Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
aarrgghh

Treatment for my mild acne

I guess I'm fairly lucky. Some people have really severe acne and I feel bad for griping sometimes because it could be a lot worse...But my acne is irritating and makes me horribly self-conscious sometimes.

I'm 21 and have suffered off and on from mild acne.

Other guys my age have good looking skin while I don't. Like I said, not bad, but I'm having trouble finding the right thing.

I've tried various BP products and currently apply Benzaclin twice a day to my face.

It helps some, but it always seems to resurface. I also take a pill twice a day that has the salicylic acid in it. It doesn't really seem to want to work at all.

So my question for you mild acne sufferers, what worked 4 u? I want to give Proactiv a shot...Heard great things about it - especially for mild acne.

Suggestions? Thanks in advance.

no cross out proactiv..lol Try to wash ur face every 2 hours with warm water. Just warm water every 2 hours. Lets see if those little pimples can last. >.< Thats what ive been doing and my face looks much cleaner.

Just warm water....I wash my face like 3 times a day with warm water and a good soap (Ivory, I think)...Then I wash my face with this oil-free acne wash from Neutrogena, then apply my Benzaclin.

I do wash my face often, but not every 2 hours...And I use the BP twice a day, sometimes thrice.

Good enough?

Try Dan's regimen. It'll work. Washing your skin as much as they suggest, will just dry your skin, not to mention wash everything GOOD, and bad, out. Dirt and oil aren't what causes acne. Click the link in the top right hand corner, I'm too lazy to paste it in.. eusa_boohoo.gif

Ive also got mild acne. Its nothing too bad but it also makes me very self-conscious of my apperance. Anyway theres no need for escessive washing like every 2 hours becuase yeh it can dry the skin and its also very convenient, especially when your out. Anyway just try Dan's regimen, its quite simple, you only need to do it morning and nite. Ive been on the regimen for a little over a week now, and i only apply the BP at night but ive had incredible results from it. Its really effective method so you should give it a go, and forgot about taking pills etc.

Ive also got mild acne. Its nothing too bad but it also makes me very self-conscious of my apperance. Anyway theres no need for escessive washing like every 2 hours becuase yeh it can dry the skin and its also very convenient, especially when your out. Anyway just try Dan's regimen, its quite simple, you only need to do it morning and nite. Ive been on the regimen for a little over a week now, and i only apply the BP at night but ive had incredible results from it. Its really effective method so you should give it a go, and forgot about taking pills etc.

OK...Looked over that regimen. Seems pretty good, I guess.

I'll start doing that this weekend.

Question though...My BP is 5%. Is that a huge deal? Do I need the 2.5% for it to be effective? I'm currently using Benzaclin. Thanks in advance.

I have moderate acne, and like you, it makes me self concious but at the same time I don't want to gripe about it because it could be much much worse. Before starting Dan's Regimen I had taken Brevoxyl (a prescription benzoyl peroxide) once daily, I had tried Differin, Clindamycin, and I had tried Retin A micro. Nothing worked very well, Retin A worked the best but it is harsh on your skin. I have been on Dan's Regimen for about a month now and it has worked better than anything I have ever tried. Applying Dan's Regimen is so gentle on my skin I can't believe it. I am not clear of acne yet, but I am very excited to see what the future holds. The 5% bp will be harsher on your skin then 2.5%. There are no forseeable benefits of 5% so I would go with 2.5% if you can.

OK...Looked over that regimen. Seems pretty good, I guess.

I'll start doing that this weekend.

Question though...My BP is 5%. Is that a huge deal? Do I need the 2.5% for it to be effective? I'm currently using Benzaclin. Thanks in advance.

Proactive is just BP with two other products you can buy much cheaper seperately.

The magic is in their own BP product.

Theres three products..

-The Soap cleanser, nothing super speacial about it, its got little bits of sand or what ever they use in there to act as an exfoliant.

-The toner, again, nothing super speacial about it. As far as toners go, it great.

-And then the BP product.

No good reason to spend 5 times the amount for half the actual working product.

Each to their own.

And yes I'm speaking from experience.