Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ashley4

feedback on my scarring solution would be nice

hey guys .

okay i have an area on my face with minor scarring . they are a few little indents visible in the angle of liight , they appear greasy as many scars do because of the uneven tone.

my scars most resemble this womans

http://www.skincarencure.com/images/shpre1.gif

but they are not as bad , they are only in one small area with a few indents , but the whole area is quite uneven now

my parents have said that they will pay for any scar treatment i choose , whatever the cost . as long as its not a gazzillion dollars i want to get one. I want to choose the best one most likley to heal my scars. I dont want to waste money and i want it to work. i can only choose one , so what do u guys think would be the best treatment for these types of scars?

feedback would be greatly appreciated , im in a depression because of my scars and i just need them gone

thanks!

hey guys .

okay i have an area on my face with minor scarring . they are a few little indents visible in the angle of liight , they appear greasy as many scars do because of the uneven tone.

but they are not as bad , they are only in one small area with a few indents , but the whole area is quite uneven now

my parents have said that they will pay for any scar treatment  i choose , whatever the cost . as long as its not a gazzillion dollars i want to get one. I want to choose the best one most  likley to heal my scars. I dont want to waste money and i want it to work. i can only choose one , so what do u guys think would be the best treatment  for these types of scars?

feedback would be greatly appreciated , im in a depression because of my scars and i just need them gone

thanks!

thanks so much for replying . so how well did the dermabrasion work for you? are u scar free?

-ashley

before trying anything else..u might wanna go out and get JOEY-newyork for bout 30-35 dollars. it really minimizes pores! I've been using it just LAST NIGHT and the pores on my cheeks are really healing! I know its not SCARS but the picture looks more like large pores than scars. Maybe if JOEY works then u could get some really good scar products for about 50-100 dollars that will really work instead of skipping right for the lazor. >.<

should i just try any pore minimizer or does it have to be that one

and also.. i know most topicals are known to not work , but if i was going to choose one which should i get?

I too love Joey-New York Pure Pores w/ Vitamin C. I also use their Microdermabrasion Peel and it leaves my skin feeling great. It doesn't really help with scarring, but it makes your skin feel really good. I have similar scarring like you described. It is just minor indents in certain areas, but it's noticeable to me in different lighting, especially because some of the indents are close to one another. I know what you mean about it looking greasy too. I have been thinking about spot dermabrasion, but that seems really scary to me. I am trying some other things first, and if all else fails, I may try that. I know I need some kind of minor skin resurfacing procedure most likely to smooth out my skin completely. Copper Peptides are supposed to help heal too; I know a lot of people use them on their own or after various laser procedures to help speed up the healing process. I hope this helps!

hey guys .

my parents have said that they will pay for any scar treatment  i choose , whatever the cost . as long as its not a gazzillion dollars i want to get one. I want to choose the best one most  likley to heal my scars. I dont want to waste money and i want it to work. i can only choose one , so what do u guys think would be the best treatment  for these types of scars?

thanks!

I agree w/ the above poster that dermabrasion is the most effective treatment for acne scars (at least from what I've researched on this board). If you do go for dermabrasion, remember to keep your expectations very realistic whereas it won't totally obliterate your scars. My scarring is a lot milder now, and two plastic surgeons told me it wasn't bad. But I have a lot of it all over my cheeks so that is what bothers me. A plastic surgeon I went to see the other day suggested spot dermabrasion but told me to expect 50% improvement. Certainly I thought I would have more improvement than that since my scars aren't deep at all, but that is how it goes. The damage to the skin is deeper than it looks.

Since your scarring is in one area, spot dermabrasion may be an option, depending on your skin. Also, do your homework and look for a competent surgeon, whereas there are risks involved.

There are creams that have improved scars for some, but there is still some speculation as to whether the improvements are permanent or cosmetic in nature. A few that I have spoken claim to have had long term improvement using hydroxy acids and copper peptides (I am using supercopx2 now w/ some improvement, and some drawbacks), but then again some people say it does not work for them. Scars are very difficult to treat and it's different for every person. It would be nice if there was a universal solution.

It's kind of depressing at times, but I keep thinking that if all else fails, I figure I will keep getting dermabrasion, over and over again redface.gif There are some success stories on here, so remember, there is hope!

I agree w/ the above poster that dermabrasion is the most effective treatment for acne scars (at least from what I've researched on this board).  If you do go for dermabrasion, remember to keep your expectations very realistic whereas it won't totally obliterate your scars.  My scarring is a lot milder now, and two plastic surgeons told me it wasn't bad.  But I have a lot of it all over my cheeks so that is what bothers me. A plastic surgeon I went to see the other day suggested spot dermabrasion but told me to expect 50% improvement.  Certainly I thought I would have more improvement than that since my scars aren't deep at all, but that is how it goes.  The damage to the skin is deeper than it looks. 

Since your scarring is in one area, spot dermabrasion may be an option, depending on your skin.  Also, do your homework and look for a competent surgeon, whereas there are risks involved. 

There are creams that have improved scars for some, but there is still some speculation as to whether the improvements are permanent or cosmetic in nature.  A few that I have spoken claim to have had long term improvement using hydroxy acids and copper peptides (I am using supercopx2 now w/ some improvement, and some drawbacks), but then again some people say it does not work for them. Scars are very difficult to treat and it's different for every person. It would be nice if there was a universal solution.     

It's kind of depressing at times, but I keep thinking that if all else fails, I figure I will keep getting dermabrasion, over and over again  redface.gif  There are some success stories on here, so remember, there is hope!

i know most topicals are known to not work , but if i was going to choose one which should i get?

I wouldn't bother with a topical. I'd go for dermabrasion. I think it's what helps most for that type of scarring. What type of skin do you have?

Guest delta force operators
i know most topicals are known to not work , but if i was going to choose one which should i get?

I wouldn't bother with a topical. I'd go for dermabrasion. I think it's what helps most for that type of scarring. What type of skin do you have?