wear, here I sit. My derms finally got their asses in gear, so I finally, I posses these freaky little football-shapped buggers with weird numbers all over them....This is what I've been waiting for?? Oh well....bottoms up!.. eusa_sick.gif

..... .... ......

So it has begun. Someone root for me, and remind me not to commit suicide. Yay!

Four years of perfectally worthless creams, oils, pastes, antibiotics, vitamins, and gels will really get on your nerves.

Well I say to hell with everything else, I am tired of everything acne has done to me. I am going on the crazy drug that will most likely screw me in more than one way. I don't give a damn as long as this God-forsaken disease goes with it.

Ah, I still remember the day I was given the little slip of paper with the ominous looking yellow sticker. Hell yes! I thought, The drugs are mine! ...Still seems like yesterday....  eusa_think.gif Then of course those idiot derms screw up a supposedly overnight authorization.

.... ... .

A month later, and none the worse for wear, here I sit. My derms finally got their asses in gear, so I finally, I posses these freaky little football-shapped buggers with weird numbers all over them....This is what I've been waiting for?? Oh well....bottoms up!.. eusa_sick.gif

..... ....  ......

So it has begun. Someone root for me, and remind me not to commit suicide. Yay!

Thank you for the support.

I've waited nearly six years for my acne to go away.

What's another 6 months! wink.gif

Can anyone suggest some lip products I should go get? I have dry lips already so I'm kinda worried about what might happen in a few weeks...

Day 3 - 60mg

Well this would be day three on accutane. No noticable side effects except a slightly dry face after shower. Existing acne remains unchanged. My lips seem no drier than usual. I am sure I need to wait at least a week before the nasties start setting in.

Thank you for the support.

I've waited nearly six years for my acne to go away.

What's another 6 months!  wink.gif

Can anyone suggest some lip products I should go get? I have dry lips already so I'm kinda worried about what might happen in a few weeks...

Week 1 - 60mg

Well, week one is done, and for the most part, all is going as expected. I am expiriencing the so-called initial breakouts as my pores start to unclog themselves. I had a few occurences of minor lower back pain, but after stretching, it went away. What isn't expected is my lips are not all that dry. Some people have horribly dry lips by this time, so I am thankful that everything in that department seems normal, and hope it will continue on like this for as long as possible.

On a side note, man those cysts are painful... cry.gif I can't wait till my acne is all gone.

Ok I luv u bye bye.

Week 1 - 60mg

Well, week one is done, and for the most part, all is going as expected. I am expiriencing the so-called initial breakouts as my pores start to unclog themselves. I had a few occurences of minor lower back pain, but after stretching, it went away. What isn't expected is my lips are not all that dry. Some people have horribly dry lips by this time, so I am thankful that everything in that department seems normal, and hope it will continue on like this for as long as possible.

On a side note, man those cysts are painful... cry.gif I can't wait till my acne is all gone.

Ok I luv u bye bye.

End of Month 1 - 60mg/Day

Okay so I know I haven't posted regular updates, but I felt that religiously scrutinizing my acne during the initial breakout period would not be wise. I prefer not to focus on the negative.

Anyways the first month is done with, and I will finally allow myself to examine my acne, to see whether any progress was made. Let me say this, the medicine is working as described. There is only one active pimple left on my face, meaning for the first time, the red marks of the old can finally start to fade. Oilyness has decreased significantly, but not as much as I'd hoped. I am confindent that within the next 30 days I will have practically normal looking skin. It is a good feeling.

Side effects were minimal. Dry lips, and dry hands. That's about it. No back pain, no depression, no loss of night vision ect ect. I've been using Aloe Vera moisturizer on my hands lately, which is probably a good habit to get into anyways.

The trip to the derm was positive. He said there was a marked improvement, and revealed that my blood tests came back clean. He percribed another month's worth of accutane, and today marks the first day of month 2 on 60mg/Day.

Wishing you all the best.